• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hello,

So where I am from, we have roads that are only for busses. Is such a thing possible on Cities Skylines?

Nope. I am hoping for this in the future. Would be so awesome to have a buslane where buses and emergency vehicles could drive.

Nope. I am hoping for this in the future. Would be so awesome to have a buslane where buses and emergency vehicles could drive.

actually, it's a thought to be eluded because in the game, when you create a bus stop, it creates also a bus lane for the bus stop.
and i am afraid if they put bus lanes, they make the actual bus lane (which looks more realistic) disappear.

i prefer this type of details rather having too much road :) the bus lanes they included in the game is really cool! so i would stick with the "actual bus lane" :)
8trmVXY.png

actually, it's a thought to be eluded because in the game, when you create a bus stop, it creates also a bus lane for the bus stop.
and i am afraid if they put bus lanes, they make the actual bus lane (which looks more realistic) disappear.

i prefer this type of details rather having too much road :) the bus lanes they included in the game is really cool! so i would stick with the "actual bus lane" :)
8trmVXY.png

That is a bus pocket.

This is a bus lane from Cities in Motion 2 created by the same developers:

It would be great to have these for buses and emergency vehicles on crowded streets. A lot of real life cities have designated lanes for collective traffic.

Last edited:
That is a bus pocket.

It would be great to have these for buses and emergency vehicles on crowded streets. A lot of real life cities have designated lanes for collective traffic.

I really love the bust pocket, it's a great detail that they putted it in.
I actually love the roads in your last picture :)

8trmVXY.png
This isn't a bus lane, it's a stop. A little indent so that the bus gets out of the way of the cars, instead of backing up traffic. Bus lanes are entire lanes of traffic sectioned off only for buses (and emergency vehicles obviously).

I really love the bust pocket, it's a great detail that they putted it in.
I actually love the roads in your last picture :)

They are from Cities in Motion 2. That game have so many amazing road options that i am kind of sad CO didn't put them into this game as well. I think it is because they have overhauled the road system so it might be more work to put them back in than it sounds.

Edit: Here are some more for us to hope an pray we get:

Yes, those were in principle great. They needed a few fixes though. The should be forbidden for cars to use them as turning lanes, which made bus lanes mostly obsolete in inner cities.

I love all the roads in CIM, not just the bus lanes. I also love how flexible the tram line placement is.
I hope these make their way into CSL at some point.

Wouldn't it be possible to create a separate network for busses, as long as you keep it 100% separated from any other roads and only connect it to the bus station?
A highway ramp would be ideal for this, but i'm not sure if busstops can be placed along highway ramps.

Maybe in the future CO can just designate one of the present lanes in the road system via the use of district policies? Lets say you have a 6 lane 2 way road and since cars mostly bunch up in 1 lane already and many times do not use the middle lanes the emergency vehicles can get the right of way if say the policy states no cars allowed etc...

Maybe this policy can work this way with the wider roads and allow our fire trucks, ambulance, hearse, etc... a proper right of way. Hopefully more policies get implemented in the future.

Chances are (if CO don't pick up on this), modders will eventually put together a traffic mod like in SC4 that fundamentally changes how traffic works and how the lanes are used. Including bus lanes, elevated metros and such.

You're not missing anything. That doesn't make them any less effective though. Can't just have them stop in the middle of the road and dump passengers off into the car lane, can they?

Can't have it all - Both vehicle types need access to the curb. Busses less often so.

You're not missing anything. That doesn't make them any less effective though. Can't just have them stop in the middle of the road and dump passengers off into the car lane, can they?

Can't have it all - Both vehicle types need access to the curb. Busses less often so.

Surely buses need access to the curb far more often?
I'd estimate as many as 90% of bus lanes in London occur flush to the pavement on the outside of the road (i.e. on the left in the UK).
There are appropriate sections of the bus lane for other traffic to pull into for turnings/junctions.

Per vehicle? Yes. But there's a hell of a lot more cars than busses. Statistically cars still need curb access more often than a bus does. Parking on the curb, driving into gatehouses and so on.