• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
an event trigger still bugged (Khorasan instead of the tag) :wacko:

# Timurid Mantle
event = {
id = 296016
trigger = {
NOT = {
exists = TIM
exists = Khorasan
}
atwar = no
owned = { province = 1531 data = -1 }
control = { province = 1531 data = -1 }
event = 102001
}
random = no
country = AFG
name = "Ashes of the Timurid Empire"
desc = "Upon reclaiming the capitals of the Timurid Empire, a Timurid prince would be likely to declare himself the ruler of the new Timurid Empire. With this declaration, however, came great responsibility. "
style = 2
date = { day = 1 month = may year = 1419 }
offset = 30
deathdate = { day = 1 month = may year = 1506 }
action_a = {
name = "The Timurid Empire is reborn with me!"
command = { type = INF which = -2 value = 10000 }
command = { type = remove_countryculture which = canary } #to prevent duplication
command = { type = remove_countryculture which = mongol } #same
command = { type = add_countryculture which = canary }
command = { type = add_countryculture which = mongol }
command = { type = addcore which = 1530 }
command = { type = addcore which = 1531 }
command = { type = addcore which = 530 }
command = { type = addcore which = 487 }
command = { type = revoltrisk which = 60 value = 10 }
command = { type = addcore which = 1529 }
command = { type = addcore which = 1592 }
command = { type = addcore which = 526 }
command = { type = addcore which = 527 }
command = { type = addcore which = 534 }
command = { type = capital which = 1531 } # Herat
command = { type = country which = TIM }
}
}

Not sure if this is bug or WAD but the Byzantine (fantasy) event that grants a COT in Thrace (90009) doesn't remove the COT in Kerch. This is something that does happen if the Ottomans get their COT event for Thrace. Seems a bit inconsistant.

(at the moment i'm very happy ith it, it's brining in a nice cashflow :D )

Sun_Zi_36 said:
this is an AI only event (trigger ai = yes), so i guess there is no problem with that...

While I agree with you that the ’desc’ tag is a completely useless tag in an ai event, it is however still a potential CTD just waiting to happen. The ai=yes is NOT a guaranty that the event does not get routed to the human player! (It should be but it isn’t).
Just add the tag and tab in something, anything – just to be sure.

An odd thing with Aluns reformation mod. I got the Jean Calvin event in 1521 some three years after the reformation and at a time when Calvin was 12 years old :D. A bit early to shake the foundations of the establishment no?
Can this be changed? it's nothing major ofcourse, just an odity.

Last edited:
Registered said:
An odd thing with Aluns reformation mod. I got the Jean Calvin event in 1521 some three years after the reformation and at a time when Calcin was 12 years old :D. A bit early to shake the foundations of the establishment no?
Can this be changed? it's nothing major ofcourse, just an odity.

This is WaD. Although the description should be changed, as it more refers to Zwingli now, than Calvin.

Patch 1.8 fixes this and its a really annoying problem when playing AGCEEP.

Fix up the ports in Piemonte and Emilia;), playing as Italy or any state owning them it is truly annoying when you finally get an explorer but can't use them because they appeared in your mystical phantom port (a rennaisance Philadelphia experiment perhaps:p)

Es Arkajae said:
Patch 1.8 fixes this and its a really annoying problem when playing AGCEEP.

Fix up the ports in Piemonte and Emilia;), playing as Italy or any state owning them it is truly annoying when you finally get an explorer but can't use them because they appeared in your mystical phantom port (a rennaisance Philadelphia experiment perhaps:p)

Can't you just scroll through your units using "page up" and when you select the explorer move him out? or does the lack of connection mean that once you've selected him he won't move?

Haven't tried it, irrelvent really since it is still a bug thats needs fixing.

Off topic, not irrelevant :)

Playing a revived Byzantium i get the overstreched bureocracy event (I can't figure out where the event is so i don't know it's id) Choosing "ignore", option b i think, would, apart from some other nasty effects, reduce the size of my loans to 0!

-Mossi#310000 is triggered by event#80115, which does not seem to exist.

Still forgot a date on this one in 1.27 ,so it won't trigger

-Setup and events for Tags ORL-Butung, AQU-Kutei and U04-Sirvan are all messed up.

As soon as some tags are freed up for the missing nations, I'd be happy to fix this. :)

Isaac Brock said:
Off topic, not irrelevant :)

Off topic, thus irrelevent.:p

Playing a revived Byzantium i get the overstreched bureocracy event (I can't figure out where the event is so i don't know it's id) Choosing "ignore", option b i think, would, apart from some other nasty effects, reduce the size of my loans to 0!

Okey tracked down the event causing this, it's random events 97305, 98305 and 99305. The problem, aside from various misspellings, is in this bit.
action_b = {
name = "Ignore the Situation"
command = { type = stability value = -2 }
command = { type = domestic which = centralization value = -1 }
command = { type = loansize value = 200 }
command = { type = infra value = -250 }
command = { type = inflation value = 3 }
command = { type = provincetax which = -1 value = -1 }
In the 1.08 bugforum someone, playing AGCEEP BtW, reported china having lots of 0 value loans. It was suggested that somewhere the line type = loansize value = xxx occured, which should read "type = loansize which = 200". That fixes the problem for this event, though not for the China problem.

Just played a game starting as the Timurids and hoping to turn into the Mughals, and man was it stuffed up.

Okay first things first, playing as the Timurids after a few events I had a CONSTANT revolt risk of over +20 in ALL my provinces, now maybe thats supposed to happen to simulate or cause the collapse of the empire.

Okay I can handle that, but then when the empire splits into Khorsan and Transoxiana the damned revolt risk STAYS. I had to put up with +20 to +23 revolt risk in all my provinces all the way into the 1490's, thats around 70 YEARS of +20 revolt risk.

Now I was understandably frustrated but I thought to myself, "well maybe its supposed to be like this?, at least I'll get to become the Mughals and then surely it will end"

And when Babur came along it did (to much rejoicing), so I'm getting all psyched up ready to become the Mughals, the event 'Baburs Ambition' comes along, I get my extra troops and cores on Delhi and other Indian provinces and extra cultures, I'm stoked, theres only one problem, I remain Transoxiana..............

Goddamn Delhi turned into the Mughal Empire!@%@#$!, to make it frigging worse, not only does Delhi/Mughal have its old great Delhi monarch, it also has Babur (which I don't have despite him being my monarch), ALSO the event fires TWICE for Delhi (I saved reloaded and played as them to see what the hell was going on ) giving them an extra 40k infantry, 40k cavalry and 20 artillery.

They also got extra cultures.

Even NOW, I still thought to myself, well okay, this is screwed up but lets play as Delhi and see what happens, so I do, only I only get around three extra cores when the event fires as opposed to the many more cores (including on Gujarat) that I got playing as Transoxiana.

Surely this is a bug?

This popped up in the Hungarian question thread.
Apparently when Hungary is strong and the Ottomans weak Hungary should, as of 1.27, not be inherited by Austria. However this is exectly what DID happen in my Byzanrium game. Hungary controlled a lot of the Balkans, the Ottomans were confined to Asia Minor, and suddenly Austria inherits Hungary.
Could this be because i did not make a fresh install for the new patch, simply installed over the older one, or is this some other bug?

in the same game i found this line
"April 7, 1490 : Hungary went with Elect Maximilian of Hapsburg (End Game) in Death of Mathias Corvinus. "

Last edited:
Es Arkajae said:
Just played a game starting as the Timurids and hoping to turn into the Mughals, and man was it stuffed up.

Okay first things first, playing as the Timurids after a few events I had a CONSTANT revolt risk of over +20 in ALL my provinces, now maybe thats supposed to happen to simulate or cause the collapse of the empire.

Okay I can handle that, but then when the empire splits into Khorsan and Transoxiana the damned revolt risk STAYS. I had to put up with +20 to +23 revolt risk in all my provinces all the way into the 1490's, thats around 70 YEARS of +20 revolt risk.

Now I was understandably frustrated but I thought to myself, "well maybe its supposed to be like this?, at least I'll get to become the Mughals and then surely it will end"

And when Babur came along it did (to much rejoicing), so I'm getting all psyched up ready to become the Mughals, the event 'Baburs Ambition' comes along, I get my extra troops and cores on Delhi and other Indian provinces and extra cultures, I'm stoked, theres only one problem, I remain Transoxiana..............

Goddamn Delhi turned into the Mughal Empire!@%@#$!, to make it frigging worse, not only does Delhi/Mughal have its old great Delhi monarch, it also has Babur (which I don't have despite him being my monarch), ALSO the event fires TWICE for Delhi (I saved reloaded and played as them to see what the hell was going on ) giving them an extra 40k infantry, 40k cavalry and 20 artillery.

Even NOW, I still thought to myself, well okay, this is screwed up but lets play as Delhi and see what happens, so I do, only I only get around three extra cores when the event fires as opposed to the many more cores (including on Gujarat) that I got playing as Transoxiana.

Surely this is a bug?
What country were you and what countries were around the area?

I've been playing as a Hussite Bohemia, and every time I try to send gifts to Meissen (my vassal, who never got Saxony because of event choices), the money and relation up go to Nubia! (and it doesn't work in reverse, I checked that)

Archaalen said:
I've been playing as a Hussite Bohemia, and every time I try to send gifts to Meissen (my vassal, who never got Saxony because of event choices), the money and relation up go to Nubia! (and it doesn't work in reverse, I checked that)

this is a bug with version 1.08 of the game, not AGCEEP related

Late,
Jester

Es Arkajae said:

How did you pile up that kind of revolt risk? You should only get +8 by event. Did you get a half-dozxen "meteor sighted" events or something? Or are you counting stability and war exhaustion in those numbers?

I think the plan to prevent RR stacking was to let the RR periods run out every decade or so, and then re-instate the RR a few months later. Sort of a "flush the buggy RR" approach.
Es Arkajae said:

Surely this is a bug?
Indeed. It's a leftover bug from the EEP, which I mentioned over there. At this point, the problem is just that there's two copies of "Babur's ambition" in the Dehli event file. The first one has the wrong triggers and should be axed. The second one is fine (although just to be safe, I'd move it back a month or two).