• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Brandenburg event 132101 (acquisition of Neumark) does not give a core on the province Küstrin, and no other Brandenburg or Prussia events do, either. Brandenburg also doesn't start with this core, so it can never get it, while I think it should get it or have it from the start.

In the russian event file, I find three events concerning "the fate of the teutonic order" all triggered by LAT3620. I fail to find any such event in the teutonic order event file.

bug ?

SirJakop said:
In the russian event file, I find three events concerning "the fate of the teutonic order" all triggered by LAT3620. I fail to find any such event in the teutonic order event file.

bug ?
WAD (if mis-labeled). The event is actually a Livonian Order event now.

doktarr said:
WAD (if mis-labeled). The event is actually a Livonian Order event now.

ah. I see the event in the livonian order event file now, but since their tag is U18, and the russian event file says "fate of the teutonic order" and refers to the tag LAT, some re-labeling is in order, to keep us newcomers from getting confused :)

doktarr said:
How did you pile up that kind of revolt risk? You should only get +8 by event. Did you get a half-dozxen "meteor sighted" events or something? Or are you counting stability and war exhaustion in those numbers?

I'll freely admit I used the oranje cheat on a couple of occasions when multiple random events struck reducing me to -stab, afterall I was playing the game so that I could turn into the Mughals, not so I could torture myself. The revolt risk remained, I got several random events which piled up the revolt risk.

That 'purging' method of yours sounds excellent, because having a revolt risk that lasts 70 years one is guaranteed to have major revolt risk stacking as happened to me, heck I was only able to raise troops in two provinces and then the most I could out of both was 4k and 1k at a time.

I remember laughing when I got the 'things cool down' event which cut down my revolt risk by 2, like whoopde do.

I tried to play the game without random events, only the 'No random events' option seems to crash the game, at least the scenario won't load, the progress bar gets to the end and the game just freezes.

Also the game would crash with errors if I tried to play as the Mughals in the 1520 scenario.

Interesting event I just got

Inspired by the recent faq, I decided to become a dutch-french France with the german cores. After becoming france, I've been gradually diplo-annexing the west german minors that I have cores on. In January of 1521, I recieved a cleeves event which had two choices, both of which moved my capital into a german province and changed me from France to Cleeves. I still have my cores and cultures, but suddenly being a german minor means that most of the events for the rest of the game (like the event driven explorers I'm hoping to start getting soon) are going to be gone. Not to mention the effect the absence of france is going to cause. I have copies of the previous autosave and the save just after it happened if anyone wants to see them.

Zan Thrax said:
Inspired by the recent faq, I decided to become a dutch-french France with the german cores. After becoming france, I've been gradually diplo-annexing the west german minors that I have cores on. In January of 1521, I recieved a cleeves event which had two choices, both of which moved my capital into a german province and changed me from France to Cleeves. I still have my cores and cultures, but suddenly being a german minor means that most of the events for the rest of the game (like the event driven explorers I'm hoping to start getting soon) are going to be gone. Not to mention the effect the absence of france is going to cause. I have copies of the previous autosave and the save just after it happened if anyone wants to see them.
It's a bug, and have been reported. Hopefully it will soon be fixed! Thanks for reporting it. :)

AGCEEP haven't got the randomleaders.csv file. I just tested that it can be used with moddir. A randomleader.csv in AGCEEP leader folder will override the vanilla one. The obvious choice ought to be to use Phillip V's mod and let him take care of all upgardes, and also end him everything posted here. I just sent him the ones posted by Vaclav Adam for BOH.

The sequence for Hungarian civil war is done and tested. Please give feedback in
Wladislaw vs Ladislaus.
Affected files are event files for HAB, HUN and POL, Hungarian monarch file (comments and Janos -> János), and HUngarian leader file (Jan Jiskra added, and he and Hunyadi are slept).
Jester, I can send you the files or just instruct you after possible comments. Should we change the numbers of the entries in text.csv, I had to change the ID's to fit in all in a row? If not, just add blanks in entries:

EVENTHIST1888103:
...crusadeagainst...

EVENTHIST1888106:
...themagnates...
...afterthe...
...oligarchy.Diet...

doktarr said:
I think the plan to prevent RR stacking was to let the RR periods run out every decade or so, and then re-instate the RR a few months later. Sort of a "flush the buggy RR" approach.

I foresee a meteor to crash right before the first runs out.. thus bridging the gap, and making things even worse :rolleyes:

Perhaps province RR instead? (sure, you either have to write a LOT of "just in case" RR's or expansion is safe... but it DOES prevent annoying 70 year stacking... just a suggestion :))

ForzaA said:
I foresee a meteor to crash right before the first runs out.. thus bridging the gap, and making things even worse :rolleyes:
This is a potential problem, although unlikely. The fulproof way to handle it is to have periods like the Russian time of trobules, the Chinese revolts, and the Timurid breakup all set a "revoltrisk" flag. Then, all events that increase revoltrisk can be set to not fire if that flag is active.
ForzaA said:
Perhaps province RR instead? (sure, you either have to write a LOT of "just in case" RR's or expansion is safe... but it DOES prevent annoying 70 year stacking... just a suggestion :))
Province-based RR, in addition to being a huge pain to code, presents its own set of potential exploits. Give the province away in peace or to a vassal, get it back later, and presto - no more revoltrisk.

