• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
When my overlord loses a holy war and I get the option to not convert, this results in the attacker not getting my territory, like so:
Screenshot (197).png

This should be a game over with all of Brittany going to the Christians.

In occasions when I am not a vassal there are no issues and I game over like I should.

------------------------------------

Here is the version.txt:

[ HIP Release: 2020-07-09 (Frosty3) ]
EMF: Extended Mechanics & Flavor (v11.2 - 2020-07-09)
Arumba and Internal Tab Shortcuts (2020-05-12)
ARKO Interface (2020-06-28)
SWMH (v3.42 - 2020-07-08)
ARKO Armoiries (2020-06-28)
LTM (C - 2019-12-02)

In order to test this I used the following mods:

Sketchy Cheat Menu
Kurushimi's Extended Cheats

For the last few updates whenever my ruler dies the vassal levies instantly revert to 0, and it says "laws -100.0%" if I check why. This doesn't happen if I'm a vassal, only when I'm an independent ruler. This happens even if I am not over my vassal limit or my heir has a higher martial, etc. Crown laws don't seem to effect it either. I have no other mods installed.

[ HIP Release: 2020-07-10 (Frosty3) ]
LTM (C - 2019-12-02)
CPRplus (v3.1.4 - 2020-01-06)

1596006783930.png

Pretty sure this has been posted before - but having two sets of cultural buildings still cancel eachother out.

Anyone looking for a fix, here's what I did:

Create backup of savegame.
Using Sublime text, open your savegame txt.
Ctrl+H to open the find and replace interface.
Replace cultural building identifier ("ca_culture_group_arabic_0=yes" for example) with blank.
Repeat for "ca_culture_group_[X]_[1, 2, 3, 4]=yes"

In my game culturally Arabic rulers were basically extinct so it wont gimp the game too badly.

Thank you for this amazing mod, I could not imagine playing without it. Here are some bugs and issues I found during my last campaign with the latest version of the mod.

LTM (C - 2019-12-02)
CPRplus (v3.1.4 - 2020-01-06)

---

Bug1. An army arriving to join an ongoing battle where one of the friendly flanks has already started fleeing results in the newly reinforced flank getting stuck in the "pursue" tactic endlessly, while the opposing flank properly switches to appropriate tactics. This can mean a 10k vs 10k fight on a flank where your full morale guys are doing "pursue tactic" in melee vs an opposing "charge".

Bug2. "English" culture is excluded from building Housecarl Training Grounds in castles according to the tooltip. However, Englisc culture, which it is in HIP, is not. The Englisc build them, so either the tooltip or the implementation is wrong.

Bug3. Zealot council member voting patterns are seriously messed up. A zealot voted against joining a Great Holy War declared by our Fylkir that the zealot himself had just joined, because "there are more important wars right now". And a zealot voted against revoking from an excommunicated known demon worshipper branded apostate traitor because "The target is pious".

Bug4. The Warrior Lodge interaction where you are invited by another ruler to join his defensive war on the promise of renown does not actually give any renown. (Tried twice, had 99% war participation once and 85% another, never got any renown)

Bug5. Elective Gavelkind feudalized my brother. I was tribal, had three sons, personally held the kingdom titles of Norway and Sweden (with the capital duchies and some counties in both), and had the entire territory of Mierce as vassal dukes and counts. I built tribal holdings in all counties and made those the county capitals, so the whole of Mierce was a collection of tribal vassals at the duke and count level. I expected the Kingdom of Mierce title to be created for one of my sons as per Elective Gavelkind rules, but upon succession he became a feudal king for some reason. I suspect it has to do with the fact that I did not personally hold even one county in Mierce, so my non-primary-heir son had to usurp a county there upon succession. But at that moment not only was I tribal but all Mierce counties were as well, so him becoming feudal makes little sense. The county he usurped had a tribal county capital before the moment of succession and a castle county capital right after.

