• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(11486)

The Ancient Mariner
Oct 31, 2002
Visit site
Bugs

Do not post in this thread

The following are the known bugs currently in TGW.

WAD = Working as Designed
Fixed = The problem has been fixed.
Fixed in X.XX = The problem has been fixed as of the specified version.

Very fast tech speeds - Fixed
Missing tech descriptors -
Lack of VPs -
Lack of starting resources -
Ministers/Leaders not appearing -
Sanusian war problems - Fixed
No Infrastructure in Sanusia - WAD - should be increased a little
Russia not in Entente - Temporary Fix
Cannot load saves - Fixed in 1.01b?
Battles too quick -
Missing AIs -
Duplicate Heavy aircraft IDs -
Duplicate German event IDs - Fixed
Duplicate French event IDs -
Duplicate 1915war event IDs - Fixed
Lack of starting techs -
Immediate French defeat - Fixed
8 May 1915 Freeze - Fixed in 1.01b - (related to the [offset = 0] problem)
Aircraft construction freeze -
Models.csv missing -
Mexican Revolution problems -
No Swedish ministers -
Fortified Infantry becomes Motorized when moving - WAD
Cannot scroll down on heavier-than-air tech -
India, Egypt, Ireland not revolters - Fixed
AH, Serbia colors wrong -
Jebel Shammar Nejd puppet - Fixed
Oman not British puppet - Fixed
Provinces 542-543 and 554-555 forts - Fixed
Russian-Japanese claims - Fixed
Ottoman-Hejaz and -Nejd claims - Fixed
Manpower -
ICs -
Chinese OOB - Fixed
Chinese-Mongolia, -Tibet and -Nepal claims - Fixed
Errors with Liberty ships/British Merchantmen evets for US -
CTDs -
Missing Techtype bars - Fixed
evt_1005r_NAME missing text -
Lack of /db/units folder -
British convoys only 1-way - WAD

Please do not post in this thread. If you find a bug, please describe it, and which version of the game and Mod you are running, and post it in this other thread.

Steele

Last edited:
There is still that bug that cannot load save games . Sorry that i posted here becose that thread is locked .

i dont know its me or everyone has problems i ve downloaded latest Great war mod and have TONS of bugs in research especially..pics for techs are mostly incorrect..and most of the techs dont effect anything also dont make proceed into others..and i need to know what 'extra' (X7 or 8) means in the end of researchs.. they dont effect anything again.. researchs are spending too less ic and time like 1ic 14 days...and new models coming from researches dont work on...

also my game has started at 1935 ..countries ai 's have problems i guess becouse i was playin with ottoman and my tech levels were much more better than them..

anyway i hope the next one will be more playable...thanks so much for dealin with that...

Don't expect a real, playable game for a while. It is still in the beta stage, after all. ;)

No offense guys, and thanks for the feedback, but please don't post here, and if you absolutely must, please try to limit it to reporting un-listed bugs.

Thanks again, and sorry.

Steele

Independence giving bugs are well known.

Sadly we have no idea how to address this. Certain countries can grant it, others doing so will crash the game.

For now, your best bet is to place a # in front of every line of code that gives independence.

Off the top of my head - British Home Rule events, German/Austrian create puppet events, defeat events. For stability reasons you may want to remove defeat.txt from your db/events folder for now.

And I shouldnt be posting here.

The whole TGW cannot run together with HoI...
If you play a standard HoI, a lot of the game is comletly like TGW! All units are TGW figures!
And also you cannot open an old save game!
And then there is this stupid error message that comes up when starting a new game...
so... Crappy crappy! ;)

I didn't actually read the readme file released with 1.02b nor mod-dir, but I'm assuming that it was made clear that installing that version according to the directions given would disable regular HOI.

As for the error message, is that when starting a new game of TGW or when starting a new game of regular HOI? The problems when starting TGW games are known and (I think) people are working to issue a fix.

Unexplained crash

1914-06-27 : 0:00 July 28, 1914 : Germany went with Russia must be defeated first. in The Schlieffen Plan.1914-07-02 : 0:00 August 3, 1914 : Rumania went with Remain neutral. in Join the Central Powers?.1914-07-03 : 0:00 August 4, 1914 : Austria-Hungary annexed Montenegro.1914-07-03 : 0:00 August 4, 1914 : Denmark have been hardly influenced by Germany.1914-07-04 : 0:00 August 5, 1914 : British Empire went with Grant Home Rule to Ireland. in The Third Home Rule Bill.1914-07-04 : 0:00 August 5, 1914 : The people of Ireland declared independence from British Empire.

Was playing as Turkey. Everything was fine up to Irish declaration of independence 5 Aug 14.

Playtested as Britain but it went fine. It crashed again when I tried it with Turkey.

So far so good though. I do like what you've done with it.

BTW... Denmark own the Virgin Islands, st. Croix, st. Jan(john) and st. Thomas, until they sold them to USA in 1917!!!

Richmond516 said:
Was playing as Turkey. Everything was fine up to Irish declaration of independence 5 Aug 14.

Playtested as Britain but it went fine. It crashed again when I tried it with Turkey.

A known problem - now with a known solution :)

Richmond516 said:
So far so good though. I do like what you've done with it.

Thank you sir!

Northern Viking said:
BTW... Denmark own the Virgin Islands, st. Croix, st. Jan(john) and st. Thomas, until they sold them to USA in 1917!!!

Virgin Islands aren't in HOI. :)

August 4th, 1914

On August 4th, 1914, at about 21:00, my game as the Russian empire keeps crashing. Perhaps it is unique to this particular session (I have not restarted the game and wait for that date yet) but because the game kept crashing at that point after 4 saves, I figured it was worth noting as a bug.

Should be the same reason. You probably just got lucky with the Italian game, Home Rule must have been refused.

If you look in one of the other 1.02b threads, ptan54 posted a link for a corrected file.