Perhaps one could code two events, one to take away all revolt risk (say -30 revolt risk or something) and another to reinstate the correct amount?

So make up some excuses/reasons for a couple of periods of great calm breaking up the 70 year period, but subsequent descent into revoltrisk hell again.

Does it work that way?

Hardly elegant I know but this is quite a major problem so for gameplays sake it would be worth it.

Edit: Nevermind, your revoltrisk flag idea sounds better:p

Es Arkajae said:
Perhaps one could code two events, one to take away all revolt risk (say -30 revolt risk or something) and another to reinstate the correct amount?
Wouldn't work; revoltrisk can go negative (see "Akbar's religious tolerance" event in the Mughal file).

The events for Provence by Havard lack two events for chosing capital. All possibilities are not taken into account.

These two should be put after the other three capital-switching events in the PRO event file. ID's are cleared and need not be changed.
Code:
#The Royal residence#
event = {

id = 262027
	trigger = {
		NOT = { owned = { province = 375 data = -1 } } #No Lorraine
		owned = { province = 406 data = -1 } #Provence
		owned = { province = 393 data = -1 } #Naples
		owned = { province = 412 data = -1 } #Maine
	}
	random = no
	country = PRO
	name = "The Royal residence"
	desc = "After the unification the County of Provence with the Kingdom of Naples there is now a question about where the Royal residence of the united realm should be. The old Royal capital of Naples has seniority, but the thriving port city of Marseilles is a good alternative, as well as the rich Ducal cities of Le Mans..."
	style = 1

date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1483 }
	offset = 30
	deathdate = { day = 30 month = december year = 1485 }

action_a ={
		name = "Reside in Naples"
		command = { type = capital which = 393 }
		command = { type = provincetax which = 393 value = 1 }
		command = { type = provincemanpower which = 393 value = 1 }
		command = { type = setflag which = napiscap }
	}
	action_b ={
		name = "Reside in Marseilles"
		command = { type = capital which = 406 }
		command = { type = provincetax which = 406 value = 1 }
		command = { type = provincemanpower which = 406 value = 1 }
	}
	action_c ={
		name = "Reside in Le Mans"
		command = { type = capital which = 412 }
		command = { type = provincetax which = 412 value = 1 }
		command = { type = provincemanpower which = 412 value = 1 }
	}
}

#The Royal residence#
event = {

id = 262028
	trigger = {
		owned = { province = 406 data = -1 } #Provence
		owned = { province = 393 data = -1 } #Naples
		NOT = { owned = { province = 412 data = -1 } } #No Maine
		NOT = { owned = { province = 375 data = -1 } } #No Lorraine
	}
	random = no
	country = PRO
	name = "The Royal residence"
	desc = "After the unification the County of Provence with the Kingdom of Naples there is now a question about where the Royal residence of the united realm should be. The old Royal capital of Naples has seniority, but the thriving port city of Marseilles is a good alternative..."
	style = 1

date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1483 }
	offset = 30
	deathdate = { day = 30 month = december year = 1485 }

action_a ={
		name = "Reside in Naples"
		command = { type = capital which = 393 }
		command = { type = provincetax which = 393 value = 1 }
		command = { type = provincemanpower which = 393 value = 1 }
		command = { type = setflag which = napiscap }
	}
	action_b ={
		name = "Reside in Marseilles"
		command = { type = capital which = 406 }
		command = { type = provincetax which = 406 value = 1 }
		command = { type = provincemanpower which = 406 value = 1 }
	}
}

Provence can also become France. I suggest the capital is moved to Ile de France then, having Naples as capital of France doesn't make sense, and I rather not make different events for the possible capitals. This must just have been overlooked and it wasn't in EEP, so Havard's Anjou sequence didn't take that into account.

Norrefeldt said:
Provence can also become France. I suggest the capital is moved to Ile de France then, having Naples as capital of France doesn't make sense, and I rather not make different events for the possible capitals. This must just have been overlooked and it wasn't in EEP, so Havard's Anjou sequence didn't take that into account.
Is the Anjou sequence a recent addition to agceep? Or is it going to be introduced? Just curious as to where I can find it.

ForzaA said:

As long as you drop the RR explicitly (i.e., with a -10 RR for 10 days at the end of the ten years) then the stack-up won't aggravate anything. If you get a random event that bridges that gap then the problem remains, just as before. However, this means that you're only screwed by random events in the last year of the RR cycle as opposed to every single RR event that you get. So it would be a big improvement, and would probably get rid of about 80% of the problems. Of course, 80% isn't 100%.

ribbon22 said:
Is the Anjou sequence a recent addition to agceep? Or is it going to be introduced? Just curious as to where I can find it.
It's about all the inheritances and claims of the Anjou of Provence, and was brought in from EEP. It's all in the Provence file.

Norrefeldt said:
A real understatement. It seems it was changed from EEP where it came from? (chegitz guevara's event) It's +2 in EEP and I think even that is a bit too much. A mere fratricide shouldn't be such a relief!

checked it, it is still only +2 in AGCEEP, so this is not a bug.

LAte,
Jester

I think the Lithuanian Novgorod and Pskov tribute demanding events trigger wrong events, namently french noble revolting against English etc.