• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Seconded. There seems to be something wrong with the Paranoid-related event about 'rumors have reached you that people are plotting to kill you.' On succession I inherited a paranoid character who was in hiding and there was no way to take him out of hiding except by console command - no decision and not by right-clicking the portrait. I have also seen, too often, AI characters with the paranoid trait remain in hiding for almost their entire adult lives, which of course prevents reproduction.

Fixed! Next release should be out very soon.

• 3Like
Reactions:
Found some bugs in a couple hours of play in the new version last night

1. Big One: Almost any action that gains you a title also reduces your prestige by several thousand. Creating a duchy, pressing claim on a county, and winning William de Normandie's war for the english throne all gave -2000 to -7000 prestige.

2. Able to demand tribute from unlanded infant daugher, my own vassals, and the vassals of other rulers.

3. Had a strange event: Decedence revolt called on independent Catholic king, immeidately becomes inconclusive. Simultaneous Catholic revolt (even though I'm Catholic) and peasant revolt, as well.

4. Able to call my court physician for my landed adult sons. - Probably a bug?

5. Game rule is missing descriptive text. Game rule is called "Vassal_Obligation" and descriptions of the various options are things like "Vassal_Obligation_Plus_Desc".

6. When calling a grand hunt from the decision tab, an event pops up with missing text: "I will find the White ." Presumably Stag.

7. The event that turns "Severely Wounded" to "Scarred" says that it will give you the trait "Horrifically Scarred." It does not, it only gives you "Scarred."

Last edited:
Sudden and unbelievable losses of prestige when playing ERE with imperial government. Constantly I see myself with -44k of prestige.
The problem that won't stay away... It was gone for a while, until I restored some of the old Plus laws functionality and now I'm seeing add behaviour I've not seen before. With some luck, I'll be able to solve it sometime this week.
Found some bugs in a couple hours of play in the new version last night

1. Big One: Almost any action that gains you a title also reduces your prestige by several thousand. Creating a duchy, pressing claim on a county, and winning William de Normandie's war for the english throne all gave -2000 to -7000 prestige.

2. Able to demand tribute from unlanded infant daugher, my own vassals, and the vassals of other rulers.

3. Had a strange event: Decedence revolt called on independent Catholic king, immeidately becomes inconclusive. Simultaneous Catholic revolt (even though I'm Catholic) and peasant revolt, as well.

4. Able to call my court physician for my landed adult sons. - Probably a bug?

5. Game rule is missing descriptive text. Game rule is called "Vassal_Obligation" and descriptions of the various options are things like "Vassal_Obligation_Plus_Desc".

6. When calling a grand hunt from the decision tab, an event pops up with missing text: "I will find the White ." Presumably Stag.

7. The event that turns "Severely Wounded" to "Scarred" says that it will give you the trait "Horrifically Scarred." It does not, it only gives you "Scarred."
1. See above.
2. Surprising to find out it's this broken, but should be easy enough to fix.
3. See number 2.
4. Doesn't sound right either, but similar to 2 and 3.
5. About time we properly added that text, since it's already functional.
6. See numbers 2, 3 and 4. - Edit: Where is your capital?
7. Could you give me a screenshot, or some text you remember from this event?

Edit: Fixed 2, 3, 5 and 7.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions:
Again, I'm reporting another auto-cancelling ambition, this time it is the Being Known for Virtue (don't remember if it's the exact title, it's the one which requires to reach 500 Piety)

It's not the first time I'm reporting this problem, so I'm asking to everyone if there are other ambitions which don't work as expected

Reactions:
Few more bugs.

1. Catholic vs. Catholic holy war. Context: One of my vassals converted to Lollardism but I converted him back through the event that offers you a number of choices (threaten him with imprisonment, have a theological debate, try to convince him, accept it. I chose to convince him.) Short time later, he declares holy war on a neighboring fellow catholic. I have a save from right after the war was declared, if it'll be helpful.

2. You can usurp (not revoke) a vassal's duchy if you have a claim on it, even if you don't directly own a majority of its constituent counties, as the tooltip says you ought to if you hover over the Usurp button. Have saves showing this if helpful.

3. A de jure Russian empire will sometimes exist (ie, be visible on the de jure empire map) and sometimes won't at the beginning of the game (1066, same ruleset each time).

4. There is an event from a satisfied Tradition faction where members of the faction transfer small amounts of piety to their liege. However, the event incorrectly claims they are transfering prestige, not piety.

I also just had a ruler choose to re-educate. New education went on fine, but the old one wasn't removed.
As I recall, that's intentional in the design. Because they're not losing the experience that gave them the first trait, they're undergoing training to gain the new one.

5.0 Alpha 1.4 'Getting There' IFSR Bug Report #3 :)

1. Spotted HRE Kaiser with two imperial decedence modifiers, one being 10-20 decedence and the other being 20-30.

2. If you press the claim of a vassal's vassal, he somehow breaks his old liege relationship and becomes your direct vassal. Either that shouldn't happen, or you shouldn't be able to press a vassal's vassal's claim at all.

3. I can invite my unlanded, 6 year old child to carousing.

hello
1 conspiracies do not work against the player checked by the discover_plots command
2 a couple of times was a magnus and did not receive any artifacts maybe unlucky

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
5.0 Alpha 1.4 'Getting There' IFSR Bug Report #4

1. Pope's opinion of you is modified by your level of crown authority, should only affect your vassals' opinions.

2. My uncle, (mother's brother) not of my dynasty established a cadet branch. I still got an event saying he had 'abondoned the dynasty' and giving a relations hit between us.

