• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

unmerged(11119)

Captain
Sep 25, 2002
Visit site
Important information when you post a bug report!!

This thread contains ALL information that is important when frequenting and posting in this forum. By posting in this forum, you take knowledge of what is in this thread. It is advised to read all posts here.

Passing the line and saying you didn't know what were the rules is not viable. AGAIN: By posting here, you acknowledge the rules.

Thx for your attention
~ Your moderator, VultureGFF

---------------------------------------
---------------------------------------

Okay...this if for those who come in here with problems with the game:

1)Don't just say "This game sucks...I CTD everytime I play it" or something like that.
2) IF you are getting a CTD (Crash To Desktop) here are somethings you need to do:
a) Make sure you are not running any extra programs in the background (like Kazaa and stuff like that).
b) You might try defragging your Hard Drive.
c) Make sure your DirectX is up to date.
d) Make sure all your drivers are up to date.
e) Have you downloaded the 1.02 patch?
f) If you start getting what you think are bugs...ESPECIALLY CTD make sure you have a pen and paper nearby. Take down the scenario you were playing, what country you were playing, the difficulty etc.
What year, month, day was it when you CTD?
Did the game CTD at the same time each time?
What were you doing when you CTD?
What were the game settings at?
What are your system specs (Please don't say "I have a fast computer/modern computer and this P.O.S. should run on it"...that doesn't help Paradox at all.)
What Operating System are you using? (Hint, if you are trying to run in on a WIN95 machine or WIN 3.1 machine...nevermind).
You might want to go to your "START" menu..click on the "run" option and type in "dxdiag.exe" and save the file...for later use...that takes a picture of your dxdiag file (what all your settings are at) that you can mail in if asked about it.
If you can reproduce a CTD then try to save a game (each time you start it..so you can send them the file and say "at this date and this time..playing this nation on this difficulty at this speed...do this" and they should be able to reproduce the CTD..."

All of these things will help Paradox track down and squish any bugs much much faster.

Just think of it as going to the doctor and saying "I don't feel good" and expecting him/her to say "Oh, you have XYZ disease...let me give you something for that!" They have to have good information for them to help you.

Thanks. I hope this helps people post reliable and helpfull bug reports.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
Please do not use the word BUG in the title of your threads

The mods update the thread titile to say if it is a bug or not. It just cuases confusion if you include this in the titile.

So, do not use the word BUG in your title

Bug Reporting Forum Rules

The bug reporting forum is a place where you can report bugs you may have found in the game.
The moderators have posted a bug list in Current Bug List showing current bugs and their status. The intent of this forum is to collect bug reports for Paradox. Paradox may fix these bugs - there are no guarantees. Also, this is not a wish list forum. Post enhancements to the game in the General Discussions Forum (if you must :)).

If you have a problem with game and patch installation, crashes, etc. please post in the Support Forum. You are much more likely to get help there. Also note that there are sticky posts of many common problems in that forum.

If you have a multi-player (MP) problems, please report them in the Multiplayer Forum. Like crashes, you can get much more immediate support there.

Posting Rules
1) First, check the Current Bug List and the Known Problems List. Also, check sticky threads. Some major problems have sticky bug report threads. If you have more information for an existing bug report, post to the thread for that bug report.
2) Name your thread with as specific of a name as you can think of. Do NOT use BUG or any variation like "bug" in the title. The moderators use that to indicate our judgement of whether something is a bug or not. The moderators use:
* BUG to indicate a report is a bug.
* NOT A BUG to indicate a report is not a bug.
* KNOWN BUG to indicate the bug has already been reported before.
* WAD to indicate that the problem "Words as Designed".

The Bug List contains all the bugs that are currently known. As soon as the mods have news on this bug, they will wark it Fixed, Works as designed or Invalid.

3) Describe your problem as specifically as you can. The moderators, beta testers, and many players pay close attention to this forum, but we are volunteers with a limited amount of time on our hands. I don't want people to not post problems, but if you are unsure about what happened yourself and there is no major affect, consider not posting that problem unless it seems to happen often.
4) Please try to ensure anything reported is reproduceable before claiming it as a bug.
5) If the bug requires a specific set of circumstances, please take the time to list as much information as possible about when, and where the problem occured. If you post a event related problem, please provide us with the event number.
6) If it is impossible to reproduce a bug, that is it only happens sometimes, but you can't pin down where or why, please make that clear in your post. Others may be able to add information and help track down how the problem occurs. It's not going to be possible to list an issue in the bug list which is non-reproduceable.
7) Please refrain from reporting random CTD's, as these are not usually connected to the game engine, but rather hardware and software conflicts. However, if the game crashes due to event or leader id's please feel free to list the problem here.
8) After installing a new patch, make sure you start a new game with the latest version before posting a bug report.
9) If you wonder whether something is a bug or not, go ahead and post it anyway, regardless of the prior rules. Better to have a few extra threads now and then, then to have a controversy over forum posting rules, moderator actions, etc. :)
10) If your bug report concerns multiplayer, add it in your title please (i.e. " Multiplayer: my bug " for example)
11) Please note that this forum is not for discussion other than that needed to get precision on whether something is a bug or not. The moderators will often close threads if there is no need for further imput.
12) Please always be polite in this forum. The Bug Forum mods are working very hard to address all posts here and this can get very frustrating. Please behave. This is a forum rule. Not obeing it may result in a warning, temporary ban or permanent ban.

Finally, thanks in advance for all your help in this forum, without the dedication of all of you, there would be no way to discover and then fix bugs.

Here to listen

Hi everyone,

I'd like to let all people who come here feel their concerns are being addressed and looked into. This is a place for people to come and discuss bugs and odd things that tend to happen in games of complexity like HOI.

*If you feel at any time your post and bug have been overlooked and want a second glance, dont keep posting the same issue in different ways, just PM (private message) me and we can go from there. Please refrain from opening a new thread only to have see that you wrote "my tanks arent upgrading". Be specific and detailed if you are going to open a new thread. Read other people's threads to see if you are both going through the same scenario and respond there instead. This makes it easier for us to keep track of specifics and also for you to feel your problems are being addressed. Thanks and happy gaming! :)
-SS

***announcement - 1.02 - All Read***

Hey folks,

When dealing with bugs in this forum, we (the mods) assume that you have updated to the new 1.02 patch. All others bugs will be regarded as invalid as long as they do not show up in 1.02

Thx for your consideration...

BE SURE TO UPDATE :D

Your mods

Also, when having installed the new patch, be sure to start up a new game. The changes won't take effect before you start a new game

***all Read: Added Forum Rule***

From now on the following rule is set in this forum. It is a rule and should therefor be obbeyed. See the rules thread for more explanations on violating rules. This rule will be merged into the general rules thread in a week or so.

• Thread titles need to be explanatory for the problem in the Bug Report. One-word titles (CtD! Stupid Bug! etc etc), or questions like 'Is this a bug?' 'Bug?' are to be ignored by the mods.

Explanatory titles will also make sure the bug list will be easier to understand.

Thx for your attention... I might delete threads that have no such titles in the future. Hope you understand.

Last edited:
Just wanted to inform you all that I'm gone till Tuesday 11th March... So don't count on me till then :) So don't bombard me with savegames. DON'T!

Capice? Don't send me savegames in the meantime. Penalty for doing so is a warning.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.