• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

lichy23

Recruit
51 Badges
Dec 29, 2014
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Prison Architect
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
Dwarves are unable to properly build empires because dwarf_alliance_government is not allowed to grant kingdom and empire level titles to other government types, and dwarves for some reason have two government types feudal vassals use: dwarf_government and dwarf_alliance_government. Which government a newly endowed vassal picks seems to be determined by a coin flip as far as I can tell. There is also no indication in game why a title cannot be granted to a given character so it is quite confusing.

Dwarves also seem to be unable to revoke titles from other religious groups (say skaven) even if the religious revocation law is enacted.

Are these intentional?

For the title grant issue, both dwarf_government and dwarf_alliance_government seem to have the same description, but the potential conditions are different. If I am reading correctly the potential, for dwarf_alliance_government, the character has to be dwarf in culture and religion, but also they must either be a non-independent duke or have a higher tier than duke. This is why dwarf kings and emperors will always be dwarf_alliance_government.

Coupled with the orc war mechanics this becomes annoying, since what usually happens is you take over orc lands and land dynasty members on the new lands. In order to make them dukes or kings, you always have to land them as counts first, as usual with the game mechanics. But as soon as they are landed as count, they hit the potential check for dwarf_government. You can then grant them dukedom, but that doesn't trigger a government type check again, so they remain dwarf_government are you are now stuck with a vassal who cannot be ever elevated above duke. As both have can_grant_kingdoms_and_empires_to_other_government set to no.

The potential check for dwarf_alliance_government seems to be:

Code:
        potential = {
            culture_group = dwarf_group
            religion_group = dwarf_gods_group
            OR={
                higher_tier_than=duke
                AND={
                    tier=duke
                    independent=no
                }
            }
            NOT = { is_government_potential = pirate_government }
            NOT = { is_government_potential = chaos_court_government }
            is_patrician = no
        }

For the non-revoke issue, I do not know why the religion revocation law fails to work when enacted but I do notice that the government has allow_free_infidel_revokation=yes commented out (this is however not a config I can find on the gov modding wiki page) and also has can_demand_religious_conversion=no, so these might combine to override the law somehow.

Normally I think the intention is that due to casus bells available you won't be able to have vassals of inappropriate religion anyway, but in reality it seems when you war against skaven using reconquest wargoals for the mountains the temple holdings are not revoked from them. So you end up with skaven temple vassals which you cannot do anything about.

I see that dwarf_alliance_government isn't often referenced in the rest of the code. In fact in localisation/00_wh_governments.csv it is listed not among Dawi governments but under Druchii governments.