• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

MrNibbles

Operations Manager - Drinker of Tears
Administrator
Paradox Staff
1 Badges
Nov 5, 2013
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
In order to help us in QA, and the Dev Team when writing a bug report, I'm providing you all with guidelines on how to write a "proper" bug report (might be useful to both veterans & newcomers on the forums).
This is to make a bug report more structured, and easy to read which in the end will help us to quicker reproduce the bug, and therefore hand in the correct information faster to the
Dev Team so that they can fix it. I'll start with writing what a bug report should contain, and follow it up with an example to make things more clear.

What a bug report should contain:

1. Thread Title: Should always include the [version number] & [checksum] of the game and contain a brief description of the issue. If not, see this http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...r-version-number-in-the-topic-will-be-deleted!
2. Description: Describe the bug/issue in more detail - What occured and what you did in order to make the issue appear. //If you are using an old save after a new patch is released, please do let us know.
3. DLC Information: If you have any dlc's, unit packs etc, please state them here.
4. Mods: If you are using any mods, please state them here.
5. Reproduction Steps: If you are able to reproduce the bug, please write down steps needed to be done in order to achieve the desired result.
6. Attach if possible any screenshot of the issue, and/or a save of said game. //If you are having issues concerning Successions or CTD's try to always provide a save game

Local save games can be found at:
Windows: C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings II\save games

If the save is located on the cloud, the file should be at the following location (where you are Steam installed):
.\Steam\userdata\##<your steam id>##\203770\remote\save games\

####Example Bug Report - Do not take the example as serious for obvious reasons####

[2.2.1] [DPOO] Mouse not responding when diconnecting the USB cable

Description: Whenever I disconnect my mouse from the USB port, I can't seem to move it anymore. The"workaround" to fix this issue is to reconnect the mouse to the USB port.
DLC's: I own all the major DLC's except the Sunset Invasion.
Mods: I do not currently use any mods.

Reproduction Steps:
1. Start the game
2. Load the game with any character & bookmark
3. Unplug the mouse cord from the computers USB port.

Observe: The mouse is now un-responsive and can't be used.

Note that it is understandable that not all the bug reports are able to look like this, as there can arise occasions where it's hard to say what happened in order for the bug to occur. If that is the case simply try to provide with as much information as possible. I hope this will help you out as much as it will help us here in the office if used.

Best Regards,
Mr. Nibbles
Your QA Overlord & Drinker of Tears

Last edited:
Upvote 0
There isn't an option for no expansions in the bug report.

If you don't check any, then you don't have/use any. No need for another option.

I tried to do that, but it didn't let me submit the report and it was complaining about me not picking one.

Oh...
That was unexpected. I just tested this and it's true. :confused:
I'm by the way just another forum member.
I don't think that's on purpose. It makes no sense either. o_O

I'll ping the Customer Support Specilaist here, though i have no idea if that is the right person to alert.
@DebbieElla and tech support @AndrewT

They'll know whom to tell.

I tried to do that, but it didn't let me submit the report and it was complaining about me not picking one.

You could still submit the report by checking a single expansion and mentioning the issue in the "Steps to reproduce" box, as i dont think that will be fixed quickly,
but i don't know. Just an idea.

Perhaps the original post should be updated to reflect the changes to the bug reporting forum, would be nice if it at least reflected the current name of "Thread Title" in the form. At least if the version and checksum is actually still wanted as part of it, since it has it's own line there.