• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
May 2, 2002
Visit site
OK, first of all: I like this game. Made a very nice change from Victoria.

A minor complaint, though:

So I start with the War of the Roses as my first campaign, as York. So pretty soon the game starts promoting me and calling me the "Hope of the North" and such. There's something that just feels wrong about that title in that campaign. But, hmm... Well, fair enough, I guess at the moment. York's lands are mostly in the northen part of England, after all.

The big surprise comes when I manage to kill off Lancaster and win the game. The game then proceeds to congratulate me for achieving the... Union of Kalmar.

Now I'm not a professional historian or anything, so someone please correct me if I'm wrong. But I thought the Union of Kalmar was in a whole other part of the world, between completely different nations, and happened a whole century earlier too.

Could it be that the texts are from a completely different game and campaign? ;)

Actually the Union of Kalmar is contemporary to the HYW (on the other hand loads of things can be contemporary with something that lasted a hundred years ;)) but I think you are right - and that this information might do good in this thread too --> http://www.europa-universalis.com/forum/showthread.php?t=129817 :)

(Edit: d*mn you Carolus :p)

Edit : It's Carolus, damnit, Nikolina! :mad: :p
/CR

Last edited by a moderator:
This sounds like a bug. I never heard of England being a Scandinavian nation. :)

dtroiani said:
This sounds like a bug. I never heard of England being a Scandinavian nation. :)
All those Vikings had to come from somewhere, though. :)

Nikolai II said:
Actually the Union of Kalmar is contemporary to the HYW (on the other hand loads of things can be contemporary with something that lasted a hundred years ;))

It is contemporary to the hundred year war all right, you are right there. I am, however, talking about the war of the roses campaign. That one started more than half a century after the Union of Kalmar, if I remember right, and, well, I don't think it's even possible to end it before being a whole century after it.

Moraelin said:
It is contemporary to the hundred year war all right, you are right there. I am, however, talking about the war of the roses campaign. That one started more than half a century after the Union of Kalmar, if I remember right, and, well, I don't think it's even possible to end it before being a whole century after it.

Yes you did - but I didn't realize that TT had a scenario that late :eek:o

I thought it was only HYW. What other scenarios exist?

(And Karro, it is OK that you add comments to my messages, but I'm insulted that you changed my text :mad: )

It appears the text is not related to the war of the roses.
I played the longest game available (as usual) "The Hundred Years War 1337" and upon conquering the last province I got greeted with this screen:
* * * SPOILER * * * Final victory screen

Yes, I suppose the area is question is more to the north than a lot of the world, but uhmm, hrmpf.
I did get a bit disappointed.

Yes, with all right.

I admit that Two Thrones is a Beer and Pretzels game, but still..

Anyhow, if you find the textfiles and mod them, I could host the fixed ones here. Usually Paradox games are nicely moddable, and this is only a textfix after all..

Yes, with all right.

I admit that Two Thrones is a Beer and Pretzels game, but still..

Anyhow, if you find the textfiles and mod them, I could host the fixed ones here. Usually Paradox games are nicely moddable, and this is only a textfix after all..

I have no idea what to write to victory description, but the part which should be edited is in the file called text.csv (in Config folder). Relevant part is this:

