• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Apologies, it's been a while I was at regular duke level.

Another thing you guys probably can't change, but I'm gonna try and mention anyway, is that I had the choice to matrilineally marry the heir to the Kingdom of Francia Orientalis. This is because the "is a title heir" note (-5 usually) doesn't pop up. The Kingdom is still heriditary. He's just staying in his father's court and has a healthy relationship with him. It just seems absurd for them to forsaken the Carolinger name, just because the king has a good relationship with me, a regular duke from another kingdom. Of course the player can choose to ignore the bait, but as my character is not retarded, it's hard to do given the insane bonuses.

edit: what makes it even crazier, is that my King (Lotharingen) is currently at war with him.

Last edited:
I'm playing with all the modules I think, and with the version that was up on Jan 25th.

Anyways, there is a bug with the muslim invasion CB. It allows you to use it against characters not of your religion,but becomes invalid if the target is muslim. So as a Sunni I used it against a Shia, and it immediatley became invalid. I lost all the piety and got the Holy war cooldown.

I was playing as Kingdom of Novgorod but after taken County of Veliky Ustug. Suddenly, my kingdom became a republic as there was a holding called House Stepanovich in the county although my character still ruled as a King (Rex). Is there anyway to destroy this republic ?

As the autonomy faction leader, I issued a vote to demand that the liege release all imprisoned vassals. In the vote, the only option for me was 'no', failing the vote and basically making a fool out of myself. :p

Shouldn't there be a 'yes' option?

(latest patch, all modules)

And maybe I'm just seeing things, but the economic cooperation bonus only seems to give me the tax bonus of 10%. Building aren't getting cheaper. Build time could be lessened (didn't compare). 190G for a Barracks level 3 is standard cost, right?

As the autonomy faction leader, I issued a vote to demand that the liege release all imprisoned vassals. In the vote, the only option for me was 'no', failing the vote and basically making a fool out of myself. :p

Shouldn't there be a 'yes' option?

(latest patch, all modules)

And maybe I'm just seeing things, but the economic cooperation bonus only seems to give me the tax bonus of 10%. Building aren't getting cheaper. Build time could be lessened (didn't compare). 190G for a Barracks level 3 is standard cost, right?
Your liege probably discouraged you from being in the faction; that stops you from voting negatively. You should've gotten an event sometime in the last 10 years.

As to the cooperation, that might be a bug; it should probably be using "local_build_cost_modifier" rather than "build_cost_modifier" (why there's two versions is beyond me).
Edit: Nevermind, cooperation already uses that modifier so it should be working.

The base cost of a barracks is 200g.

I was playing as Kingdom of Novgorod but after taken County of Veliky Ustug. Suddenly, my kingdom became a Republic, as there was a holding called House Stepanovich in the county. Now, as I still ruled as a King, but the whole kingdom in fact is a Republic. Is there anyway to destroy this republic?

Playing with all modules except SWMH, for some reason the Great Hunt occurs exactly a year after I use the decision. Any idea what might be up with that?

Playing with everything except SWMH, I am wondering why West Africa doesn't have such kingdoms/empires as Mali in the late game... It seems to be rather static through all of the bookmarks. Any input on this?

Similar to Marginal0, I am seeing the AI allow very poor choices in matrilineal marriages.

I was an unimportant countess in England. The King of Burgundy/West Francia/Lombardy/Acquitaine let me marry on his sons matrilineally to my daughter. That son was to inheirt the Kingdom of Burgundy (other titles going to other sons due to gavelkind).

To be honest, the king shouldn't have let me marry their children at all, I was way too unimportant, and my daughter more so. Oddly, the wouldn't accept a normal marriage, only a matrillineal one. Vanilla wouldn't go for this, so it is some error someplace.

I am playing with HIP January 31 2014 with all modules activited and also Alternate Portrainst for Mongol Children, Family Relations, Mediterranean Portraits-Vanilla Faces and Syren Nickanems also.

Clarification: it seems that hunt events work fine in October but get that weird delay (and a missing portrait on the first hunt event in the chain) if I do it in November.

Similar to Marginal0, I am seeing the AI allow very poor choices in matrilineal marriages.

I was an unimportant countess in England. The King of Burgundy/West Francia/Lombardy/Acquitaine let me marry on his sons matrilineally to my daughter. That son was to inheirt the Kingdom of Burgundy (other titles going to other sons due to gavelkind).

To be honest, the king shouldn't have let me marry their children at all, I was way too unimportant, and my daughter more so. Oddly, the wouldn't accept a normal marriage, only a matrillineal one. Vanilla wouldn't go for this, so it is some error someplace.

I am playing with HIP January 31 2014 with all modules activited and also Alternate Portrainst for Mongol Children, Family Relations, Mediterranean Portraits-Vanilla Faces and Syren Nickanems also.

(You say all the modules... Does that include VIET Immersion? If so, it isn't compatible with everything else yet.) With regards to the marriage thing: I'm pretty sure there's no way to mod the AI's decision making ability with regards to taking matrilineal marriages. Did you arrange the marriage as a betrothal originally? If so, sometimes the AI will take matrilineal betrothals when kids are young, even if they wouldn't normally later on. And a recent patch change forces the AI to fulfill the betrothal as agreed to, regardless of consequences. This happens in vanilla as well and can't currently be modded.

