• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Major crusades bug: KoJ titles aren't being destroyed along with a successful jihad. I am using latest HIP patch on a save from the original HIP release. Wasn't happening before patch. I have recreated the bug multiple times. I am using all mods (SWMH, PB, ARKO, VIET, etc.)

I should also note. AI is having a tendency to have highest contributor get KoJ along with their old primary holdings. I.e. Duke of Moray becomes KoJ and keeps his land in Moray. Then after jihad, remains KoJ...in Moray.
I've made a commit to PB's beta now that will ensure that if the war target holds the title it will always be either usurped or destroyed. It will never remain with them.

I've noticed that too. I've also noticed that after you take Anatolia, as Byzantium, none of the new imperial reconquest zones unlock.

If I recall correctly, its Anatolia, then the Balkans, then Sicily, etc... I'm just getting Anatolia and then nothing.

Using everything except SWMH and Interfaces.
Make sure you've got all of Cherson.

As danemark with 34 holdings every module but VIET immersion I can't prepared invade lombardia I had the same problem in vanilla for Italy is this a bug.

Make sure you've got all of Cherson.

I do. The four Cherson provinces tends to be one of my early grabs. I did set it up as a republic though. Lets see what happens if I swap it back to a duchy.

Changed Cherson to a duchy, still no imperial reconquest options showing up.

Last edited:
I do. The four Cherson provinces tends to be one of my early grabs. I did set it up as a republic though. Lets see what happens if I swap it back to a duchy.

Changed Cherson to a duchy, still no imperial reconquest options showing up.
Make sure you're not missing so much as a single barony within the dejure empire of Byzantium.

Hi, i found some bug(mabye?) in Byzantine and islam

vO1NIN2Q6XgJkHqRWdpTtNwT-YWbdUgP9IgDoT-xzSccp0-MnNg-_AX3LTrCoiit3me9Zwz0soZOzq57tOtqzTmLAzJPDdXrYYDECax-t2bHvRrQf16EDqZlmg

when i occupied adana(i used Religius Reconquest) and gave him bandon of adana, i knew that Succecion Laws in bandon of adana was 'Open'.
it is weird because 'open' is only for islam, as far as I know.

it is not only adana, but also another title that occupied using Religoius Reconquest.

im using ARKOpack_Armoiries, ARKOpack_Interface, ProjectBalance, PB_VIET_Events and PB_VIET_Immersion modules.

p.s. ssry for my terrible english.

Last edited:
I am using the following combination:

HIP (all options except VIET immersion)
Additional Objectives for Project Balance
Cultural Cities
Cultures and Portraits Revamp
Deus Meus et Omnia - College of Cardinals
Family Relations v5
High Kings and Consuls for PB
MBGOTW
Mazdayasna Zarathushtrish v0.32 for PB
MisingCoA
No Hassles Vassals Split v1.3
Syren Nicknames
VIET Music
zulu invasion for SWMH

The game crashes any time I click on the Mercenaries tab. Does anyone know what might be causing this?

Cultural Cities
Family Relations v5
MBGOTW
MisingCoA
Syren Nicknames
VIET Music
zulu invasion for SWMH

The game crashes any time I click on the Mercenaries tab. Does anyone know what might be causing this?

Try without "Mazdayasna Zarathushtrish v0.32 for PB" as it's not actually compatible from my tests.

Try without "Mazdayasna Zarathushtrish v0.32 for PB" as it's not actually compatible from my tests.

That didn't stop the crash, unfortunately. I could've sworn that I recently read somewhere about someone having crashes with the Mercenaries tab and now I can't find which thread it was in.

That didn't stop the crash, unfortunately. I could've sworn that I recently read somewhere about someone having crashes with the Mercenaries tab and now I can't find which thread it was in.

Oh right, that was about the new holy orders not being taken account of in BLG, but I'm not sure if the latest patch by AstroCat for CPR fixes that or not.

Make sure you're not missing so much as a single barony within the dejure empire of Byzantium.

Whoops, you are right. Sorry, the templars had a castle in belgrade that I completely forgot about. Once I went through the pain of getting to the point where I could county claim it? The imperial reconquest options popped again.

Cultural Cities
Family Relations v5
MBGOTW
MisingCoA
Syren Nicknames
VIET Music
zulu invasion for SWMH

Excluding Cultural Cities made the crash stop, which seems rather odd to me.

Excluding Cultural Cities made the crash stop, which seems rather odd to me.
Do make sure you're using the "+compatible" version. The normal version will conflict with various HIP files.

Aslo, even that version might conflict with NBRT+, as both have the settlements.gfx file. That might be the issue.

Do make sure you're using the "+compatible" version. The normal version will conflict with various HIP files.

Aslo, even that version might conflict with NBRT+, as both have the settlements.gfx file. That might be the issue.

I'm not really sure which one I'm using. I'm just not going to use it. I'm making HIP my de facto mod and anything that doesn't completely play nice with it will get tossed aside!

I'm not really sure which one I'm using. I'm just not going to use it. I'm making HIP my de facto mod and anything that doesn't completely play nice with it will get tossed aside!

Your devotion is heart-warming. Still, though, we strive to at least make it clear whether a popular external mod is compatible. We definitely don't want to lose the basic advantage we had over mod collections before combining them into [a configurable] one, which was compatibility with the rest of the modding community. We especially don't want to discourage external mod authors from trying to be compatible with us. So folks should bring this stuff up, as you have, so that we can address it, or so that an external mod's author receives some feedback to provide a compatch on their end.

I'm using the +compatible version with Astrocat's fixes for CPR as well as cultural province icons, and haven't encountered anything problematic, myself.

I'm using the +compatible version with Astrocat's fixes for CPR as well as cultural province icons, and haven't encountered anything problematic, myself.
It'll break with NBRT+ as both edit settlements.gfx. Should work with everything else.

I am reposting this since it has not yet been responded to.

I am not sure if this is a bug, but it definitely can't be WAD!

876 start. A while back, the French Karling propped up an Antipope. This was very near the beginning. He continues to be an Antipope. Then I notice this below. The bastard-daughter of the previous legitimate pope in Rome is now a Queen-Bishop! An Antipope in the court of the current Pope, in Rome! How did this happen? I suppose I have to console-kill her, haven't I? Sigh...

View attachment 99953

EDIT:

I am using HIP without SWMH and the ARKO packs. I haven't patched to the latest release as I am afraid it might mess with my savegames