• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
i think i checked and didn't see this bug till now, i hope i don't repeat this but anyway:

when i installed the agceep mod and the latest patch, i started the GC.

now here's the problem: i got this screen while "reading scenario" that the game can't find 1419_WUR_Wirtemberg.inc file...

because i'm from Bulgaria and my regional settings are set to Bulgarian, some letters like the german u with 2 dots ;) and etc. are not available here.. instead they are replace by Cyrilic letters.

I renamed the 1419_WUR_Wurtemburg.inc file to this <- ::))
after that i changed the name in the scenario itself, and started again.

this time i got the same error for Meicen or whatever it is called.. i fixed it the same way again.

can you fix this as i think there are a lot of us (cyrilic users) playing this :)

btw.
is the incomplete scenario supposed to play? cuz i got a critical error on it saying it can't read 1520.inc.

thanks! :)

Seems like a really good thing to do. Presumably other charecter sets may have problems too.

From Twoflower, just some posts above:
For the sake of accuracy The city of Cölln in the 15th century still was the more important of the twin cities (in fact documents issued by the electors or their officials in the city state "Cölln an der Spree" as their location until the 17th century) and the two cities were only merged completely under the name Berlin by a royal edict in 1709.

Answer: Yes.

p.s.: Excuse us. There must have gotten some parts of German between our many English sentences :D But at least we gave you a translation.

Norrefeldt said:
Regarding Berlin-Cölln Twoflower, is it a better name for the city during a majority of the period?
I would consider Cölln a more appropriate name in the 15th century, Berlin-Cölln in the 16th and 17th century and Berlin in the 18th century. Berlin-Cölln should be an acceptable compromise (although it's nothing I or anybody else feels strongly about I think).

Deserteur said:
Ach so ein Schwachsinn mit der province.csv. Wenn ein Idiot das nicht kapiert, dann soll er was anderes spielen. Jedenfalls habe ich hier im Forum noch nie jemanden sich darüber beschweren hören. Es ist halt ein mod und deshalb sollte man das auch ändern. Es verwirrt solche Leute von denen du redest schon genug wenn auf der Karte Kleves steht und die tatsächliche Grafschaft Kleves nach Münster verschoben wurde. Da macht die province.csv auch keinen Unterschied mehr..

translation for all you English freaks:
Change the province.csv! Stupid people don't play mods :D
Twoflower said:
Meine Rede, nur bring das mal hier gewissen Leuten bei ;) Außerdem kann das schon blöd sein, vor allem im Multiplayer, wenn man z.B.sieht "Unsere Armee in Kleve wird angegriffen", und auf der Karte passiert das ganze in der Provinz, wo Münster draufsteht (ok, das wäre da noch nicht so tragisch), oder wenn einem für Frieden "Kleve" angeboten wird, man guckt kurz auf die Karte, denkt nicht dran, dass die Provinz verlegt wurde und kriegt die Provinz, die auf der Karte Münster heißt.
Grundsätzlich stimme ich dir aber zu, dass solche Beschränkungen ziemlich lästig sind.

Translation:
I am afraid it will not be possible to convince everybody of this, and there are several problems about renaming provinces in the province.csv.

Here I see the problem why Germany took so long to become on nations, other nations said "let's unite" or something similar in their own language.. the Germans just took a couple more centuries to express the idea :rolleyes:

And I think the province names are best left as they are on the map (except for spelling) IIRC in China/Chagatai there are two provinces who have the on-map and actual name swapped.. that causes a LOT of confusion for me, and I'm not an idiot :p

ok ok. Don't change the province.csv. I see that it can be confusing during a mp game. Maybe we can make a single player version :) Anyways the province name of Kleves should be changed to Cleves, so that it has the same name as the country. This should not be confusing.

But the country "Cleves" is in Munster province, and the province marked "Kleves" on the map is in the country called Julich. Do you want to call Munster province (as named on the map) Cleves, or do you want to call Kleves province (as named on the map) Cleves? Either one is confusing as far as I'm concerned. Change the city name though-that makes sense.

Isaac Brock said:
But the country "Cleves" is in Munster province, and the province marked "Kleves" on the map is in the country called Julich. Do you want to call Munster province (as named on the map) Cleves, or do you want to call Kleves province (as named on the map) Cleves? Either one is confusing as far as I'm concerned. Change the city name though-that makes sense.

Excuse me, but I have to say that you are really not up to date. There is no Jülich province at all. The country you probably talk about is Berg. And I want to have the province name of the province on the map called Kleves to be changed in the province.csv file to Cleves, so that it will be similar with the country name. Otherwise it is fucking stupid to have a country called Cleves and a province called Kleves.. If you know want to argue that this is confusing, then I have to say that we are not in America and have to keep care about every moron :rofl: Everyone will know which province Cleves will be.

Anyways it is far more important to implent the missing events from the eep into the agceep.

Sorry about Julich/Berg confusion. Still I don't understand why you want Kleves province to be called Cleves, when the country called Cleves is in Munster province. Ideally we'd change the map to call the province Berg and be done with it. Given that can't be done I think the distinction between "Cleves", the country in Munster province, and "Kleves" the province in which the country of Berg is located is less confusing. It's confusing no matter what, that's for sure.

