• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I have deleted the CK2 directory in my documents. Launched the game (to create a new one, completely clean). Turned it off.
Installed two modifications - SK2 + and Cleanslate. Both latest versions from July 26 from Steam. The check 3.3.4 NPSX amount matches.

Opened the game. Pressed to select "Old Gods" and opened the map for free choice of any ruler. DID NOT START THE GAME. Closed.

Look at the error file:

Attachments

• error.log
    33,3 KB · Views: 0
Reactions:
Hello, I am reporting that the Exalted Among Men ambition cancels itself after a few days.

Also, is the Tyranny system broken? After my character died with 6 points, his heir got the tyranny points increased, and so on. My last character had 28.5 tyranny and his heir is now 50. And they did not decrease after 5 years as said by the description of the Tyrant trait.

Reactions:
I noticed that the Kingdom of Frisia is called Holland, and continental Saxon culture is called Anglo-Saxon, resulting in two Anglo-Saxon cultures - that of England, and that of the main land. The game also crashes when I try to search for a title using the search function. I'm using the latest download, with just the mod and cleanslate active.

ck2_1.png

dat prestige tho

ck2_3.png

poor abdicated guy not spared :(

ck2_4.png

that is a lot of negative modifiers

ck2_5.png

20 hypastos lol xD

• 1Haha
Reactions:
The game kinda freezes/stops and starts on specific intervals (for instance, on the second day of each month, or in regular intervals set some months apart); it seems to be some event or event chain firing which seems to take a lot of power to compute or somesuch. Is there a way to access an event log or register, which says what happens on each in-game day? That way I might at least know what it is.

Other than this issue, mod is pretty great; enough new stuff that it is refreshing, without redundancies and needless content. Kudos on faction system and ambitions in particular.

EDIT: Disregard this; whatever it was, it got fixed in the bugfixing release from Github. Dunno if it was caused by CK2+ or CleanSlate, but it's gone.

Last edited:
I've discovered that the game crashes to desktop if I type "a" in the search title menu as the first letter. Other letters did not cause crashes, but I didn't try every letter.

I'm playing the steam version, as the count of the one hellenic province in the Peloponnese in the 769 start date, first day.

Major De Jure empire bug - When starting a new game at the 1066 mark, sometimes there will be only be the HRE and ERE de jure empires, but sometimes there will also be a de jure Russian empire. This seems to be random. After loading a save, ALL the vanilla de jure empires will always be there when they weren't there before.

1066 start, Nestorian duke on island of Socotra. When seducing a character, the seduction target's opinion fluctuated a lot due to a long rein +80 modifier appearing and disappearing several times. After succession, my heir also had this problem. After a few years, the issue disappeared and hasn't recurred. I don't know if seduction was causing this or if it just made me notice the problem since I was checking the seduction target's opinion of me a lot.

Minor inconsistency - Zoroastrian-specific festival found in Intrigue tab called Jashan-e Sadah requires that it be September or October to select whereas all other festivals have had their month requirements removed.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Going to update this comment with any bugs I find as I play. I am also wondering if posting these to the Github would be better than posting here? It's easier to post here but maybe the mod devs check the Github more often?

1. Not sure if this is bug or intended behavior - can't press de jure Kingdom claim on county, even at Medium crown authority - you can see this at the 1066 Harold Godwinson start. Also, can't press own ducal de jure claims or those of my vassals. This was mentioned in another thread but wanted to put it in the bug thread.

2. Another one where I'm not sure where the line is between bug and intended behavior but I'm sure something is wrong. When using the change councilor decision to shift a councilor from one position to another, you get the negative opinion modifier from one of the councilors whose position is switched and not the other. Also, if you shift him to the 'advisor' role, he gets the negative opinion modifier. If your designated regent is on the council and becomes regent by underage succession, he gets the negative opinion modifier because he has moved from a normal councilor to the regent position on the council. Also, a character with the negative councilor opinion modifiers cannot be given a position on the council.

