• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
In my current France run Burgundy was friendly to me from the start, so I've married them. Eventually event fired which gave them my Valois heir with a strong claim. Its 1520 now, Inheritance never happened and Valois are on Burgundian throne. Also all burgundian PUs unified in Neitherlands anf many minors joined them for free whipe Neitherlands are still under Burgundian PU.

Waiting for the PU over Burgundy:p

Would you know the conditions for this, please?

Austria got Burgundy as a PU, I RMed and allied Austria, still Austria inherited Burgundy.
Are you Castile trying to get the Netherlands or just some random country?

Castille gets the lowlands if Austria got the lowlands. and both Castille and Austria have rivalled France and married each other.

And event will pop up simply granting you all of Austria's lowland provinces

Reactions:
Castille gets the lowlands if Austria got the lowlands. and both Castille and Austria have rivalled France and married each other.

And event will pop up simply granting you all of Austria's lowland provinces

Well, it seems pretty easy to trigger: if I’m not mistaken, AI Austria starts the game as “historical rival” towards France...

• 1Like
Reactions:
Well, it seems pretty easy to trigger: if I’m not mistaken, AI Austria starts the game as “historical rival” towards France...

You are correct, it's super easy, in my last Aragon>Spain game at the beginning of the patch I wanted to see if the event still worked, it definitely does.

The one part you have 0 control in is Austria needing to stay emperor, and Austria getting the inheritance

I really need help with this one definitively as well, I've been super unlucky in my France game and Marie died while the Duke was 40. I'm really hoping the entire event chain doesn't get circumvented by this one bit of rng.
You can still get it, but only if the Duke dies heirless or if he has an heir with a low claim to the throne.
If i dont get the event, what i try to do is to disinherit my heir when my ruler is really old so when he dies i can change my dinasty to the burgundian one, then I wait untill the reformation spread to the lowlands and the netherlands event is triggered, burgundy will get a PU over the Netherlands. Then wait untill I can press claim to the throne (it usually doesnt take that long) and I get all of his lands plus the netherlands and all the provinces who can defect to join the republic even after I get the PU.

This is what ive understood so far reading the code of the events leading to the burgundian crisis:

1.Burgundy strarts with a modifier called Burgundian crisis making almlsost impossible for burgundy ruler to concieve a new heir and this is meaant to last untill 1500 or if the burgundian crisis is resolved(the curremt ruler gets -100% chance of getting a new heir and also disable the option for introducing new heir). The only way for burgundy to get a new heir with this modifier is if the current ruler is not married and get the event that marries him and also gives him an heir.

2.In the meantime there is an event that gives a female heir to burgundy if the current ruler doesnt have an heir; that is meant to happen in 120 months strating in 1457. That female heir is Marie de Bourgogne and she cannot be uninherited while the crisis modifier is active.

3.When the current male ruler dies and Marie gets the throne then the Burgundian succession crisis event fires and she gets those 3 options that we saw in the dev diaries, with the emperor enforcing HRE lands if the one who get the inheritance is not himself. (I think that this can also happen if the current ruler dies heirles, because in one of my games France got a PU over Burgundy without a RM when Phillip died heirless). Im not sure what are the modifiers for IA Burgundy to decide the outcome but i think it has to do with of course having a RM, good diplo relations and high development (the country with more dev having a RM with Bur is most likelly to get it).

4.Then there is another event that gives you all of burgundy lands for free if you have a PU over them via this event.
In my game Charles decided to live until 67, but by that time Marie kicked the bucket and was replaced, and way i can still get it?