• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I am reposting this since it has not yet been responded to.
It's definitely not WAD in the literal sense, but it's WAD insofar as vanilla behavior. We don't have any non-vanilla effect upon anti-popes, aside from the current HIP release lacking the depose_antipope CB and the Anti-King faction for deposing antipopes and the king that set them up in the first place in one go. [All those are included in the next release, BTW.]

CKII weirdness, what can I say?

I'm getting a CTD when I click on the 1241 bookmark. I have the full HIP mod installed except for the VIET immersion. Edit: just tried 1253. Same thing.
This should be an SWMH issue. Start dates that late have trouble adapting history for bookmarks. One known work-around is to jump to a known-good bookmark like 1204, then manually advance the years until you reach the desired date. It doesn't always work. Sometimes it does. I'm not sure what the SWMH team plans are to deal with this, if any. Definitely, late start dates tend to be a lower priority for us than earlier, as you can imagine.

My games crash if I try to view the republic trade zone map mode.

I have had this problem before the HIP era, when I earlier played with PB and SWHM.

Maybe the game itself who cause the problems or maybe the mods, I don't know.

My games crash if I try to view the republic trade zone map mode.

I have had this problem before the HIP era, when I earlier played with PB and SWHM.

Maybe the game itself who cause the problems or maybe the mods, I don't know.

Again, this is probably a SWMH issue. My personal theory is that there are still trade post entries in history files for provinces that were split/reorganized and are now inland. However, I was able to get the republic trade zone map to actually not crash and show me accidental inland trade posts once, so I don't know if that's the cause.

Found a possible bug. Playing with everything but SWMH. I found that Austisland is shown and listed as having 7 settlements but you can only build up to 6 on it leaving a space for a settlement but no way to select it or build anything on it.

I notice that when I send my Spymaster to attempt stealing technology the tooltip never shows a chance of success, only of being caught. Does he still have a chance of advancing my technology?

Hi, playing shattered balance with every possible mod from the early start. Creation of the empire of Germany shows as e_germany.

Cheers and thanks again for this great mod collection and all the hard work you invested.

Using everything except Immersion. Æthelræd the Unready - id 106 in saxon.txt - has 2 fathers listed instead of father and mother. father=1000226374 should be mother=1000226374

This should be an SWMH issue. Start dates that late have trouble adapting history for bookmarks. One known work-around is to jump to a known-good bookmark like 1204, then manually advance the years until you reach the desired date. It doesn't always work. Sometimes it does. I'm not sure what the SWMH team plans are to deal with this, if any. Definitely, late start dates tend to be a lower priority for us than earlier, as you can imagine.

Thanks for the response, I'll just use the work-around. No big deal.

Got the latest version of HIP and enabled all the VIET modules, NBRT+ and ARKOpack armoiries and ARKOpack interface. When starting a new game I get his.

1Ne0qhH.jpg

Something wrong with the VIET setup events?

EDIT: Nevermind, borked the install.

Last edited:
Maybe I'm missing something, but I've been wondering for months why I don't get the building penalties of a smuggler's lair applied to my hold. Their base of operations is in that specific county.

This is from the previous (release) version. It never properly worked with me, also the previous versions of PB.

I notice that when I send my Spymaster to attempt stealing technology the tooltip never shows a chance of success, only of being caught. Does he still have a chance of advancing my technology?

There is no chance modifier. Look at your tech progression, and you'll see it advances automatically. There should however still be a chance for getting 25 points. I'll confirm it when I get home.

There is no chance modifier. Look at your tech progression, and you'll see it advances automatically. There should however still be a chance for getting 25 points. I'll confirm it when I get home.

Ok. I didn't know that it was always in effect. I thought it was just a chance for progress, as with some other councilor jobs.

Is it possible that one of the tanistry requirements has a typo?

It says "One of the following must be true", followed by 4 conditions: Does not have craven/slothful/arbitrary?/content.

If this was correct, you might as well made one note out of it: "does not have all 4 of them". Seems like a really easy condition to dodge too. I mean: what are the odds of you having all 4 of those craptraits? So I presume it's "all" instead of "one".

Using latest patch, full version.

Is it possible that one of the tanistry requirements has a typo?

It says "One of the following must be true", followed by 4 conditions: Does not have craven/slothful/arbitrary?/content.

If this was correct, you might as well made one note out of it: "does not have all 4 of them". Seems like a really easy condition to dodge too. I mean: what are the odds of you having all 4 of those craptraits? So I presume it's "all" instead of "one".

Using latest patch, full version.
I'll improve how that displays, thanks.

Opening character portrait (no matter which one) = 100% crash. I had the same problem in Umbra Spherae, and similar in Elder Scrolls (crash while opening courtier list). Iritating, because makes it unplayable. I use right version of mod on right version of game (the same in US and ES), and have a computer approx. twice as good as CK2 minimal requirements. Tried everything, but nothing works.

Opening character portrait (no matter which one) = 100% crash. I had the same problem in Umbra Spherae, and similar in Elder Scrolls (crash while opening courtier list). Iritating, because makes it unplayable. I use right version of mod on right version of game (the same in US and ES), and have a computer approx. twice as good as CK2 minimal requirements. Tried everything, but nothing works.
What combination of modules?

Is it intentional that a Duchy (or in my case: Pfalzgraf, duchy of Pfalz) has a base demesne size of 'Base x1'? In the previous versions, a duke would have a base x2. Sorry if I missed it if it was deliberate.

In the vassal list of the King, it also displays as "Pfalzgraf in ", so there's no region note unlike the others.

Latest patch, all modules enabled.

Is it intentional that a Duchy (or in my case: Pfalzgraf, duchy of Pfalz) has a base demesne size of 'Base x1'? In the previous versions, a duke would have a base x2. Sorry if I missed it if it was deliberate.

In the vassal list of the King, it also displays as "Pfalzgraf in ", so there's no region note unlike the others.

Latest patch, all modules enabled.
Yes, that's intended and has been like that for pretty much forever.
A duke-tier ruler gets an extra demesne size point if he's got more than one duchy.
So the base values go:
  • Baron/count/duke - 1
  • "Great" duke - 2
  • King - 3
  • Emperor - 4