3. As independant King of England, Godwin dynasty, I can go to war with the HRE on the basis of 'Carolingian Reconquest.' I assume that I should not be eligible based on the flavor text and name of the casus belli.

4. I am able to press a vassal's weak claim when the claim target shouldn't be valid - he's an adult male, not in regency, does not have the uncrowned trait and the claimant is not in the line of succession.

Last edited:
Thank you for your bug reports. Some of these were fixed a while age, but haven't yet made available in a general update. That will soon change.

Major De Jure empire bug - When starting a new game at the 1066 mark, sometimes there will be only be the HRE and ERE de jure empires, but sometimes there will also be a de jure Russian empire. This seems to be random. After loading a save, ALL the vanilla de jure empires will always be there when they weren't there before.

This one is already fixed. Do note that the game rule has changed a bit since the last stable release. The new one only removes de jure empires if it has no holder and no claimants.

1066 start, Nestorian duke on island of Socotra. When seducing a character, the seduction target's opinion fluctuated a lot due to a long rein +80 modifier appearing and disappearing several times. After succession, my heir also had this problem. After a few years, the issue disappeared and hasn't recurred. I don't know if seduction was causing this or if it just made me notice the problem since I was checking the seduction target's opinion of me a lot.

The long reign modifier is hardcoded, as far as I know, and I doubt seduction was in any way related. If you can provide a save game which can readily display this fluctuation, I'll see what I can find out.

Minor inconsistency - Zoroastrian-specific festival found in Intrigue tab called Jashan-e Sadah requires that it be September or October to select whereas all other festivals have had their month requirements removed.

Looks like an oversight, I'll fix it for the upcoming update.

Going to update this comment with any bugs I find as I play. I am also wondering if posting these to the Github would be better than posting here? It's easier to post here but maybe the mod devs check the Github more often?

I generally check here daily, so where you leave your findings is entirely up to you.

1. Not sure if this is bug or intended behavior - can't press de jure Kingdom claim on county, even at Medium crown authority - you can see this at the 1066 Harold Godwinson start. Also, can't press own ducal de jure claims or those of my vassals. This was mentioned in another thread but wanted to put it in the bug thread.

I've got an idea what's going on here and you're not the only one to notice this. I'll see if I can fix it for the next update.

2. Another one where I'm not sure where the line is between bug and intended behavior but I'm sure something is wrong. When using the change councilor decision to shift a councilor from one position to another, you get the negative opinion modifier from one of the councilors whose position is switched and not the other. Also, if you shift him to the 'advisor' role, he gets the negative opinion modifier. If your designated regent is on the council and becomes regent by underage succession, he gets the negative opinion modifier because he has moved from a normal councilor to the regent position on the council. Also, a character with the negative councilor opinion modifiers cannot be given a position on the council.

I'll look into it, thanks for reporting it.

3. As independant King of England, Godwin dynasty, I can go to war with the HRE on the basis of 'Carolingian Reconquest.' I assume that I should not be eligible based on the flavor text and name of the casus belli.

You're probably right on this one. I'll look into it.

4. I am able to press a vassal's weak claim when the claim target shouldn't be valid - he's an adult male, not in regency, does not have the uncrowned trait and the claimant is not in the line of succession.

Not the first time this was reported, I'll look into it.

Unfortunately I don't have a save of the long reign bug, sorry. Thanks for looking into my findings. More bugs:

1. If you press the claim of a vassal who is a councilor, he will be kicked off the council and given the recently fired opinion modifiers. I noticed that in the 'make peace' menu it says that "[Your name] will become [vassal name]'s new liege," which might be why this happens.
EDIT: On a related note, if you press the claim of a vassal's vassal, on conclusion of the war he will break out of his sub-vassalege and you will be his direct liege. This seems like unintended behavior.

2. In the flavor text for the 'Crowned by the Pope' trait, it says that you are "Officially recognized" as the Holy Roman Emperor. However, any Catholic king can be crowned by the Pope. Either the flavor text is wrong or the coronation event choice ought to be limited to the HRE?

3. When you get an event from swaying a character, the opinion number listed in the event and the opinion modifier actually applied often do not match.

4. I had my crowned by the pope trait dusappear, and I'm not sure why. I'll tell the story in case it has any clues: Was playing as Duke William of Normandy. After winning the war I was crowned by the pope and the former king Harold Godwin became my subject as count of Devon. He also kept his 'crowned' trait. He was soon excomunicated and I took the opportunity to imprison him. Arrest failed and he declared war. I immediately lost my crowned trait. I wonder if it is because crowned Harold became independent temporarily due to the war between us, and our mutual crowned traits were somehow in conflict?

5. Another thing about crowns: On start, all the of-age Christian kings have the (Vanilla?) Crowned trait rather than one of the specific 'Crowned by bishop/archbishop/pope' traits. Seems like a minor oversight?

6. Balance thing: having played about 10 games from the 1066 start in the past month, with only one exception the moral authority of Catholicism is tanked to 30 or less in the first 50 years of the game, causing a chain reaction where the MA can't recover due to rebel heretic victories and rulers led astray. This is largely due to a huge negative MA from 'lost reconquest wars' which I have seen as high as -80 and and never lower than -30 by 1100.

7. In vassal obligations laws, Low Burgher obligations provide the exact same benefits as Harsh burgher obligations, but without the opinion malus. If ypu were to follow the pattern established by the other obligations laws, Medium and High burgher obligations are also wrong.

8. The decision to donate the the Hospitallers is called "donate_to_hospitallers_decision" or something like that.

9. William the Bastard's unique decision to enact primogenture in England after winning the war gives him -20,000 prestige - quite the loss. It seems like this could be intended behavior to make his vassals mad at him, but it's pretty of clunky. Or perhaps it's meant to give -2,000 prestige to be equivalent to a normal Primo law change.

10. There are several Chalcedonian bishops in England in 1066. After they die, their replacements are Catholic, so it's not a huge deal...

11. 'Groom Your Heir' Ambition won't cancel if your only son dies.

12. After a child ruler was deposed by a faction, she kept her Uncrowned trait despite now being unlanded.

Last edited:
I have a crash that happens on a certain date and it's reproduceable. Would a save or error log or something else be of use? Assuming it's a problem with this mod, I'm using only cleanslate & CK2+. it was preceded by about a year or so by a choppy slowdown of the game.

I have a crash that happens on a certain date and it's reproduceable. Would a save or error log or something else be of use? Assuming it's a problem with this mod, I'm using only cleanslate & CK2+. it was preceded by about a year or so by a choppy slowdown of the game.
A savegame would be the most useful.

Why the char always stays in hiding when someone is plotting to kill him but you cant cancel the hiding action? I can't do alot of thing while Im hiding for minor reason is that normal?

Viceroyalty system doesn't seem to be working. As ERE I am just inheriting themes with no choice to grant them back as anything other than a duchy.

20211106132618_1.jpg

20211106132644_1.jpg

After manually granting the title.

I'm new to the mod so I hope this isn't just a massive oversight on my part, cheers.

Bug Report

When a vassal priest dies, his replacement has feudal government instead of Theocracy government.
This only happens with vassal barons and not with count tier or above.

Holy Wars do not give moral authority to the victor, they only remove it for the loser. Happens with all religions.
More specifically it gives MA to "noreligion".

Already existing vassal merchant republics will have their new houses be created under Top Liege government instead of Merchant Republic.
2021-12-01.png

Last edited:
Why the char always stays in hiding when someone is plotting to kill him but you cant cancel the hiding action? I can't do alot of thing while Im hiding for minor reason is that normal?
Seconded. There seems to be something wrong with the Paranoid-related event about 'rumors have reached you that people are plotting to kill you.' On succession I inherited a paranoid character who was in hiding and there was no way to take him out of hiding except by console command - no decision and not by right-clicking the portrait. I have also seen, too often, AI characters with the paranoid trait remain in hiding for almost their entire adult lives, which of course prevents reproduction.