Bug6. Gavelkind gave my unlanded vassal-pope to my brother. As the Empire of Nordurriki, I reformed Asatru with Hierocratic and Meritocracy, had 3 sons, switched succession to gavelkind (not elective), designated the middle son as the primary heir, moved my capital from Hordaland (Norway) to Norrae Syaland (Denmark), then got assassinated. At that moment, I was still tribal, personally held the empire title, the kingdom titles of Norway and Denmark, 2 duchies in Norway and 1 in Denmark, and had Sweden as a vassal-king. I noticed that the Fylkja ("pope") was generated with a strong claim on the temple in Norway's capital county, but at the time of succession the Fylkja was unlanded with just a titular title. My primary heir got the empire title plus Denmark (as expected), but the Fylkja became a vassal of my youngest (!?) son, who inherited the kingdom of Norway, while my oldest son got the other duchy in Norway. I would have expected her to stay as a vassal of the topmost (empire) title that goes to my primary heir, like all other vassals outside of de jure Norway.

Bug7. The Fylkir keeps declaring mini holy wars and single-county conquests on literally the other side of the world. Not talking about Great Holy Wars, but standard religious wars any duke can start. All he has is his titular duchy the Fylkirate, and a single temple barony on the holy site in my capital. No other dukes or kings do this. My guess is that because his duchy is titular he somehow does not consider distance?

---

Bal1. The "Spymaster Studying Technology" effect seems way too powerful. By sending the Spymaster to Konstantinoupolis, any tribal can get to be the second or third most technologically advanced country in a few decades. The 50 tech point event is fine; the passive tech point accumulation in each subcategory with a difference in tech level is what is too strong. If it was half as good as it is now, studying tech would still be a great choice most of the time.

Bal2. Cadet-branch formation is WAY overtuned. Basically any kin with any land forms a cadet branch in about a decade. Here is an example of my own nephew forming a cadet branch. His mother is my half-sister, his father is a dynastic kin. Maybe family for whom we have normal words like "cousin", "nephew", etc, should not yet be forming cadet branches.

Bal3. A strong duke who was in the process of successfully rebelling against his king (my vassal) agreed to my "make peace with" request just because I asked nicely. This results in a white peace, which results in the rebel leader getting imprisoned. So he died in a dungeon, instead of becoming king, just because I asked. If somebody is in a war where if they white peace they get imprisoned, they should probably never agree to a "make peace with" request.

Bal4. When deciding whether to declare war, the AI apparently does not consider the strength of a suzerain when targeting a tributary. A 2k strength duke declared war on a weakened kingdom whose suzerain had a 10k army, which of course joined defensively and crushed the duke. Strong neighbouring coreligionists of the potential enemy should also act as a deterrent to religious wars. Even counts with 1k armies declared religious wars on a momentarily weakened kingdom bordering multiple strong same-religion kingdoms, who then joined each other's defensive wars and crushed the attackers. This happened a lot. "Lost holy wars: -81%" moral authority is a joke when these were all offensive wars started by weak vassals. I specifically made sure our religious Nature is not Warmongering (reformed with Proselytizing).

Bal5. Even a complete failure in a Fabricate Treason plot has negligible consequences, which makes it incredibly powerful. To compare, Plot to Revoke has some serious restrictions and cooldowns which make sense, but Fabricating Treason can net you a reason to revoke any title from any direct vassal 3-5 times per year. The "cost" of the plot is merely a chance for making the target (and only the target!) dislike you (he probably already dislikes you, which is why you chose him as your target in the first place), and a small chance of a small loss of prestige. These risks are negligible, while the benefits of revoking any landed title of your choice are huge. There ought to be a meaningful consequence for failure.

Bal6. The opinion bonus for joining defensive wars is way undertuned. Joining a defensive war against a huge threat, and single-handedly ensuring the defender gets to keep his kingdom should probably give a bit more than +15 opinion for a couple of years. Considering you can get a long-term +60 from granting just a single county - helping against major invasions and holy wars when he is weak and the enemy is strong (and delivering a win for him) should matter much more.

