• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

ArchangelEST

Private
34 Badges
Nov 12, 2016
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Magicka 2
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Divine Wind
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Semper Fi
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Pillars of Eternity
Made it to the end of the Burning Library, looking at the Silent Archive.

It says I can switch the archive with a different artifact to keep the magic going, but I can't figure out how.

When I click on the interaction symbol the only option is to examine the archieve. When I do, it just gives a bunch of dialogue and the option to remove the scroll but not exchange it with anything.

I have multiple artifacts both equipped and in my inventory, but there's no dialogue option for it in the Silent Archive examination and no way to interact with it otherwise.

I've read both the notes on the corpses and those were reflected in the examination dialogue. It says the archive is fueling the magic etc. But still no option to switch it with another artifact.

It's driving me nuts.

Is this bugged or am I missing something simple?

Okay, I reviewed everything and I think I may have backed myself into a story-driven corner.

As I'm running with the Disfavoured questline and my goal as noted in the journal, was to destroy the place, I assume that's the only choice I have.

Which would be kinda weird, seeing that I've been given multiple chances to betray my alliance in trivial situations, but apparently when there's a huge decision to be made I can't change my mind about the outcome of the quest?

Still kinda hoping it's more of a bug/me missing the obvious, though.

In the same room is an artifact (a staff). When you loot it first you get an option to change the staff (should be mentioned in the notes) with the scroll (so was it for me). I just snapped the scroll and run for my life. I played with the Disfavoured.

In the same room is an artifact (a staff). When you loot it first you get an option to change the staff (should be mentioned in the notes) with the scroll (so was it for me). I just snapped the scroll and run for my life. I played with the Disfavoured.

Weirdly enough, I'm pretty sure I found that staff - an artifact - well before I reached the archives. And I don't recall any dialogue being associated with it.

In your background, did you allow the Vellum Citadel advance notice of the edict or not? I did not, and I'm pretty sure that closed off some areas in the library for me which may have been instrumental to the solution. Maybe by doing so the citadel was not fortified enough or the staff bearer was killed in a different location, causing the inconsistency of our stories and making the switch impossible.

Nope the Staff (that is mentioned in the notes near the silence library) is in the same area. Its a time based artifact. And yes i made the same choice as you.

My lore is over 130 and I have the Staff of Hours. I have no option to do anything other than take the scroll or throw it into the lava.

are you wearing the staff?

only artifacts in the inventory are counted (don't know about the stash)

Okay, I reviewed everything and I think I may have backed myself into a story-driven corner.

As I'm running with the Disfavoured questline and my goal as noted in the journal, was to destroy the place, I assume that's the only choice I have.

Which would be kinda weird, seeing that I've been given multiple chances to betray my alliance in trivial situations, but apparently when there's a huge decision to be made I can't change my mind about the outcome of the quest?

Still kinda hoping it's more of a bug/me missing the obvious, though.

I think it has something to do with the Disfavored, too. I've spent the past hour looking for a definitive answer, but have yet to find it. I'll just shelf this game until someone posts a concrete answer on whether it's a bug, or a limitation of the Disfavored storyline, because I don't want to go past this point only for someone to say it was a bug and a patch is incoming.

My lore is over 130 and I have the Staff of Hours. I have no option to do anything other than take the scroll or throw it into the lava.

are you wearing the staff?

only artifacts in the inventory are counted (don't know about the stash)

This is basically the exact same case as with me.

I tried equipping the staff, not equipping it, equipping other artifacts, moving them around in the inventory, putting them into stash and so forth. Tried everything - still no go.

So yeah. Seems like it's not just me, but it's still unclear if this is a bug or a specific outcome from story choices - and since there are so many, it's kinda hard for players to verify.

I to had no option to switch and until this thread I didn't even realize it was possible. I sided with the Disfavored as well but in the conquest I did warn the sages and they loved me for it and I also got some friend points from a different quest that I helped them out. Burning books is not something I believe in even in a video game where evil rules so saving the library is something I would do.

Yes, I'm convinced this is a bug.

I had the lore check the first time, but didn't take it.

Wasn't thrilled with the outcome, so I decided to reload, come back with a higher lore and attempt it again. Now, the lore check won't appear.

I looted the staff, tried starting the interaction with staff on the inventory, staff equipped, nothing. Nothing I do triggers the appearance of the lore check. The only time it appeared it was on the very first time I played through it.

Oh, and I'm not aligned with either disfavored or chorus, so it's not that. Definetaly a bug, one that pretty much killed my will to continue this playthrough, since I'm roleplaying a rebel-alliance ending.

Guys, I just figured it out.

You have to actually "open" the notes found on both of the sages corpses nearby. Right click them, scroll to the end. And then on the interaction, after the "analyze the spell", the lore check will appear.

You can loot the notes, but if you don't right click them the option won't appear. Pretty sneaky.

Good luck

Reactions:
Guys, I just figured it out.

You have to actually "open" the notes found on both of the sages corpses nearby. Right click them, scroll to the end. And then on the interaction, after the "analyze the spell", the lore check will appear.

You can loot the notes, but if you don't right click them the option won't appear. Pretty sneaky.

Good luck

Nope, no luck for me. Reloaded before I even entered the area, did all that and nothing.

Nope, no luck for me. Reloaded before I even entered the area, did all that and nothing.

ok check for this

- read all the scrolls

- have an artifact in your inventory (not in your stash or equiped)

ok check for this

- read all the scrolls

I've been at this too long :p
First time I tried I read the scrolls first, had no artifacts in inventory, saw nothing.
Second time I read the scrolls first, had an artifact in my inventory (not the staff, the heavy armour artifact), saw nothing.
Third time I didn't read the scrolls but looted them, had the staff in inventory, nothing.
Fourth time I read the scrolls first, had the staff in inventory, nothing.

Really at a loss what else I can do here.

ok check for this

- read all the scrolls

I tried every variation imaginable. I even tried my very best to drag the items from my character's equipped items to the scroll. :D

So yeah, has to be a bug that randomly decides to not trigger the lore check, regardless of how you approach the area or what you individual story circumstances are.

I tried every variation imaginable. I even tried my very best to drag the items from my character's equipped items to the scroll. :D

So yeah, has to be a bug that randomly decides to not trigger the lore check, regardless of how you approach the area or what you individual story circumstances are.

It's really annoying, because I don't want to progress ahead with the story with a big deviance from how I'm RPing it just because a glitch, only to have it fixed by a patch a couple of days later and have to go all the way back. I also don't want to have to put the game aside until there's a fix, because I'm absolutely loving it apart from this.

It's really annoying, because I don't want to progress ahead with the story with a big deviance from how I'm RPing it just because a glitch, only to have it fixed by a patch a couple of days later and have to go all the way back. I also don't want to have to put the game aside until there's a fix, because I'm absolutely loving it apart from this.

Yeah, that kinda sucks. I just went ahead because I figured I'd be playing this game multiple times in the future anyway and I wanted to get a feel for the whole game as soon as possible.

Now I'm just waiting for the first set of patches to do a second play-through and maybe after that I'll wait for the expansion/dlc because honestly the game ends at such a fun point I don't want to keep having to stop playing. :p