Alkar said:
Cyprus event file is missing, the main result is that Venice does not inherit Cyprus despite the fact that Venice has those events. The eventfile for Cyprus needs to be added for this to happen.

And the reason for this is that the AGCEEP doesn't use the Paradox event files for some weird reason. They need to be added into events.txt.

edit: Here are the lines from the EEP event.txt that refer to Paradox files. I'll go through to double check what's missing from AGCEEP:
event = "db\events\major_tib.txt"
event = "db\events\major_ann.txt"
event = "db\events\major_dai.txt"
event = "db\events\major_pom.txt"
event = "db\events\major_kor.txt"
event = "db\events\major_gre.txt"
event = "db\events\major_tre.txt"
event = "db\events\major_mam.txt"
event = "db\events\major_cyp.txt"
event = "db\events\major_chg.txt"
event = "db\events\major_eir.txt"
event = "db\events\major_kzk.txt"
event = "db\events\major_ser.txt"
event = "db\events\major_fri.txt"
event = "db\events\major_gel.txt"
event = "db\events\major_mch.txt"
event = "db\events\major_fla.txt"
event = "db\events\major_usa.txt"
event = "db\events\major_kle.txt"
event = "db\events\major_thu.txt"
event = "db\events\major_aqu.txt"
event = "db\events\major_auv.txt"
event = "db\events\major_bou.txt"
event = "db\events\major_bri.txt"
event = "db\events\major_han.txt"
event = "db\events\major_hau.txt"
event = "db\events\major_mlo.txt"
event = "db\events\major_orl.txt"
event = "db\events\major_rya.txt"
event = "db\events\major_sav.txt"
event = "db\events\major_ksh.txt"
event = "db\events\major_ald.txt"
event = "db\events\major_kur.txt"
event = "db\events\major_lor.txt"

Last edited:
Bugs in Hungarian Civil War

I think there is a problem with flags in the Hungary/Austria events, namely the Hungarian civil war.

The 'Death of Elizabeth' event references the wrong flag -- Hungary_Wladislaw instead of just Wladislaw -- 'Loyalist Victory' should also reference Wladislaw not Ladislaus. There also seems to be no end to the civil war when picking Ladislaus in 'Succession of Albrecht'.

grendel2 said:
I think there is a problem with flags in the Hungary/Austria events, namely the Hungarian civil war.

The 'Death of Elizabeth' event references the wrong flag -- Hungary_Wladislaw instead of just Wladislaw -- 'Loyalist Victory' should also reference Wladislaw not Ladislaus. There also seems to be no end to the civil war when picking Ladislaus in 'Succession of Albrecht'.

See post below.
EVENTHIST188101;In 1439 Albrecht of Hapsburg, King of Hungary, fell ill, probably of cholera, while campaigning against the Ottomans. Within one month he died, leaving two minor daughters and his pregnant wife Elizabeth. For the case of the unborn child being male, Albrecht declared that his son would be his successor in all his fiefs just before his death. Based on thiswill, Elizabeth attempted to get the Parliament to appoint her Queen Regent for her unborn baby....
Typo.

Last edited:
Playing TIM, after I changed to U03 I`m unable to send gifts. No idea if this is specific to the mod or the tag or a general bug.

Required additions to event.txt

I've reviewed all the eep "major" event files. The following lines need to be added to events.txt to reference the Paradox events for the appropriate countries

event = "db\events\major_ald.txt"
event = "db\events\major_bri.txt"
event = "db\events\major_chg.txt"
event = "db\events\major_cyp.txt"
event = "db\events\major_fla.txt"
event = "db\events\major_fri.txt"
event = "db\events\major_gel.txt"
event = "db\events\major_han.txt"
event = "db\events\major_hau.txt"
event = "db\events\major_ksh.txt"
event = "db\events\major_kur.txt"
event = "db\events\major_lor.txt"
event = "db\events\major_mlo.txt"
event = "db\events\major_sav.txt"
event = "db\events\major_ser.txt"
event = "db\events\major_tre.txt"
event = "db\events\major_tib.txt"
event = "db\events\major_usa.txt"
event = "db\events\major_wur.txt"

There are a few for which I can't figure out whether they were left out on purpose or not. These are:
1) event = "db\events\major_gre.txt"
Which is the "restore Byzantine Empire" event. Perhaps this isn't needed

2) event = "db\events\major_kle.txt"
Which is the needs League of Augsberg, the Schmalkaldic League, the Catholic League, and the Evangelic Union. These events ought to be added for Berg as well.

3) event = "db\events\major_kzk.txt"
This is the Kalmyk Invasion event. I'm unsure if Garbon wanted to keep this.

The other event files listed in my other post are redundant, and don't need to be added to event.txt.

Last edited:
Great work Isaac Brock!

Ktarn said:
Playing TIM, after I changed to U03 I`m unable to send gifts. No idea if this is specific to the mod or the tag or a general bug.
I guess it has to do with the betas, since these errors never (?) occured before. Cannnot think of anything we can mod to screw up this.

Norrefeldt said:
I guess it has to do with the betas, since these errors never (?) occured before. Cannnot think of anything we can mod to screw up this.
It does and AndrewT says it will be fixed next patch :)