---

UI1. Vassals should not declare war on other vassals while realm peace is enforced (currently they do, and then the wars immediately end "inconclusively", repeat ad nauseam).

UI2. Getting spammed with the "Negotiate with" adventurer Special Action makes little sense when the adventurer literally has 78 dudes vs my empire. They could not even start to siege the weakest garrison in my realm, so a blackmail attempt is a joke. Suggestion: An adventurer should be unable to target the realm of a ruler who could raise an army more than 20x larger than what the adventurer has.

UI3. The Special Interest toggle is terrible for keeping track of what is going on in nearby elective empires. Setting a neighbouring emperor as Special Interest makes a lot of sense, but the Special Interest status only switches to his dynastic heir upon death. In elective empires it is quite common that next emperor is not the dynastic heir of the previous one, so you now need to track down some random duke somewhere who inherited the Special Interest flag from the previous emperor, while the new emperor is obviously of no special interest.

UI4. It would be nice to have some sort of alert for when focus change is possible, when the holy war cooldown expires, when the recent carousing modifier expires, and when the Court Tutor position is open.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
The way cadet dynasties are working In current version, Karling heirs more often than not create cadet dynasties, getting the "Karling usurper" trait, giving them +25 opinion modifier to their vassals. Is this WAD?

20200730234938_1.jpg
20200730234945_1.jpg

Two questions: Why Venice is marked as "Not playable" in certain starts? And secondly - I looked up the earliest start a Dandolo character appears, for historical roleplay, when he's still just a patrician, and game auto-ended for me, i.e. I got an instant game over screen. What's up with that?

Hello, I recently noticed that in 867 start culture and ethnicity of house Mojmirid and house z Nitrawy, rulers of neighbouring Velika Morava and Somogyorszag, and some of their courtiers changed to ''noculture''. Both rulers also have 1 randomly generated daughter with random culture and ethnicity in court somewhere in the other part of the world. In my previous games when I check history files I see them both of Czech culture, so this should be a recent bug.

Councillors seem to be deciding their votes on the Lollard targeted decision to revoke theocratic vassal titles as if the revoker were the one on the receiving end: council members who were close family of the character revoking the titles objected on the grounds that it would affect a family member (despite the bishop being revoked from having no family), and other council members objected on grounds that it would weaken a powerful vassal (despite the revokee being a single-barony bishop in a realm of size ~250)

This was in Frosty3 with EMF v11.2.

Reactions:
When one of my close relatives gets a disease, nothing happens when I pick the first option (in the notif event) to have the physician treat said family member. Symptom treatment still happens, as does treatment for the player character, it's just treatment for relatives that's the issue.

Not a technical bug, but Georgia should not be lumped together with Armenia in the Apostolic Miaphysite faith. Georgian Orthodoxy had departed from Armenian Miaphysitism in the 7th century at the latest. It would be more accurate to render Georgian characters and provinces (Byzantine) Orthodox if they are not classified as their own variety. :)

Glad to hear! I just noticed this in the EMF changelog. Must be a mistake there then. :) "Apostolic covers Armenia and Georgia, led by the Catholicos." Sorry for the confusion!

Ziji says Georgia in the changelog, because Hereti is Apostolic and Armenian before it converted and became Georgianized. And Hereti is a part of Modern Day Georgia.

But the changelog is AT LEAST 3 months old dude. You can just start up HIP and see in game. Nothing has been changed compared to what you are playing with right now.