3. During a crusade for Jerusalem, King of Aragon won it and his benificiary should've become King. Instead, the Pope became king of Jerusalem. Note that this was the 2nd Crusade state created.

4. When the HRE Kaiser is Saxon culture, all of his counts become earls and some dukes become "eorls." I also saw a similar thing, under a different Kaiser, where a lot of his subjects were "Thanes." Didn't check what his culture was though.

5. As a count within the HRE, my succession law changed from gavelkind to seniority for seemingly no reason and no alert. I just happened to notice it.

6. Couldn't declare independence war on liege, according to tooltip because he held a close relative of mine hostage. In fact, he did not. I had only one close relative (son) and he was being educated by me.

7. Spouse's -10 fertility modifier 'Breastfeeding child' remains even if the child dies in infancy.

8. Can't use the change councilor position option if the councilor in question is secluded from an epidemic.

Thanks to all for the reports!

I hardly remember. Something along the lines of 'In time, your wounds have healed, but left a grotesque(???) scar.' If I see it again I'll screenshot
Turned out to be a vanilla issue, so it will be fixed in the next CleanSlate release. It only affects the tooltip, so nothing mechanically is awry.
Again, I'm reporting another auto-cancelling ambition, this time it is the Being Known for Virtue (don't remember if it's the exact title, it's the one which requires to reach 500 Piety)

It's not the first time I'm reporting this problem, so I'm asking to everyone if there are other ambitions which don't work as expected
Thanks, fixed for the next release.
Persian liberation revolts seem to be broken. They will declare and then immediately disappear, at least in the earliest bookmark against the Abbasids.
Thanks, fixed.
5.0 Alpha 1.4 'Getting There' IFSR Bug Report #3 :)

1. Spotted HRE Kaiser with two imperial decedence modifiers, one being 10-20 decedence and the other being 20-30.

2. If you press the claim of a vassal's vassal, he somehow breaks his old liege relationship and becomes your direct vassal. Either that shouldn't happen, or you shouldn't be able to press a vassal's vassal's claim at all.

3. I can invite my unlanded, 6 year old child to carousing.
1. Well spotted, fixed.
2. Opinions may differ on this, I suspect, but it's worth some investigation sometime in the future.
3. Fixed.
hello
1 conspiracies do not work against the player checked by the discover_plots command
2 a couple of times was a magnus and did not receive any artifacts maybe unlucky
Thanks for the reminder. There appears to have been some unfinished system in place to make sure AI don't aimlessly plot for no apparent reason, but right now, it simply blocks all AI from plotting. I'll unblock them and try to figure out what to do with that system later.
5.0 Alpha 1.4 'Getting There' IFSR Bug Report #4

1. Pope's opinion of you is modified by your level of crown authority, should only affect your vassals' opinions.

2. My uncle, (mother's brother) not of my dynasty established a cadet branch. I still got an event saying he had 'abondoned the dynasty' and giving a relations hit between us.

3. During a crusade for Jerusalem, King of Aragon won it and his benificiary should've become King. Instead, the Pope became king of Jerusalem. Note that this was the 2nd Crusade state created.

4. When the HRE Kaiser is Saxon culture, all of his counts become earls and some dukes become "eorls." I also saw a similar thing, under a different Kaiser, where a lot of his subjects were "Thanes." Didn't check what his culture was though.

5. As a count within the HRE, my succession law changed from gavelkind to seniority for seemingly no reason and no alert. I just happened to notice it.

6. Couldn't declare independence war on liege, according to tooltip because he held a close relative of mine hostage. In fact, he did not. I had only one close relative (son) and he was being educated by me.

7. Spouse's -10 fertility modifier 'Breastfeeding child' remains even if the child dies in infancy.

8. Can't use the change councilor position option if the councilor in question is secluded from an epidemic.
1. Hardcoded bug, complain to Paradox.
2. That's by design, but perhaps the event text could be cleared up a bit.
3. Was this a Catholic or Chalcedonian crusade?
4. Fixed, they'll now apply to Anglo-Saxon rulers again.
5. Might be fixed in the next update.
6. Likely a hardcoded issue, I'm afraid.
7. Likely a vanilla issue, so it will be fixed with the next CleanSlate update.
8. I'll look into it.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Few more bugs.

1. Catholic vs. Catholic holy war. Context: One of my vassals converted to Lollardism but I converted him back through the event that offers you a number of choices (threaten him with imprisonment, have a theological debate, try to convince him, accept it. I chose to convince him.) Short time later, he declares holy war on a neighboring fellow catholic. I have a save from right after the war was declared, if it'll be helpful.

2. You can usurp (not revoke) a vassal's duchy if you have a claim on it, even if you don't directly own a majority of its constituent counties, as the tooltip says you ought to if you hover over the Usurp button. Have saves showing this if helpful.

3. A de jure Russian empire will sometimes exist (ie, be visible on the de jure empire map) and sometimes won't at the beginning of the game (1066, same ruleset each time).

4. There is an event from a satisfied Tradition faction where members of the faction transfer small amounts of piety to their liege. However, the event incorrectly claims they are transfering prestige, not piety.
Looks I missed these earlier today.

1. Odd, that shouldn't be possible. Please provide that savegame.
2. Likely hardcoded, I've seen this stuff over the years as well. You may provide savegames, though I doubt I can do anything about this one.
3. That's by design. The game rule changed such that de jure empires exist so long as a claimant is still alive. You'll also find other de jure empires on different starts, such as Tibet and Rajasthan.
4. Fixed.

This may be intentional, actually, to represent the conflict between the Papacy and local rulers over who wielded divine authority over the realm.
No, it's a bug that affects all characters, rather than just de jure vassals. It snuck in with patch 3.0, or sometime after, and was never fixed.