# BACK END TEXTS;;;;;;;;;X
#;;;;;;;;;X
VICTORY_HEADING_1;We have emerged victorious!;Nous avons remporté la victoire !;¡Hemos salido victoriosos!;Vi har gått segrande ur striden!;Wir sind siegreich!;;;;X
VICTORY_VP_1;Victory points %d;Points de victoire %d;%d Puntos de victoria;Ärepoäng %d;%s Siegpunkte;;;;X
VICTORY_DESC_1;The battle raged hard but our forces have emerged victorious. We have secured one or possibly two of the thrones of the North and our family will be the politically dominant power for centuries to come.;C'était une bataille acharnée, mais nos forces en sont sorties triomphantes. Nous avons la main mise sur un voire deux royaumes du Nord et notre famille assoira sa domination politique pour les siècles à venir.;La batalla ha sido dura, pero nuestro ejército ha salido victorioso. Hemos afianzado uno de los tronos del Norte, puede que dos, y nuestra familia tendrá el poder político predominante en los siglos venideros.;Striden har rasat hårt, men efter en jämn och segsliten kamp har vår konungaätt vunnit striden. Resultatet blir att du eller din son har säkrat en eller två av Nordens troner och konungaätten kommer att bli den politiskt dominerande makten i Norden för århundraden framåt...;Ein furchtbarer Kampf ist nun vorüber, und wir waren siegreich! Wir haben einen oder sogar beide der großen Throne erobert. Unser Land wird auf Jahrhunderte die dominante Macht sein!;;;;X
VICTORY_HEADING_2;We have won a major victory!;Nous avons remporté une grande victoire !;¡Hemos obtenido una victoria importante!;Vi har uppnått en fullständig seger!;Wir haben einen großen Sieg errungen!;;;;X
VICTORY_VP_2;Victory points %d;Points de victoire %d;%d Puntos de victoria;Ärepoäng %d;%d Siegpunkte;;;;X
VICTORY_DESC_2;Even though the battle was hard and bloody we have emerged victorious in the struggle for the North. Our armies fought the bravest and our Lord was the most valiant. All the opposing forces have fled or been killed and you will soon sit on the throne of the North. your destiny is to establish the Union of Kalmar years before it occurred historically. You deserve to be called 'The Great'!;Cette lutte pour le Nord a été rude et sanglante, mais nous avons remporté la victoire. Nos armées se sont montrées les plus braves et notre seigneur, le plus vaillant. Toutes les forces ennemies se sont enfuies ou ont été tuées et vous prendrez bientôt place sur le trône du Nord. Votre destinée est d'établir l'Union de Kalmar, des années avant sa date historique. Vous méritez que l'on vous appelle 'Le Grand' !;Pese a ser una refriega difícil y sangrienta, hemos salido victoriosos en la pugna por el Norte. Nuestro ejército luchó con valor y nuestro Señor fue el más valiente. Todas las fuerzas opositoras han huido o muerto, y vos pronto os sentaréis en el Trono del Norte. Vuestro destino es fundar la Unión de Kalmar años antes de que se diera en la historia. Merecéis que os llamen ‘El Grande’.;Förvisso var striden hård och blodig, men vår konungaätt har segrat i kampen om Norden. Våra män var tapprast och vår furste den mest segerrika. Alla våra motståndare är döda eller har flytt utomlands och du bestiger inom kort Nordens Tron. Det blir ditt öde att upprätta Kalmarunionen många år innan den inträffade historiskt. Du förtjänar verkligen epitetet - den Store.;Die Schlacht war unerbittlich und blutig war, und doch seid Ihr siegreich daraus hervorgegangen. Unsere Armeen waren die Tapfersten und unser Anführer der Edelste. Alle Gegner sind geflohen oder getötet worden und schon bald werdet Ihr auf einem der Throne des Nordens sitzen. Es ist Eure Bestimmung, die Union von Kalmar schon Jahre vor ihrem geschichtlichen Auftreten zu begründen. Ihr habt es verdient, 'der Große' genannt zu werden!;;;;X
DEFEAT_HEADING;Our cause is lost!;Notre cause est perdue !;¡Nuestra causa está perdida!;Vår sak är förlorad!;Unsere Sache ist verloren!;;;;X
DEFEAT_VP;Victory points %d;Points de victoire %d;%d Puntos de victoria;Ärepoäng %d;%s Siegpunkte;;;;X
DEFEAT_DESC;The war has been bloody and uneven. In the decisive battle our men fought with courage and our Lord upheld our honour but the enemy defeated us with treachery and black magic. Our base of power has been crushed. You and your sons have gone in exile and are waiting for the day when you can return and reclaim the throne once more.;La guerre a été sanglante et inégale. Lors de la bataille décisive, nos hommes ont combattu vaillamment et notre seigneur a défendu notre honneur, mais l'ennemi nous a vaincus grâce à la traîtrise et à la magie noire. Notre pouvoir a été anéanti. Vous et vos fils êtes partis en exil en attendant de pouvoir revenir pour reprendre votre trône.;La guerra ha sido sangrienta y poco equilibrada. En la batalla decisiva, nuestros hombres lucharon con coraje y nuestro Señor mantuvo bien alto nuestro pabellón, pero el enemigo nos derrotó gracias a sus malas artes. Han aplastado la base de nuestro poder. Vos y vuestros hijos os habéis exiliado en espera del día en que podáis volver y aspirar al trono una vez más.;Striden var blodig, men ojämn. I det avgörande fältslaget slogs våra mannar med bejublad tapperhet och vår furstes ära lyste på himlen, men fienden använde förräderi och allehanda oridderliga skumraskmetoder och vi blev besegrade. Vår konungaätt har fått sin maktbas krossad. Du och dina söner har flytt riket och bider er tid tills den dag gryr då ni kan återvända och åter ta tronen i besittning.;Der Krieg war ungleich und blutig. In der Entscheidungsschlacht fochten unsere Männer mutig, und der Herr hielt unsere Ehre hoch, aber doch überwand uns der Feind durch Verrat und schwarze Magie. Die Grundlage unserer Macht ist zerstört worden. Ihr und Eure Söhnen sind ins Exil gegangen, um auf den Tag zu warten, an dem Ihr zurückkehren und Euren Thron wieder zurückfordern könnt.;;;;X
#;;;;;;;;;X

It is clearly remnant from the Crown of the North.