Bullshark better than highlander and stalker for lrm boat?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

raahoj

Banned
30 Badges
Apr 4, 2004
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • BATTLETECH: Heavy Metal
  • BATTLETECH: Season pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • BATTLETECH
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis III
Bullshark better than highlander and stalker for lrm boat?

the bullshark variant with 4 missile slots is it better than the highlander it is 5 ton heavier but does it have more free tons for weapons and armor etc?
I dont really need spd and armor but more is ofc better.

ok thx I got warning from a mod for writing to many questions, ill stop now thx for all the help.
As a moderator, I can say that I don't see any issues with the questions you've been asking. Feel free to ask for help.

However, I will say that publicly discussing moderation action is against the Code of Conduct, so consider this a friendly warning not to mention moderation action in public again. Direct messages are the best way to discuss that sort of thing.

The Bullshark-M3, the one with four missile hardpoints, doesn't have double internal heatsinks. It has more free tonnage though and I agree it is no doubt the best mech for LRM boat purposes.
I agree completely. :bow:

But I then immediately ask myself, “What is the opportunity cost of using my Bullshark as a Missile Boat… instead of an auto-cannon Tank or large laser Headhunter?

• 1Like
Reactions:
I agree completely. :bow:

But I then immediately ask myself, “What is the opportunity cost of using my Bullshark as a Missile Boat… instead of an auto-cannon Tank or large laser Headhunter?
It mostly depends on what else you have but one thing must be considered: the M3 is the best chassis for LRM boat purposes but there are several SLDF chassis (3R/2R, 7A, 1B, BLKB, A-II) that are better than the M3 for roles other than boating LRMs. If you have at least one of these mechs then I'd take the M3 as LRM boat.

The Bullshark-M3, the one with four missile hardpoints, doesn't have double internal heatsinks. It has more free tonnage though and I agree it is no doubt the best mech for LRM boat purposes.
So, today I got the 8th piece for an M3 and tried it. Very nice! I'm running it with 2 LRM15 (+2 dam), 2 LRM10 (+2 dam), 6 tons of ammo, 4 ML (+10 dam) for if/when I run out of ammo and to occasionally up the damage at close range. 10 heat sinks, 2 DHS, jump jets (I never build walk3 mechs without jj), +4 Dalban Comm System and +3 hit defense gyro.

The only problem is that it's .81 tons light, so every time I take it out I have to assure the XO that I'm serious about wanting to use it. :rolleyes:

• 1Haha
Reactions:
So, today I got the 8th piece for an M3 and tried it. Very nice! I'm running it with 2 LRM15 (+2 dam), 2 LRM10 (+2 dam), 6 tons of ammo, 4 ML (+10 dam) for if/when I run out of ammo and to occasionally up the damage at close range. 10 heat sinks, 2 DHS, jump jets (I never build walk3 mechs without jj), +4 Dalban Comm System and +3 hit defense gyro.
IMO the MLs are a mistake, much better to add another JJ and then make sure you never enter close range (thanks to the JJs) so you can get away with less armor. Also not enough damage for an assault LRM boat. In my view you'd want at least 70+ tubes, so you can reliably one-shot any vehicle with indirect fire, including Demolishers.

This would be my go-to LRM boat for the endgame and this is with a slightly modified variant (less damage but more ammo) for what in my experience is the hardest mission of the game (Jungle Target Acquisition).

"…much better to add another JJ…" — I was under the impression that walk3 mechs can't have more than 3 jump jets. If they can I'll delete 2 ML and 15 points of rear armor to add a fourth.

I found it difficult to understand the spreadsheet for your 'go-to LRM boat'. Does it really have those three autocannons?

• 1Like
Reactions:
"…much better to add another JJ…" — I was under the impression that walk3 mechs can't have more than 3 jump jets.
My mistake. I did misread it as having two JJs. The maximum amount for the M3 is three JJs.

I found it difficult to understand the spreadsheet for your 'go-to LRM boat'. Does it really have those three autocannons?
No. Items in orange, no defined quantity and heat/dmg/stb/weight in parenthesis are not present in the loadout, you can ignore them. You also can see how their weight/heat is not added and they don't show elsewhere.