Clarification: it seems that hunt events work fine in October but get that weird delay (and a missing portrait on the first hunt event in the chain) if I do it in November.

This is working properly, due to how PB changes the decision. If you trigger the decision inside the correct two month window (after August but before October, if I remember correctly) the hunt will happen like normal, but if you wait until outside the window, it won't trigger until the next August at the earliest. This is because PB allows you to take the decisions like summer fairs and hunts any time during the year, but will wait to trigger until the appropriate months, which are the same months as vanilla.

I'm getting "nocultures" across central Africa. I have all the components except for Immersion (due to SWMH), and I'm using the Cultures and Portraits Revamp (with the PB+SWMH compatch) mod alongside HIP. Is there a set of instructions which I am missing? Or is CAPR not compatible with the rest atm?

Last edited:
Hello HIP Team.

I just wanted to ask if anything has been done about the Tribal Invasion casus belli not working? The Mongol hordes as far as I know will invade once and then stand around for the rest of the game. This problem has been here for awhile, and is tied to PB's casus belli.

The error, afaik, is the OR clause in the can_use_gui section of Tribal_Invasion is incorrectly placed. The following code works correctly:
Code:
can_use_gui = {
		OR = {
			FROM = {
				OR = {
					AND = {
						NOT = { religion = catholic }
						NOT = { is_heresy_of = catholic }
						NOT = { culture = finnish }
						NOT = { culture = lappish }
					}
					NOT = {
						ROOT = {
							primary_title = { is_tribal_type_title = yes }
							has_horde_culture = yes
							NOT = { religion_group = christian }
						}
					}
					ROOT = {
						primary_title = {
							title = e_mexikha
						}
					}
					ROOT = {
						primary_title = { title = k_magyar }
					}
					ROOT = {
						has_character_flag = tribal_inv_requirements_bypass
					}
				}
			}
			NOT = {
				FROM = { culture = mongol }
				ROOT = { culture = mongol }
			}
			year = 1350
		}
	}
The OR statement was original only around the year and no-inter mongol combat clauses. If this has been fixed already don't mind me, then.

Hello HIP Team.

I just wanted to ask if anything has been done about the Tribal Invasion casus belli not working? The Mongol hordes as far as I know will invade once and then stand around for the rest of the game. This problem has been here for awhile, and is tied to PB's casus belli.

The error, afaik, is the OR clause in the can_use_gui section of Tribal_Invasion is incorrectly placed. The following code works correctly:
Code:
can_use_gui = {
        OR = {
            FROM = {
                OR = {
                    AND = {
                        NOT = { religion = catholic }
                        NOT = { is_heresy_of = catholic }
                        NOT = { culture = finnish }
                        NOT = { culture = lappish }
                    }
                    NOT = {
                        ROOT = {
                            primary_title = { is_tribal_type_title = yes }
                            has_horde_culture = yes
                            NOT = { religion_group = christian }
                        }
                    }
                    ROOT = {
                        primary_title = {
                            title = e_mexikha
                        }
                    }
                    ROOT = {
                        primary_title = { title = k_magyar }
                    }
                    ROOT = {
                        has_character_flag = tribal_inv_requirements_bypass
                    }
                }
            }
            NOT = {
                FROM = { culture = mongol }
                ROOT = { culture = mongol }
            }
            year = 1350
        }
    }
The OR statement was original only around the year and no-inter mongol combat clauses. If this has been fixed already don't mind me, then.
Take a look at how it looks in the beta currently. I've added some comments now to make it more obvious what the code should be doing, and it looks to me like it should be working fine: https://github.com/Meneth/PB-git/commit/dc677814c6158e0e36010a05b0f59400e5aaf0d0

Take a look at how it looks in the beta currently. I've added some comments now to make it more obvious what the code should be doing, and it looks to me like it should be working fine: https://github.com/Meneth/PB-git/commit/dc677814c6158e0e36010a05b0f59400e5aaf0d0

Code:
OR = { # Mongols shouldn't be declaring war on one another early-game
 		NOT = { FROM = { culture = mongol } }
 		NOT = { ROOT = { culture = mongol } }
  		year = 1350
  }

This seems better than before. I issue I found was it needed both clauses to be true for it to equate properly. I'll just substitute the CB with this until I update.

You should totally make the Mongols able to attack catholics once all valid orthodox targets are dealt with, or some other clause. After all...
266.jpg
...The mongols did sort of attack Hungary, which is Catholic.

I'm getting "nocultures" across central Africa. I have all the components except for Immersion (due to SWMH), and I'm using the Cultures and Portraits Revamp (with the PB+SWMH compatch) mod alongside HIP. Is there a set of instructions which I am missing? Or is CAPR not compatible with the rest atm?
You need to use the latest fan-made patch at the end of the thread. Cybrxkhan's is obsolete.

Hey.
I'm playing with every module except SWMH and got problems with the events regarding the tournament decision. Everytime I start a tournament it stops after the proclamation of the first winner and when my character dies, many years later, he express his regrets for never seeing the end of his tournament. I'm not really sure which module is responsible for this problem. :sad: