• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Dutch culture has been removed from the game.

Burgundy will get cores on the 'dutch' provinces and a -1 province RR.

This lasts for a while, then the provinces will convert to Burgundian culture and lose the -1RR.

The Humanism not Heretical is in the Papal Staes file. However, there is only one version for Paris.

The other is the really important one, for the University of Wittenberg. Rejecting Humanism in that even kills off the Alternative Reformation immediately. It is a potent event in an MP game! It means the Catholic World will have the standard reformation instead. (it could have this anyway, as there are other choices to be made that can later derail Humanism, but this is the big one).

When you say Burgundy gets cores on Holland do you mean in 2.0 which seemingly has about a 5% chance of ever actually being released because of the map? Or is it a change for 1.06?

I think the revolt risk of my starting culture change events needs to be a bit higher as I don't think I had many revolts at all. The average culture change was about 50 years with Lorraine converting earliest and the tax changes did balance out. The slightly sad thing was that I've had all the greater Burgundy provinces (except for Alsace) before I had to choose whether to pick Burgundian culture or not.

On the Humanism event it fired pretty much immediately afterwards so I wonder if the offset and the end date need to be removed as it will fire regardless anyway?

Dell19 said:
When you say Burgundy gets cores on Holland do you mean in 2.0 which seemingly has about a 5% chance of ever actually being released because of the map? Or is it a change for 1.06?

Both.

I think the revolt risk of my starting culture change events needs to be a bit higher as I don't think I had many revolts at all. The average culture change was about 50 years with Lorraine converting earliest and the tax changes did balance out. The slightly sad thing was that I've had all the greater Burgundy provinces (except for Alsace) before I had to choose whether to pick Burgundian culture or not.

I think actual revolts ought to be rare. RR lessens income and therefore also the number of troops you can raise in a province. I think this is enough, especially considering that the thing being 'imposed' is a legal code.

On the Humanism event it fired pretty much immediately afterwards so I wonder if the offset and the end date need to be removed as it will fire regardless anyway?

Sorry, regardless of what?

MattyG said:
Sorry, regardless of what?

The trigger is simply the start date, it isn't waiting for the owner country to reach a particular stability so it should always fire on the start date which makes the offset and end date irrelevant. I do think that the offset of 30 is allowing the event to fire again at the end of the month before the game realises that it has already happened.

I've made a couple of changes as the conversion of Paris was triggering the wrong event and I've changed a couple of events so that relations are affected more.

Dell19 said:
The trigger is simply the start date, it isn't waiting for the owner country to reach a particular stability so it should always fire on the start date which makes the offset and end date irrelevant. I do think that the offset of 30 is allowing the event to fire again at the end of the month before the game realises that it has already happened.

Then we'd see a lot more of that sort of thing because there are lots of events with offsets much lower than that, 10 days, 5 days etc.

But, as you say, it is happening ...

Dell19 said:
I've made a couple of changes as the conversion of Paris was triggering the wrong event and I've changed a couple of events so that relations are affected more.

Paris isn't making the cut.

It's as French as it comes.

Please don't include the Il de France province.