• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
ForzaA said:
Code:
event = {
	id = 194015
	random = no
	province = 542
	name = "Rajput princes start an uprising!"
	desc = "Throughout India's histroy every nation has had to deal with the fierce indepedance of the Rajput princes and their population. The most noted period was during the early middle ages of Europe."
	trigger = { 
		NOT = { owned = { province = 542 data = JAI } } }
	style = 1
	date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1480 }
	offset = 400

action_a = {
		name = "Curse them!"
		command = { type = province_revoltrisk which = 542 value = 10 }
		command = { type = revolt which = -3 }
		}
	}

some observations concerning this event:
firstly: the province revoltrisk stacks with a couple more of this type (only other years) and is NEVER cleared as far as I can see, up to 140 revoltrisk (theoretically).
secondly: the revolt command don't work like this, or, atleast, there were NO revolts.

I have tested this out and revolt which = -3 does not work...-1 causes a revolt in a random province -2 is the capital. -3 does not work. I have also found the use of this trigger in several different event files, and will correct it.

Late,
Jester

Jester said:
I have tested this out and revolt which = -3 does not work...-1 causes a revolt in a random province -2 is the capital. -3 does not work. I have also found the use of this trigger in several different event files, and will correct it.

Late,
Jester

OK, hold on, -3 does work, but it neds to be used to refer to a first province. Basically what -3 is used for is to ensue that a revolt will occur in the same province as mentioned in another command. That way you don't have the A and B choices referring to two different provinces.
here is an example:
event = {
id = 6928 #Daimyo are fighting in a province destroying it in the process#
random = yes
country = NIP
trigger = { event = 6945 }
name = "EVENTNAME6928"
desc = "EVENTHIST6928"
style = 1

action_a = {
name = "ACTIONNAME6928A" #Ignore it#
command = { type = population which = -1 value = -1000 }
command = { type = domestic which = CENTRALIZATION value = -1 }
command = { type = domestic which = ARISTOCRACY value = 1 }
command = { type = stability value = -3}
}
action_b = {
name = "ACTIONNAME6928B" #Restore order#
command = { type = revolt which = -3}
command = { type = stability value = -1}
command = { type = domestic which = CENTRALIZATION value = 1 }
}
}

The revolt which = -3 refers to the population which = -1. That way they will both apply to the same province.

Late,
Jester

The requirement for the force majeur road to KoI needs a fix. As it is written now you would need both a marriage with HAB and having them as vassal. This can only be obtained by peaceful means, not at all as intended! Remove the marriage triggers. Milan, Savoy, Tuscany and Modena have this event.

anti_strunt said:
City: Venezia
Province: Veneto

"Veneto" is correct in both English and Italian, (and I guess Swedish!). It refers to the (modern) Italian province that is pretty much where the EUII province is. The rest follows the standard convention, as noted.

Isaac Brock said:
"Veneto" is correct in both English and Italian, (and I guess Swedish!). It refers to the (modern) Italian province that is pretty much where the EUII province is. The rest follows the standard convention, as noted.

True enough, but my point was that the naming conventions for cities/provinces/countries are different, and could cause some confusion amongst the geographically challenged. ;)

BTW, the modern Veneto province lies mostly in EU2 province Manuta, EU2 Veneto is Friuli. Here's a link, and another.

Begins to hum ***Long Live the RVI...***

The invisible port in Piemonte is gone, but the one in Emilia is still there.

On an unrelated note, something's not right with the straight codes in the Ottoman empire area. I started a new game, and my armies would walk from Smyrna to Macedonia, Smyrna to Thrace, and Anatolia to Thrace, but only sometimes.

I had one army reach Anatolia from Kastamon, with orders to cross into Thrace, only to stop. Reissuing move orders caused them to move to Smyrna first, then cross to Thrace. A latter army decided that it had to cross from Smyrna to Macedonia, and then double back to Thrace.

After my main army finished force vassalizing Trabazon, I needed them to move to Dobrujda to defend from the Lithuanians, but they refuse to cross the straights at all, from any province, to any province. There's simply no connection there anymore.

Zan Thrax said:
On an unrelated note, something's not right with the straight codes in the Ottoman empire area. I started a new game, and my armies would walk from Smyrna to Macedonia, Smyrna to Thrace, and Anatolia to Thrace, but only sometimes.

I had one army reach Anatolia from Kastamon, with orders to cross into Thrace, only to stop. Reissuing move orders caused them to move to Smyrna first, then cross to Thrace. A latter army decided that it had to cross from Smyrna to Macedonia, and then double back to Thrace.

After my main army finished force vassalizing Trabazon, I needed them to move to Dobrujda to defend from the Lithuanians, but they refuse to cross the straights at all, from any province, to any province. There's simply no connection there anymore.

Are you sure there are no hostile navies in the Sea of Marmara or Aegean Sea?

I don't think so; but maybe I'm not seeing them in the early game without having a navy in the same zone. (The Knights crushed my navy - with a much smaller one - over the course of three battles, so they're hiding in port these days.)

You won't see hostile navies when you have low naval tech unless either (1) you have your own navy in the same sea zone or (2) there is a siege in a province with a port in that sea zone. From the sequence you gave, it sounds like a navy moved into the Sea of Marmara, blocking transit from Anatolia to Thrace, then another moved into the Aegean Sea, blocking transit from Smyrna to Macedonia. If you want to check this, you might want to load your savegame with fog of war turned off and have a look.