• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

General_Grant

Field Marshal
75 Badges
Jan 13, 2007
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For The Glory
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Victoria 2
Hello,

Im quite new to EU2, and im loving the game. Thoses than said it was a very good game didnt lied, I think I prefer it over EU3.

However, some of the graphics looked a little bit too 'cartoonish' to my taste, and I think there is the potential for more. I have little experience in Graphic modding, and don't even have photoshop, but I found a good and simple way to refresh a specifical part of EU2's graphics.

I took a few screenshots of my old Age of Empire 2, copy/pasted some parts of building over EU2 files and made a 'test house'. I also changed the aspect of the road. Im pleased by the results:

projectvy2.png

Of course there is only 1 house changed but there is the potential for more. Age of Empire 2 don't lack magnificient cathedrals and have building sets than fit with almost all of EU2's ones, exept for African and Hindu buildings (and maybe Russian churches).

I made only this house for now but it took me only a few minutes. Is there any interest in this (I don't need help, but maybe comments)? If there I'll be pleased to continue and share my work with all the EU2 players once its done. I plan to build the Latin set first, then Muslim, Chinese, maybe Mesoamerican...

If there is interest I think I can release a Latin set within a month. :)

The church looks cool but when you place such huge buildings, you have to change the whole look of the city. It looks just strange to see an impressive church in a city that looks like a village.

BTW: Are you only using AoE?

chefkoch said:
The church looks cool but when you place such huge buildings, you have to change the whole look of the city. It looks just strange to see an impressive church in a city that looks like a village.

BTW: Are you only using AoE?

Well, this is the 2nd biggest cathedral and its for big cities so its not a problem. I try to keep a similar style for each building, you can compare:

bipgh7.png

And yes im only using AoH and Paint, this is almost hand-made.

I have decided that I will not remake every building. I think than the original smaller churches are correct for small and medium cities. I don't think I'll include this one for exemple:

bipag3.png

Originals are fine.

I also tried something with the Muslim building set. This is a bailif, and under a tax collector:

bipey1.png

Of course it looks weird with all the other buildings being in the old style. I think having changed the houses and the two bigger churches for the latin branch is going to be enough, the rest is very neutral anyway. The Muslim set is however too cartonish and I have the embition to change it all. :)

Last edited:
I think all the work that has been posted here beats that of EU2. Please make more.

(PS, the churches are awesome!) ;)

Im not giving up, I did little during the week-end but this is my little preview for the new Chinese set:

biptq5.png

The two buildings in the back look dark but thats because they cannot be upgraded yet because of the tech level.

Those big chinese houses are awesome!

Hello everyone,

this is today update:

biptf4.png

The chinese set is almost finished, only the temples remains to be made.