Active development of EMF is standing still at the moment and development of SWMH has stopped completely and it won't be restarted again. You don't need to check for changelogs at the moment, because nothing new will be coming for a good long time. Just relax and play the game

Reactions:
Hello, I'll give some background before explaining my bug in order to provide some context. I've been playing ck2 for a while now and my favorite time period to start are as William the Conqueror and Robert Guiscard in 1066. Since they are norman, I downloaded a mod called 'Raiding Normans' because I wanted to be able to raid if I wanted to. Fast forward a month ago, I started playing with the HIP mod and today I wanted to start a new campaign without the HIP interface module because its too big for my 13" Macbook Pro and when I have more than one army in an enemy county, the siege window moves the army's interfaces up and outside my screen so I can't combine them or organize it anyway I want to but that's okay, that not why I'm here. Another thing I want to do was to remove the 'Raiding Normans' mod since I don't use it anymore and I don't want the AI using it as well. So I did two things, 1. install the HIP mod again via the terminal to uninstall the interface module and 2. unsubscribed from the 'Raiding Normans' mod from steam (and deleted the files). But now, anytime I try to launch the game it crashes anytime I don't have that mod active. Now, I never would have thought that mod would be the problem but I tested it out and the only time the game crashes at launch is if the HIP mod is active and the Raiding Normans isn't. But this is not the only issue I'm having. While I was trying to figure out what was going on, I uninstalled and installed the game again to 'reset' the game files but no, the crash still occurs so I said fine, I'll just play with the mod, it's weird but no big deal. But now, there is a new bug. When the game successfully launches, many cultures are bugged and it says noculture instead. I can confirm this happens to the Anglo-saxons and some African cultures and ONLY when I play with the HIP mod active. I really do not want to play while this occurs but I CAN'T play without HIP, especially without the EMF and map modules so that is why I'm reporting this bug. I believe it has something to do with a game file relating to cultures and most probably localisation as well. I'm not very tech/systems savy so it's just a guess as both problems are related to cultures. Something worth mentioning is that I don't have any DLC nor any save game file since I uninstalled the game like a previously stated. It is really weird that a small standalone mod will be dependent to another mod in order to work.

This is my version.txt:
MiniSWMH: Performance-Friendly SWMH (v1.7.2 - 2020-05-18)
SED: English Localisation for SWMH (v2.2.30 - 2020-06-05)
LTM (C - 2019-12-02)

And here is my mod list: I know they are a lot but I was playing with all of them without the noculture bug before re-installing the HIP modules.

Artifact Acquisition and Overhaul

Better Christian CB (not active)

Caesar’s Books

Claim All de Jure Titles

Colored Buttons

Destroy Holdings

Expanded Traits

Great Works Models (not active)

Great Works Models - HIP

HIP - Historical Immersion Project

Hip - Improved Genetics Stable

Historic Buildings

Historic Buildings - HIP compact

Historical and Fantastical Artifacts

Improved Genetics 2.0 (Not active)

Less Random Deadly Duels

Lulu Events

MTA - New Artifacts

MTA - Vice and Virtue

Merciless Ruler

More Buildable Wonders

More realistic Crime and Punishment

Nicknames +++

No Great Work Construction Penalty

No Interreligious Defensive Pacts

Orange Ransom Button

Principalities, Margraviates & Grand Duchies (doesn’t seem to work but active)

Raiding Normans

Rename Anyone

Rename Titles v.1.0

Rich Childhood

Sarc’s Tweak Series: High Stat Councilors

Sarc’s Ward Attribute Teaching

Scandinavian Raiders

Sketchy Traits

Stop vassals’s external wars

Succession Astronomia

The Orders of Chivalry

Title Manager

Trais Softcap Exterminated

University

VIET Events Reborn

Visit Chambers TD

Your Personal Castle

LMM Councillor XP

LMM Immersive Title Grant

LMM Invite With Promises

LMM Spouse Empowerment

VS Army Leader Dynamic trait

Hello, I'll give some background before explaining my bug in order to provide some context. I've been playing ck2 for a while now and my favorite time period to start are as William the Conqueror and Robert Guiscard in 1066. Since they are norman, I downloaded a mod called 'Raiding Normans' because I wanted to be able to raid if I wanted to. Fast forward a month ago, I started playing with the HIP mod and today I wanted to start a new campaign without the HIP interface module because its too big for my 13" Macbook Pro and when I have more than one army in an enemy county, the siege window moves the army's interfaces up and outside my screen so I can't combine them or organize it anyway I want to but that's okay, that not why I'm here. Another thing I want to do was to remove the 'Raiding Normans' mod since I don't use it anymore and I don't want the AI using it as well. So I did two things, 1. install the HIP mod again via the terminal to uninstall the interface module and 2. unsubscribed from the 'Raiding Normans' mod from steam (and deleted the files). But now, anytime I try to launch the game it crashes anytime I don't have that mod active. Now, I never would have thought that mod would be the problem but I tested it out and the only time the game crashes at launch is if the HIP mod is active and the Raiding Normans isn't. But this is not the only issue I'm having. While I was trying to figure out what was going on, I uninstalled and installed the game again to 'reset' the game files but no, the crash still occurs so I said fine, I'll just play with the mod, it's weird but no big deal. But now, there is a new bug. When the game successfully launches, many cultures are bugged and it says noculture instead. I can confirm this happens to the Anglo-saxons and some African cultures and ONLY when I play with the HIP mod active. I really do not want to play while this occurs but I CAN'T play without HIP, especially without the EMF and map modules so that is why I'm reporting this bug. I believe it has something to do with a game file relating to cultures and most probably localisation as well. I'm not very tech/systems savy so it's just a guess as both problems are related to cultures. Something worth mentioning is that I don't have any DLC nor any save game file since I uninstalled the game like a previously stated. It is really weird that a small standalone mod will be dependent to another mod in order to work.

This is my version.txt:
MiniSWMH: Performance-Friendly SWMH (v1.7.2 - 2020-05-18)
SED: English Localisation for SWMH (v2.2.30 - 2020-06-05)
LTM (C - 2019-12-02)

And here is my mod list: I know they are a lot but I was playing with all of them without the noculture bug before re-installing the HIP modules.

Artifact Acquisition and Overhaul

Better Christian CB (not active)

Caesar’s Books

Claim All de Jure Titles

Colored Buttons

Destroy Holdings

Expanded Traits

Great Works Models (not active)

Great Works Models - HIP

HIP - Historical Immersion Project

Hip - Improved Genetics Stable

Historic Buildings

Historic Buildings - HIP compact

Historical and Fantastical Artifacts

Improved Genetics 2.0 (Not active)

Less Random Deadly Duels

Lulu Events

MTA - New Artifacts

MTA - Vice and Virtue

Merciless Ruler

More Buildable Wonders

More realistic Crime and Punishment

Nicknames +++

No Great Work Construction Penalty

No Interreligious Defensive Pacts

Orange Ransom Button

Principalities, Margraviates & Grand Duchies (doesn’t seem to work but active)

Raiding Normans

Rename Anyone

Rename Titles v.1.0

Rich Childhood

Sarc’s Tweak Series: High Stat Councilors

Sarc’s Ward Attribute Teaching

Scandinavian Raiders

Sketchy Traits

Stop vassals’s external wars

Succession Astronomia

The Orders of Chivalry

Title Manager

Trais Softcap Exterminated

University

VIET Events Reborn

Visit Chambers TD

Your Personal Castle

LMM Councillor XP

LMM Immersive Title Grant

LMM Invite With Promises

LMM Spouse Empowerment

VS Army Leader Dynamic trait

OK, I've been testing a bit and it varies the people who have the 'noculture' culture depending on which exact date you start the game. Easily to identify them in the game setup screen before starting a campaign. Sometimes that same ruler at one period does have the 'noculture' culture but in another it has the Breton one. Same is happening not only to people, but to provinces as well in the same fashion! Please HELP!