• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Help with Bugs

Greetings All,

Thanks for all the bugposting that has gone on here. I expect version 1.25 to be out by Sunday morning. This should include Alun's Reformation Mod as well.

Quick question for Norrefeldt, are the bugs that I have listed from the EEP fixed in the AGCEEP? Also was there anything in the latest EEP release that I would need to include?

Late,
Jester

Take AI file for Scotland (done after critisism here), and AI file for ITA from EEP142b. Don't forget to add a line in revolt.csv for SCO.
From the not so important list you need to do: 3,5,6,7 and 9. Take the whole file for MAM from EEP, that will fix 11 as well.
From the real bugs, you need to fix 3, look in EEP 142b to see how it's done.
EEP 1520 Bug remaining is Saxony and Meissen should have cores on each others provinces in the 1520 scenario. The other one can be erased so far, since it can be discussed later on, the solution isn't so easy since it's based on random province conversion, and we should rather for whats historical instead.
IMO you can remove all the bugs you have listed. i think that some other things from EEP wasn't fixed, all those scripting errors are probably still here, but thats easy to find out by parsing some of the files mentioned. Twofloower said those bugs were never fixed either. If you haven't done them after that of course. :) Good luck! :)

Norrefeldt said:
Take the whole file for MAM from EEP, that will fix 11 as well.

The AGCEEP has Mameluke events. They are in AGCEEPSpecific_Egypt.eue or some such name. As I said in the other thread I think it would be better if we could use tag names rather than have to remember what each country is called.

If you want to update the Dutch revolts to match what the paradox beta events do you can DL the EEP version of my Dutch mods and (I think) cut and paste into the AGCEEP file. The reason I say maybe is because I can't remember if the event numbers are the same.

Isaac Brock said:
If you want to update the Dutch revolts to match what the paradox beta events do you can DL the EEP version of my Dutch mods and (I think) cut and paste into the AGCEEP file. The reason I say maybe is because I can't remember if the event numbers are the same.

And this would replace the existing Global_dutch_revolts event folder?

Late.
Jester

Jester said:
And this would replace the existing Global_dutch_revolts event folder?

Late.
Jester
I think it's a little bit more difficult than that. But I believe the event IDs are the same so it's just a question of copying the events into the other file.

(I believe some of the events for HOL from that file have been moved to the 'Netherlands' file in the AGCEEP). I'll do it if you like, but I won't be able to email it to you until Monday.

As France, I re-took all of the country from the English, except for Calais, and Orleans (which was annexed by Provence). Capital is back in Paris. A year or two later, I get the "Failure of the Maid" event. Whit? :confused:

Snin said:
As France, I re-took all of the country from the English, except for Calais, and Orleans (which was annexed by Provence). Capital is back in Paris. A year or two later, I get the "Failure of the Maid" event. Whit? :confused:
Sounds like the year is around 1435-6 and you are still the Dauphin; however, you said you were France. If you are France (FRA), then the game still treating you as the Dauphin (BOU) because there is no Failure of the Maid event for France, only the Dauphin.

Lord Tarleton said:
Sounds like the year is around 1435-6 and you are still the Dauphin; however, you said you were France. If you are France (FRA), then the game still treating you as the Dauphin (BOU) because there is no Failure of the Maid event for France, only the Dauphin.
Well, I was a blue country with my Capital in Paris. ;)
I became France when Burgundy let me through to Reims.
'Tis odd, though, that I should get that event if there isn't one for France. Hmm...

Snin said:
Well, I was a blue country with my Capital in Paris. ;)
I became France when Burgundy let me through to Reims.
'Tis odd, though, that I should get that event if there isn't one for France. Hmm...
What patch or beta are you playing. Country switching was once an major issue in one patch, maybe it's resurfacing again?

