• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Corwyn001

Private
Aug 21, 2022
Ok, so I have in storage what appear to be several mechs, but they're all listed as salvage parts. I also acquired a Centurion in partial condition as salvage from a mission, and it was in the mech bay. It only had one medium laser. Then I bought a Blackjack and it immediately went into storage. I managed to move the Cent. into storage, but now can't move any other mech into the empty bay slot, nor can I move the Cent. back into the bay. I assume I'll be able to upgrade to more bays at some point, but that still doesn't solve the problem with moving mech out of storage. Nor does it tell me if the mech I have in storage are just parts or whole mechs. What am I doing wrong and what do I need to do here? Thanks.

To move a mech out of storage, you need to move one of your mechs in the bay into storage to make space. And yes, you will eventually be able to make more mech bays available. I'm not sure why you wouldn't be able to ready the Centurion (which would move it back into the bay.)

As for whether you have pieces of mech salvage, or fully assembled mechs, I think the mech salvage will be shown as 1/3 or 2/3. Plus, you won't have the option to make bits of salvage ready, but you will have the option to made a full assembled (but stored) mech ready.

Also, I would recommend that you not buy a whole mech from the market, but instead, buy bits of salvage and then assemble a mech together from that. It takes a bit longer, but it's much cheaper. The way the economy works though, if you sell a fully complete mech, you will only get as many C-Bills as it costs to buy one piece of salvage from that same mech.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Ok, so I have in storage what appear to be several mechs, but they're all listed as salvage parts. I also acquired a Centurion in partial condition as salvage from a mission, and it was in the mech bay. It only had one medium laser. Then I bought a Blackjack and it immediately went into storage. I managed to move the Cent. into storage, but now can't move any other mech into the empty bay slot, nor can I move the Cent. back into the bay. I assume I'll be able to upgrade to more bays at some point, but that still doesn't solve the problem with moving mech out of storage. Nor does it tell me if the mech I have in storage are just parts or whole mechs. What am I doing wrong and what do I need to do here? Thanks.

First thing's first, there are "salvage parts" which are collected until Yang can reconstruct a full 'Mech. This is defaulting to "three parts", but can go as high as eight. If you can't move them from Storage, then they are only "parts" and not "stored 'Mechs".

The parts can be discerned by seeing 1/X where X is the number you need to have Yang put a 'new' BattleMech together from the parts.

Ok, thanks. So what I have is a lot of mech parts, not full mechs that might need repair. That was not terribly intuitive. Appreciate all the info. Anyone got a spare PPC you could sell me. My Vindicator lost hers and there are none in the store. :)

• 1Like
Reactions:
Anyone got a spare PPC you could sell me. My Vindicator lost hers and there are none in the store.

If you're looking for damage, a large laser is more efficient, perhaps combined with a larger LRM. (Though it's more a case of "less ineffcient"; energy is not good for long range.)

You'll know when you have collected all the parts needed for a full mech, Yang will let you know and it'll appear in your mech bay.
Unless your bay is full, which Corwyn's shouldn't be yet. If your bay is full you'll need to choose a mech to send to storage to open a slot, as Mark Dey mentioned above.

Unless your bay is full, which Corwyn's shouldn't be yet. If your bay is full you'll need to choose a mech to send to storage to open a slot, as Mark Dey mentioned above.

In which case they'll definitely know they got a new 'Mech ready :)

Reactions: