• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I cannot call an invasion on the Seljuk Sultan because apparently we have the same religious head....(He's Sunni.....)

Same religious head.jpg

I cannot call an invasion on the Seljuk Sultan because apparently we have the same religious head....(He's Sunni.....)

View attachment 101046

No, you can't call an Invasion because that requires you to have the same religious head.

Imperial Conquest CB isn't available for most of the de jure ERE, which is somewhat odd (the Armenian territories? Sure. Hum, Rashka, Cyprus... nope). PB+SWMH.

No, you can't call an Invasion because that requires you to have the same religious head.

Imperial Conquest CB isn't available for most of the de jure ERE, which is somewhat odd (the Armenian territories? Sure. Hum, Rashka, Cyprus... nope). PB+SWMH.

I do believe it's because I am still within 15 years of starting, and I was told that if the Sultanate of Rum is formed it is 15 years from start your starting date, not from when they were formed....I began in 1081.

Regarding the invasion, that makes sense. I certainly make very silly questions from time to time forgive me.

I do believe it's because I am still within 15 years of starting, and I was told that if the Sultanate of Rum is formed it is 15 years from start your starting date, not from when they were formed....I began in 1081.

Regarding the invasion, that makes sense. I certainly make very silly questions from time to time forgive me.

Actually, the Imperial Conquest thing is because of my ERE game (starting 867). Worked around it, but still. :p

The issue appears to be that the code is using an outdated form of custom tooltips. If you change the success block to read like this:

Code:
success = {
	custom_tooltip = {
		text = OBJDEMESNESUCCESS
		hidden_tooltip = {
			OR = {
				AND = {
					demesne_size = 9
					has_character_flag = demesne8
				}
				AND = {
					demesne_size = 8
					has_character_flag = demesne7
				}
				AND = {
					demesne_size = 7
					has_character_flag = demesne6
				}
				AND = {
					demesne_size = 6
					has_character_flag = demesne5
				}
				AND = {
					demesne_size = 5
					has_character_flag = demesne4
				}
				AND = {
					demesne_size = 4
					has_character_flag = demesne3
				}
				AND = {
					demesne_size = 3
					has_character_flag = demesne2
				}
				AND = {
					demesne_size = 2
					has_character_flag = demesne1
				}

}
		}
	}
}

It should work properly.

I had to make this fix again after the latest HIP update. Does HIP put files in the additional_objectives_PB folder? If so, can the source file be modified so that this doesn't have to be fixed manually with every update?

The do_not_disturb tag should automatically be removed right? For some reason I've had it on my character since 867.9.23 (it is currently 894.7.1). I can't hold a blot because of it. Since I don't have many details I suspect tracking down the problem would be difficult. Would just removing the tag from my character break anything?
I just saw that it also says: holmgang_target=867.9.23. That's the same date as the do_not_disturb flag, so they're probably related.

Last edited:
I had to make this fix again after the latest HIP update. Does HIP put files in the additional_objectives_PB folder? If so, can the source file be modified so that this doesn't have to be fixed manually with every update?

This gets even weirder. I noticed that there are actually TWO Increase Demesne ambitions. One has the screwed up tool-tip but the other is correct. One is obviously coming from the Additional Objectives PB mod but where is the other being pulled from?

Nevermind i fixed it. I had to run directly from steam client. But now it keeps saying runtime error whenever i press the saved game in the country selection screen. Something about asking to close? It was probably because it was 8gb. Can someone delete this post?

Last edited:
HIP - 2014-02-08

All mods enabled save for SWMH (for VIET Immersion reasons)

Pre HIP save game used (Pre-HIP PB+VIET)

"Hold a Feast" button permanently grayed out.

I was delighted to see the return of the Seduce plot ambition though. It was absent in the previous version.

HIP - 2014-02-08

All mods enabled save for SWMH (for VIET Immersion reasons)

Pre HIP save game used (Pre-HIP PB+VIET)

"Hold a Feast" button permanently grayed out.

Same here. It is related to a condition about cupbearer.

Also using PB + VIET Immersion + ARKO Pack Armories + Family Relations Mod I encountered this: Playing as an Orthodox independent duke I had free invasion cb's against every independent ruler, including other Orthodoxs.

edit: also, localization is missing for the "do-gooder" nickname.

Last edited:
Using all HIP modules except VIET Immersion. The character screen has changed but not according to the planned design. Their is vertical spacing between the plot and ambition icon and they have moved left to slightly overlap the liege/vassal opinion circles. See the ARKO thread for details.

HIP 2014-02-08 All but VIET Immersion
No Hassles Vassals Split 1.3

Each day that my character has negative wealth, I get both the "we had lack of funds" notification and the "lack of funds is no longer affecting us".

My character was a Sunni emperor of Persia, My heir was Zoroastrian. Upon death of my character, there were no default regular laws for feudal and clergy. None were active and I could not select the minimum for each. I assume it has to do with the Iqta laws being present before. I could work around it by changing my characters religion away from and back to Zoroastrian with the console. I also noticed that my succession stayed open.

Edit: Also, during "The Old Gods" start date, removing non-historical empires does not remove the Bulgarian Empire. Is this because it is under the byzantine empire on the 1066 start date?

Navigating the Garonne river is messed up.
sfU7R1H.jpg

Last edited:
Hi, terribly sorry if this is already a known issue but I wanted to report that I cannot start a game playing as a character in control of the provinces Ciarraighe or Corcaigh in the Kingdom of Deas-Mumhain (southern Ireland) during The Old Gods start point. It just says "No Character" and refuses a selection.

The only mod I have active is the Historical Immersion Project. The CK2+ mod is installed on my system but not active.

Same here. It is related to a condition about cupbearer.

Also using PB + VIET Immersion + ARKO Pack Armories + Family Relations Mod I encountered this: Playing as an Orthodox independent duke I had free invasion cb's against every independent ruler, including other Orthodoxs.

edit: also, localization is missing for the "do-gooder" nickname.

I saw the same things as he did. I was surprised that as a independent Greek Orthodox Queen of Sicily that I could call an invasion on pretty much anyone else - regardless of religion.

The Hold Feast thing fixed itself when I played my game again today ..maybe I appointed a cupbearer, but I don't remember.

Another thing is missing...being able to swear fealty to the Basileus..it just wasn't available even though he had the higher rank, both him and me were Greek Orthodox religion. I had hoped to swear fealty to him to try to help the Byzantine Empire achieve it's goal of reforming the Roman Empire as I was right next to Rome and Ravenna was right up the road...

This gets even weirder. I noticed that there are actually TWO Increase Demesne ambitions. One has the screwed up tool-tip but the other is correct. One is obviously coming from the Additional Objectives PB mod but where is the other being pulled from?

I looked through all the other files and I don't see anything else creating a Increase Demesne ambition so I don't know why it's showing up twice in the ambition list.

I saw the same things as he did. I was surprised that as a independent Greek Orthodox Queen of Sicily that I could call an invasion on pretty much anyone else - regardless of religion.

The Hold Feast thing fixed itself when I played my game again today ..maybe I appointed a cupbearer, but I don't remember.

Another thing is missing...being able to swear fealty to the Basileus..it just wasn't available even though he had the higher rank, both him and me were Greek Orthodox religion. I had hoped to swear fealty to him to try to help the Byzantine Empire achieve it's goal of reforming the Roman Empire as I was right next to Rome and Ravenna was right up the road...

As a king, you can only swear fealty to your de jure liege. Sicily, in SWMH, is not de jure ERE. Not sure about PB or Vanilla, either.

I looked through all the other files and I don't see anything else creating a Increase Demesne ambition so I don't know why it's showing up twice in the ambition list.

Because the mod you're using is so out of date, it's entirely possible that there are other errors which are causing such problems. Unfortunately, your only options are probably going to be to ignore the issues or learn to fix them. I wish I could be more helpful than that, but at the moment that's the best I can do. (If you do decide to try and fix them yourself, I suggest looking at VIET Immersion's version of the AO objectives for reference.)