• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Sair

Recruit
24 Badges
Mar 13, 2013
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Knights of Pen and Paper 2
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Age of Wonders III
  • BATTLETECH
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
So after putting Sirin in my party again after not using her for a while I looked up and saw that I only had two songs usable and all the other songs were shaded over on the talent screen like unpicked talents(not grayed out like it would be if you didn't meet the requirements). I reloaded an earlier save where she still had all of her songs available and I did some testing. EVERY TIME I removed her from my party and then added her again the two songs that she had active would be shaded over like my previous save but i could still select them and switch between them. However, if I left the area or reloaded a save while she was out of my party those songs would be GONE. The only song that was exempt was Sword of Strength, Sword of Justice, every other song would be lost. I reloaded as far back saves as I could while I had Sirin recruited and this would ALWAYS happen to her. Here is a video demonstrating.

Reactions:
Upvote 0
Same problem. Another player reported that they come back when she levels up, though.

I can't confirm your repro steps, but it definitely looks like it. I recently dropped her and re-added her, then noticed the bug.

had the same problem, so i had her all along the whole time since i met her, even got the max lvl on the songs where she could use 2 songs at the same time. no problem until there. But then after i swaped her, she looses half her songs, has still the ability to sing 2 songs ( it appears in the menu) but i can´t equip two songs. It´s realy sad it make her impossible to join the group, which is a realy big bug...

Having same bug too. Sirin lost 2 songs. This game really has tons of bugs.
What difficulty level are you guys playing on? Kinda notice lots of the bugs seem to hit players on PotD difficulty.

Having same bug too. Sirin lost 2 songs. This game really has tons of bugs.
What difficulty level are you guys playing on? Kinda notice lots of the bugs seem to hit players on PotD difficulty.

The issue to me isn't that the game has tons of bugs, but that some bugs are really, really serious, easily replicable, and really noticeable - like this, or all the issues with Lethien's Crossing. Things that almost anyone would notice in a single playthrough if you pay attention.

I don't think it has anything to do with PotD. I think it just seems like a lot of PotD players have a lot of bugs because people that play PotD on their first playthrough are more likely to be veterans of PoE, fans of the genre, active on the forums, wanting to discuss mechanics, and just generally have a better awareness of when something is "off" or not.

All-in-all, PotD players are simply easier to notice (because they're active on the forums to a disproportionate degree), are more likely to notice bugs themselves (because of familiarity of mechanics and expectations), and more likely to report their findings (because they take an interest in the wellbeing of the game).

This is not to say that none of this doesn't apply to non-PotD players (I don't play PotD myself), I'm just saying that forums ≠ reality.