• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
As sad as it is the past votes are likely gone forever, some time today a small update must have happened for the display of items you already have upvoted - it looks now this way (which I think is a remarkable update towards the older green mark of just the upvote symbol itself, which was kind of hard to recognize):

View attachment 1008081
Yes, more visible. The forum was down for a few minutes, and came back with some cosmetic changes. It seems I can't copy paste anymore snapped screenshots from my 4K screen (need to attach them), but from a 1080p it still works. But I can't attach savegames anymore, though, so there must have been a new restrictions with attachments.

Reactions:
Not the first time something like this has happened here: on 30 April 2020 all forum post reactions (originally called ratings) between January 2017 and 30 April 2020 disappeared across the PDX forum, never to be seen again. I'm pretty sure most of the pre-2017 reactions were gutted as well. The reaction system was introduced in early 2015, or it might've been already some time in the second half of 2014, but I digress.

Reactions:
Linking it here to ensure that more people are aware of it - @CraniumMuppet has confirmed in this thread that upvoting bugs helps the QA with priorisation (while post reactions don't do us much, as they aren't seen before a thread is opened and so hard to track):

And while that is surely not the only factor determining if and when a bug actually gets fixed, it is for sure a clear call to everyone to vote for their personal "bug favorites" by upvoting :)

Reactions:
Linking it here to ensure that more people are aware of it - @CraniumMuppet has confirmed in this thread that upvoting bugs helps the QA with priorisation (while post reactions don't do us much, as they aren't seen before a thread is opened and so hard to track):

And while that is surely not the only factor determining if and when a bug actually gets fixed, it is for sure a clear call to everyone to vote for their personal "bug favorites" by upvoting :)
Thanks for that link. To add support to it, the introducing of pre-made templates to the new DLC seems to be a reaction to player voting, because if I remember correctly, it was a suggestion from the players and had the most votes?

Reactions:

Small caveat is that I left QA a while ago, so I don't know their exact workflow, but when I did it was one of quicker ways to get a glimpse of issues of interest

But as you correctly summise there's several factors to fixing a bug, or even getting it noticed besides just upvotes, and reporting it internally is just the first step

Reactions:
Many thanks to @CraniumMuppet for the quick response to Herrenius' post.

Noted:

-- CraniumMuppet responded on a weekend.
-- It is the Summer Holiday season in Sweden (to the best of my knowledge).

More than 500 years ago, Michaelangelo prophesized CM's touching this forum:

1690733340437.png

• 2Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
Many thanks to @CraniumMuppet for the quick response to Herrenius' post.

Noted:

-- CraniumMuppet responded on a weekend.
-- It is the Summer Holiday season in Sweden (to the best of my knowledge).

More than 500 years ago, Michaelangelo prophesized CM's touching this forum:

View attachment 1009391
I am stuck in the cabin with my parents I am looking for any reprieve

• 5Haha
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Not the first time something like this has happened here: on 30 April 2020 all forum post reactions (originally called ratings) between January 2017 and 30 April 2020 disappeared across the PDX forum, never to be seen again. I'm pretty sure most of the pre-2017 reactions were gutted as well. The reaction system was introduced in early 2015, or it might've been already some time in the second half of 2014, but I digress.
Its an unfortunate side effect of large scale updating of the forums back end. Something that actually is positive in the darkness of the latest wipe is that we now have the ability with a click of a button to make any bug report here on the forum into a "Jira" (Ticket) in our internal system which saves a lot of time for us!

Yes, more visible. The forum was down for a few minutes, and came back with some cosmetic changes. It seems I can't copy paste anymore snapped screenshots from my 4K screen (need to attach them), but from a 1080p it still works. But I can't attach savegames anymore, though, so there must have been a new restrictions with attachments.
That is quite odd, I removed the required area for attachments so it shouldnt effect edits now, but please do let me know if it still doesnt work with save games, etc.

That is quite odd, I removed the required area for attachments so it shouldnt effect edits now, but please do let me know if it still doesnt work with save games, etc.
Thanks for changing that :)

What IMO is still tedious (but probably either intended for reasons I don't see or the old mechanic just technically no longer feasible) is the restriction of only one upload possible per initial report (and for each more you need to edit the report one time). I tend to make my bug reports usually with not only at least one save file, but also often up to a couple of screenshots...and then multi-edits are a slight strain. Plus that it means that uploading can't happen while you type the report, but will start only after hitting the send button...not a huge thin for people with fast internet connections, but if you don't have one and try to load up a savegame that might mean that for quit a time the post is in transit and not finishing. That might some poeple think there is a technical problem with making reports, especially if they are used to the old method. Sure, you can circumvent also by just filling the 2nd post with the screenies, but I always hesitate to make such double posts.

As said, my gut feeling is that this likely can't be changed, but anyway I'm giving you my feedback here in case it is useful for something :)

• 2Like
Reactions:

All my problems were gone over the course of a week: screenshots can be pasted again in the text box, no more <20 MB limit on file attachments. Thanks!

Thanks for changing that :)

What IMO is still tedious (but probably either intended for reasons I don't see or the old mechanic just technically no longer feasible) is the restriction of only one upload possible per initial report (and for each more you need to edit the report one time). I tend to make my bug reports usually with not only at least one save file, but also often up to a couple of screenshots...and then multi-edits are a slight strain. Plus that it means that uploading can't happen while you type the report, but will start only after hitting the send button...not a huge thin for people with fast internet connections, but if you don't have one and try to load up a savegame that might mean that for quit a time the post is in transit and not finishing. That might some poeple think there is a technical problem with making reports, especially if they are used to the old method. Sure, you can circumvent also by just filling the 2nd post with the screenies, but I always hesitate to make such double posts.

As said, my gut feeling is that this likely can't be changed, but anyway I'm giving you my feedback here in case it is useful for something :)

You can still attach multiple file in the first bug report form: just select multiple files (e.g from same folder) and that's it. So you can attach a save file and a screenshot for example. But I prefer to attach files in first post, then paste screen shots in a second post, embedded with some text, for the convenience of the reader.

1690807915387.png

Last edited:
Reactions: