• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Tramlock

Recruit
19 Badges
Jan 24, 2019
  • Prison Architect
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Stellaris
  • Knights of Pen and Paper 2
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Magicka 2
  • Semper Fi
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II
I recently started to play KOPP2 on smartphone, then bought the Deluxiest Edition on steam.
I farmed a bit, then decided to try unlocking the monk. While doing the "Lord of all monsters" quest, I travel to the steam flats as I'm asked to do. The thing is, I couldn't complete the quest because the Tarasque didn't appear on screen, thus not saying his quotes, and not triggering the event which gives you the item you need, which eventually glitched the game not letting you do anything but to open a charracter sheet (restarting the dialog as soon as you close it) or the settings, from which your only way out is to save and quit. But then for some reason, when you reload the game, you can't abandon the quest, even if you travel to an other place, enabling you to trigger the dialog with Tarasque everywhere. I tried multiple places, and finally managed to end the quest by travelling to the Bamboo Forest and triggering the quest once more. For some reason, the Tarasque spawned in there instead of the Steam Flats and gave me the item finishing the quest.

I didn't finish the game on steam and unlocked the Steam Flats through this quest, never seeing the Tarasque before (except in the introduction), so it might be linked since the characters say something like "wait you're the Gogzira?" and talk to him as if they actually knew him, even tho I didn't go far enough on pc to encounter the Tarasque yet.

To unlock the monk you need to do the "Missing Monk" subquest from the Monastery, which unlocks long before Lord of all monsters. Entire Origami storyline is packed as a DLC (same as the 3 others) and I assume you're supposed to finish the main quest and defeat the paper knight before starting Origami. That way Steam Flats will be unlocked and this probably won't happen.

Im having the same problem as the OP. But I havent been able to spawn the tarasque anywhere. the game is just stuck in this dialogue loop and I can't abandon the quest or start any new ones. Seems like I have to start wholly new game and not do this quest at all :mad:

Im having the same problem as the OP. But I havent been able to spawn the tarasque anywhere. the game is just stuck in this dialogue loop and I can't abandon the quest or start any new ones. Seems like I have to start wholly new game and not do this quest at all :mad:

Do you play the game with a controller? I finaly realised this is the reason why it glitched for me.
If you do, just get out of this dialog option, travel anywhere and trigger the event with your mouse/keyboard. It should spawn the Tarasque so you won't need to restart the game.