• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

sp3cw4r

Private
13 Badges
Oct 24, 2016
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Tyranny - Tales from the Tiers
  • Tyranny - Bastards Wound
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife Pre-Order
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
@Obsidian_David

Pretty sure this is a bug caused by not accounting for characters using the same name.

I created a character named Jodocus and played through a few hours. Decided I wanted to try something a little different so exited to main menu and deleted all saves. Then I started a new game and new character also named Jodocus but using a different portrait. Now on tyrannygame.com/profile I see both Jodocus' but only the first one I created can be selected. Cannot see stats for the 2nd, the one I finished the game with.

I've since created a 3rd character, Wannour, and this char is displaying fine.

All stats when page loads looks fine:
4MF2lL4.png

Latest character Wannour stats look ok:
UIH1Q9s.png

Cannot select middle Jodocus, only top Jodocus is selected (a character that was deleted):
BpZC2MT.png

Upvote 0
I'll add my own report here, posted here in this same forum on 16 November. Quoted below:

On Tyrannygame.com under My Profile I have 2 characters listed, but they are the same character!

I started a new game as soon as the game was released and played through until the Disfavoured camp (so not long). I then started a new game again and created a new character to try a different build. However, I named both characters the same. Once I decided to keep the 2nd character I went back and deleted all saves of the 1st character as they were not needed.

Afterwards I checked the My Profile section of the website and found that two characters are listed with the same name, which seems fine, however the website uses the character name as reference so both entries point to the same data!

The Story Moments and Statistics for the characters both reflect the 1st (now deleted) character and I see no way to remove that character from the online profile. Because this was the first character and names are used to reference characters my 2nd (more advanced) character is not showing up. The overall profile-wide statistics seem to be an accurate and reflect my new character.

Edit: Here's the shareable link for the one character that shows up, and here is a screenshot of my overall profile stats. Both characters on the left display the same information as per the shared link above.

I assume this was not a scenario that came up in testing? Any ideas on what can be done?

sp3cw4r & Gyumaou: Thanks for reporting this. We have identified it to be an issue with the website, and your stats for both characters are intact in the database. We will fix this as soon as possible!

Reactions: