Bugs? with the Maintenance Depot and People are Starving (3000x Food on Stock)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

DerMatzeBLN

Recruit
22 Badges
Dec 15, 2020
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Island Bound
  • Prison Architect: Psych Ward
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall - Revelations
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Season pass
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Premium edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Deluxe edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Prison Architect
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Surviving Mars
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Stellaris
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
Hello there,

at first - its a little bit sad, that there is only a english forum - anyway lets do this:

At First its a nice Game, but i played it now for 25h and there is nothin more to do. I thoughed there would be more Story or Technology or whatever.

But the importent Thing ist:

Why are People starving when i have more then 3000 mixed Meals in Stock?
Why does the Maintenance Depot not working at all - they do not decontamine any Building or do something else - i need to do that manual and - lets be honest - ist just pain in the ***.

TAre there any Solutions around?

And last Question- will be there a Radio Station or somethin to "Call Out" for new Colonists?

Thank you ;D

First, centralize your storage facilities. As in, as you plan your colony-building, aim to have all storage facilities, including the campsite, be in the center of the colony. In any case, in my experience, some Colonists just Starve - until they get something to eat. Make sure there is no malnutrition - meat meals seem to work fine for me.

Second, make sure the Maintenance Depot is staffed - decon tasks are automatically done if a building is roughly 35% contaminated, but only if the building needing decon is in the radius of the depot. Repair tasks are done automatically in this way too, but the resources do need to be gathered first. I should note you CAN move the work area of the depot like you can for Trappers, Scrappers, and any other building with a work area which you can move.

Last, no. It is complete RNG (random number generation) whether Colonists show up in one form or another after the Gate is built.

I do hope the staff come up with a radio that has a disc jockey, though. It's about that time they should implement new radio stations. Maybe having a radio to call for Colonists will be a randomly generated event in the future too.

The last time someone reported this it turned out they had no carriers at all. How many do you have, for what size colony?