Lord Tarleton said:
What patch or beta are you playing. Country switching was once an major issue in one patch, maybe it's resurfacing again?
2nd March, AGCEEP 1.24
On reloading the game, though, I find that I don't get that event, but instead get a ton of france ones That I assume are supposed to fire when France fufills certain conditions (which I had fufilled, but wasn't France in the game's opinion). It may have been the fact that I didn't reload the game at any point between becoming France, and getting to the "Failure of the Maid" point, and so the game didn't register the change?

Snin said:
2nd March, AGCEEP 1.24
On reloading the game, though, I find that I don't get that event, but instead get a ton of france ones That I assume are supposed to fire when France fufills certain conditions (which I had fufilled, but wasn't France in the game's opinion). It may have been the fact that I didn't reload the game at any point between becoming France, and getting to the "Failure of the Maid" point, and so the game didn't register the change?
Sounds like the old country switch bug alright, and restarting after the tag switch was the fix. I guess there's a reason they call them beta's. ;)

Deserteur said:
Excuse me, but I have to say that you are really not up to date. There is no Jülich province at all. The country you probably talk about is Berg. And I want to have the province name of the province on the map called Kleves to be changed in the province.csv file to Cleves, so that it will be similar with the country name. Otherwise it is fucking stupid to have a country called Cleves and a province called Kleves.. If you know want to argue that this is confusing, then I have to say that we are not in America and have to keep care about every moron :rofl: Everyone will know which province Cleves will be.

Anyways it is far more important to implent the missing events from the eep into the agceep.

City: Venezia
Province: Veneto

Sillyness. :p

As far as I know it appears to work something like this: Countries all have English names, while provinces sometimes have English, sometimes local names, as for cities they appear to always use local names. Am I correct? :) In any case the point is that countries and provinces/cities do not use they same naming conventions.

anti_strunt said:

As far as I know it appears to work something like this: Countries all have English names, while provinces sometimes have English, sometimes local names, as for cities they appear to always use local names. Am I correct? :) In any case the point is that countries and provinces/cities do not use they same naming conventions.

Culture: Iroquis
Correct spelling: Iroquois
:D

anti_strunt said:

The standard agreed on is: Country names are in English, city names usually in the local language (with a few exceptions, e.g. nobody would be able to come up with a Prussian version of "Königsberg") and province names match whatever the map says.

Twoflower said:
The standard agreed on is: Country names are in English, city names usually in the local language (with a few exceptions, e.g. nobody would be able to come up with a Prussian version of "Königsberg") and province names match whatever the map says.

Sounds swell. When I said that province names are sometimes in local, sometimes English I was actually refering to how they are named on the original Paradox map (Skåne instead of Scania, but Köln instead of Cologne). A better choice of words would perhaps have been: "In the AGCEEP, provinces always have the same name as appears on the map, to minimize confusion."

Sardina declared independence, and I got a dialog-box stating that there was an unexpected field id = { on line 13 of monarchs.sar. I cant remember the exact year, but it was not long after 1450.
The file looks ok to me. The first monarch has 1409 as startdate, but I`ve seen others with that as well. Using the latest beta btw.

Ktarn said:
Sardina declared independence, and I got a dialog-box stating that there was an unexpected field id = { on line 13 of monarchs.sar. I cant remember the exact year, but it was not long after 1450.
The file looks ok to me. The first monarch has 1409 as startdate, but I`ve seen others with that as well. Using the latest beta btw.
Old EEP bug. The first lines are not commented out with #.

EDIT: I suggest removing that comment and just write:

# Sardinia #
# Judges of Arborea #

more consistent with other files.

Last edited:
I began as dauphine, later turned into france.

I first got "Joan's final victory"

then moments later I got "The failure of the maid" or something like that. weird ?

otherwise, great work!

SirJakop said:
I began as dauphine, later turned into france.

I first got "Joan's final victory"

then moments later I got "The failure of the maid" or something like that. weird ?

otherwise, great work!

I have had a similar problem with England in the HYW shortly after the victory event, I got an event removing French culture again. Strangely enough reloading seemed to solve this problem for me with both England and France games in that, after reloading the failure events never triggered.