• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
If I remember correctly, that problem is caused by missing out one of the steps in the installation procedure. Unfortunately I don't think we ever worked out exactly which step... :(

Did you:
Install to a clean HoI installation (with no other mods installed)?
Apply the no-time limit patch?
Delete all the files and directories listed in the installation instructions before installing TGW?
Make sure the shortcut to TGW is pointing to the correct 'Target' .exe file and 'Start In' directory?

I'm guessing it's one of the last two points that's causing the problem. Let us know how you get on.

A quick check of text.csv shows that Romania's country description and all her events spell the name with an 'o' - it's only the country tag itself that's spelled 'u'.

In actual fact, inconsistent spelling of the country's name is historically accurate. :) some contemporary documents spell it 'Roumania', others 'Rumania', and yet others 'Romania'...

EVT_21021_NAME;Oil from Romania;;;;;;;;;;X
EVT_21021_DESC;Despite their close and friendly ties to Germany, the Romanian government has refused to join us in our war against the Entente. Perhaps to salve their consciences, they have at least agreed to sell us a large shipment of oil at favourable rates.;;;;;;;;;;X

EVT_21022_NAME;Oil from Romania;;;;;;;;;;X
EVT_21022_DESC;Another shipment of oil has arrived from Romania.;;;;;;;;;;X

the above sre not a rUmanian eventshey are german ones, you didnt do the search in the text file very lwell, did you lol ;) only joking

as for the spelling through out history the rest of the beat uses the U spelling so all should be spelt with a U (wonder what allenby has to say on the topic, would he change it ?)

Did we finally weed out the "Unknown Event" bug? I haven't been around lately and barely just have enough time to play the game some.

General_Smith said:
Did we finally weed out the "Unknown Event" bug? I haven't been around lately and barely just have enough time to play the game some.

If you're referring to that box appearing saying the words 'UNKNOWN STRING WANTED' about twelve times, then yes we have, fortunately. :)

Allenby said:
If you're referring to that box appearing saying the words 'UNKNOWN STRING WANTED' about twelve times, then yes we have, fortunately. :)

Yep, that'd be the little bugger I am talking about. Sheesh that got annoying, especially once the air war picked up in the later stages of the war. :)

General_Smith said:
Yep, that'd be the little bugger I am talking about. Sheesh that got annoying, especially once the air war picked up in the later stages of the war. :)

If you are still having problems with the issue then I can send you my text file for you to use; or alternatively, you could go to 'Message Settings' and switch off the warning that your units are being attacked from the air.

No, its gone. :) I like this release much better. Good work, Allenby and team.

I installed TGW 1.05 from the website on a clean HOI 1.06c but when I start a campaign I keep getting a lot of "Data Mismatch (type=6/id XXXX) already used!" error messages.

I looked into the files and it seems a lot of ids (4X, 80XX to name a few) are used for both events and techs.

Is that a bug?

Download and install TGW 1.0 and the little updates, they are the latest (and last) versions of TGW.
Did you strictly follow the installation instructions?

Yes but for example the id 8001 is used for both a gas tech and a bulgarian event.

I also tried installing the 1.0 version from this forum (kinda weird that the 1.0 is more recent than the 1.05 :wacko: )

Last edited:
Actually, 1.05 = 0.5 version...
As HoI2 went out, they finished the mod and gave it this final figure.
Did you made it on a clean install, and after deleting the files the instructions ask you to delete?

Yes
The problem comes from the files of the mod
For example
In bulgaria.txt:
##########################
# BULGARIA #
##########################

# Join the Central Powers?

event = {
country = BUL
id = 8001

In nuclear_tech.txt:
application = { # Modern Chemical Research
id = 8001
name = TECH_APP_NUCLEAR_1_1_NAME
desc = TECH_APP_NUCLEAR_1_1_DESC

required = { 4002 }
chance = 90
cost = 12
time = 160
neg_offset = 30
pos_offset = 60

effects = {
command = { }
}

}

The "Britain Surrenders" events don't seem to fire. I started the war late, as Germany. I conquered France, then turned against Russia, once Russia fell, France surrendered. Then I invaded England, and have occupied London, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Manchester, and Sheffield as the event says... But, it hasn't triggered.

Did you try to save, then reload?
I don't often play Germany, and when I do so, I choose to go for Russia first... so I don't know very well how "Britain surrender" works. Are you sure you only need those cities?
Are the USA at war?

I thought that the british surrender events were made unable to fire, as Allenby and StephenT, as true british patriots descided that the thought of their beloved country negotiating peace with the dastardly hunn was incomprehensible.

Zuckergußgebäck said:
I thought that the british surrender events were made unable to fire, as Allenby and StephenT, as true british patriots descided that the thought of their beloved country negotiating peace with the dastardly hunn was incomprehensible.

Are you for real about that?

No, I had already crushed Russia, crushed France, and Italy. I saved and reloaded three or four times.

I even went into the file and those are the cities it said you had to take. I took them, no event firing...?