• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Come on, Radicals! Pull together! All we need is a few more votes and victory will be ours!

You radicle are what started this! It wasn't our glorius king you republanist nut! For King and County I say! Those how sopport the whigs and radicle are enimes of Britian! If it wasn't your revalution, we would still be a glorius empire! We were going to beet the indians rebels! We were at the top of the world! Then you brout our down fall! We lost: Ireland, india, Australia, our carabian hodings and Canada! You ruined the concert of Europe you animals! FOR KING AND COUNTY!!!!

You radicle are what started this! It wasn't our glorius king you republanist nut! For King and County I say! Those how sopport the whigs and radicle are enimes of Britian! If it wasn't your revalution, we would still be a glorius empire! We were going to beet the indians rebels! We were at the top of the world! Then you brout our down fall! We lost: Ireland, india, Australia, our carabian hodings and Canada! You ruined the concert of Europe you animals! FOR KING AND COUNTY!!!!

A glorious empire? You call a country where children, children, are forced to work like slaves, where rich men grow richer of his factory's profits, leaving his workers to starve to death in the stink and squalor of London's slums, where orphans are sent to the hellish workhouse, where peaceful protestors are massacred by the Army that is supposed to protect them and their country, where laws are delibrately passed to drive the price of corn up, a glorious empire! If that is the british Empire, then I say this!
Imperii Britannici delenda est!

OOC: Stop saying King and Country, it was said by crusty old conservative dukes just before they charged in to battle a couple of decades before this timeframe.

Last edited:
The conservatives must win!

Hell, now you'll see our problems: In Israel there was never a majority. The greatest party in its best times had 44 of the 120 seats. And that was in the 50's. Now the biggest party has 28. And it's not the ruling party, lol.

Hell, now you'll see our problems: In Israel there was never a majority. The greatest party in its best times had 44 of the 120 seats. And that was in the 50's. Now the biggest party has 28. And it's not the ruling party, lol.

What's bad about that?

What's bad about that?

Well, there are positives and negatives to a situation in which there are many smaller parties. On one hand it creates a much greater expression of the actual ideals of the voters - thus making it a fuller democratic system. On the other hand it is much less stable. So there are good points and bad.

Anyways, one last poll before the election closes in 24 hours and 30 mins ;)

Tories: 14
Whigs: 13
Radicals: 10

The Whigs briefly pulled ahead but those last two tory votes have put the Conservatives back into the lead as the single largest party. We currently have 36 votes in all - push onward to 40! :D

Tories: 189
Whigs: 176
Radicalis: 135

A Vote for the Tory's please...

...we cannot go the way of radicalism and Republic...for that is to follow the French!

You won my vote! Tory all the way!

Attack77 -- nice concept for an AAR, I am an eager follower and can't wait to see the ramifications of your style in actual gameplay!

Interesting concept. I'll have to vote Tory, if only because Wellington Boots are useful, and I very much dislike Earl Grey tea. I'm also curious to see who will be on the shortlist of monarchs.

They have to pander to the more extreme to form a government which are the sources of some of the bad decisions they made, like the settlements.

On the contrary, the extremists are forced to compromise and cannot get their full program through.
While there are two sides to the issue, the fact that most of Europe has proportional representational which hardly ever results in a majority are doing infinitely better than Britain with it's near constant majorities suggests somethings amiss.

...we cannot go the way of radicalism and Republic...for that is to follow the French!

France has never been a republic.

TheExecuter

I am disappointed to see that so many people hold in their minds the concept that we Whigs are in anyway radical, or related to the Radical party. We are, in fact, the proposers of a compromise between the extremist views of both the Radicals and the Tories. We choose not to elect a king for this reason:

If we elect a king to rule over us, and his rule is hereditary in nature, than we are also choosing who will rule over our children, as well as our children's children, and all of our posterity for eternity. What a great injustice that is! Although the man that we elect to the throne might be a benign and enlightened despot, who is to say that his children will be?

On the flip side, eliminating all of our factories is most certainly not the best way to run an economy! I do not see the country of Burma prospering! Is it not the best to have both the rich and the poor, and not simply the poor? But, of course, the rich must earn their money, and not gain it simply by being part of a noble bloodline that they are not worthy to have!

And, to thoroughly discredit the cited quote, I shall combat it with a quote of my own " We always have been, we are, and I hope that we always shall be, detested in France. "

Status
Not open for further replies.