• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Blaster said:
Are you also going to remake the walls?

PS:nice work so far..

Im planning to remake walls level 3 and 4 (level 3 is the one in the Chinese screenshots). But I need everybody's opinion- there is 3 possible AoE sets than I can use for this, I don't know wich one is the best.

bippe5.png

You may choose between the blue, red and green sets. I added castles as they have some architectural elements I may use in those new walls.

I'd choose the blue set of walls. If you're going to add also a castle, then I suggest the one from the orange set, or take the one from blue set for lower level and from the orange for higher level. ;)

EDIT:
May I ask you how are you making screenshots from AoE?
I have AoE1 and you inspired me to make similar exchange of buildings for RU. However, when I take a screen (by PrintScreen button) and past it to Paintbrush, it displays just as black rectangle. How are done screenshots in AoE2?

Last edited:
KaRei said:
I'd choose the blue set of walls. If you're going to add also a castle, then I suggest the one from the orange set, or take the one from blue set for lower level and from the orange for higher level. ;)

EDIT:
May I ask you how are you making screenshots from AoE?
I have AoE1 and you inspired me to make similar exchange of buildings for RU. However, when I take a screen (by PrintScreen button) and past it to Paintbrush, it displays just as black rectangle. How are done screenshots in AoE2?

Screenshots in AoE2 are also displaying wrong thing when using the usual print screen/past method. However for AoE2 each time you press print screen a screenshot apear in a folder called 'screenshot'. Maybe it work the same way for AoE1.

Its has been a 'long' time since I posted updates here but I have something major now.

The muslim set is 3/4 finished! :)

Im very proud of the Mosques, they turned out better than I'd had ever expected.

I tried to gave them an 'Ottoman' style since the Ottoman Empire is probably the most played Muslim nation. The smaller mosques look like what can be found in some cities of the Balkans... I have tried to keep the same style (I have put the old set so you can compare)

Old:
churchmo0.png

New:
churchvj9.png

mayorrp6.png

Mayor/Governor

house1yg2.png

house2gq1.png

Houses

The new masjids looks nice. ;)
I have only one criticism to the prayer towers. They are disproportional. You placed the walkway on the towers too low, making the top section and the roof too high (large) compared to the overall size of the tower. Proportions on vanilla prayer towers was correct. ;)

KaRei said:
The new masjids looks nice. ;)
I have only one criticism to the prayer towers. They are disproportional. You placed the walkway on the towers too low, making the top section and the roof too high (large) compared to the overall size of the tower. Proportions on vanilla prayer towers was correct. ;)

Hum, you are right...

But unfortunatly as I spended much time on them and I don't see any way of fixing them witout having to remake 80% of them I'll let them the way they are.

---

I found a way to make an Indian set! The mud constructions are going to be turned into shiny marble buildings.

bipmx2.png

Some houses and a baillif.

However thoses are not from AoE2 but from another game (Rise of Nations).

On the Muslim buildings, is it possible to make some visual distinction between mayor and governor? I like to be able to tell at a glance which one I have, and size isn't the easiest thing to see. :)

There is a few marches in the governor building.. but I agree than the diference is small, maybe I'll add a small annex and/or a fountain to the governor palace.

General_Grant said:
There is a few marches in the governor building.. but I agree than the diference is small, maybe I'll add a small annex and/or a fountain to the governor palace.
Yeah, that's what I was thinking, like how the Latin governor gets a better roof and an extra window on it.

General_Grant said:
churchvj9.png

But unfortunatly as I spended much time on them and I don't see any way of fixing them witout having to remake 80% of them I'll let them the way they are.
I used just copy-paste and resize in Paintbrush, which took just 4 minutes to complete the tower before I went on bus to work :)
Use this if you want ;)

churchvj9zm1.png

EDIT:
Nice hindu buildings. :cool:

Thanks KaRei for having fixed it... I prefer your version and will add it instad of mine.

cool-toxic: I could upload all my work right now. But I don't know what is the best thing to do.

Complete list of what I did:

Latin:
-completly reworked the houses
-reworked the two larger churches

...the rest was let in a vanilla style however I'm thinking of reworking the level 2 buildings (tax collector/juge/governor) in a Versaillesque baroque style, since those buildings (exeption of the tax collector) can only be reached in the late 1500's. Im not sure about it and need opinions.

Muslim:
-Completly reworked everything, exception of the smaller moosques since they are not that impotant and colonisation is rare with Muslim nations.
-I need to finish reworking Baillif/Tax collector and Mayor/Governor because those buildings are too similar each others.

Chinese:
-Completly reworked everything exept the temples. I think they are fine for now.

Hindu:
-The houses are made.
-the rest is in progress, however I don't want to release this set before its completly finished as there is a too important difference between my Hindu buildings and the normal ones.

cool-toxic: What do you exactly mean by off-frame?

This is what I get with them:
bipto6.png

If the problem is only than the top of two towers are hiden behind the shield well its not a big problem.

Blaster: They'll come in due time. ;)

I have the possibility to make an Aztec set but you understand that its not my priority. Its not a very played type of country and the original building set is, in my humble opinion, far more decent than the normal Hindu one, for exemple.

I decided than I'd release version 0.1 when the Hindu set will be finished. its 40% made right now.

General_Grant >> Something I wanted to suggest, but forgot about it. ^__^;
Try your Hindu buildings on the looted terrain. This terrain is much darker than others and shining buildings are sometimes eyesore on that terrain and doesn't look good. I wasn't trying your hindu set yet, but this terrain was causing me troubles with my RU buildings and that's also one of major reasons why I'm trying to rework them completely now.
Maybe you'll need make your hindu buildings a bit darker. ;)

Hindu buildings are finished:

bipkp6.png

The juge building is a bit big, I'll eventually remake it a day.