• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
How long is the Treasure Fleet supposed to be in port, and does the EoC being at war stop the fleet once it has departed?

Roughly two months, and the EoC being at war shouldn't be relevant once the fleet has departed from China.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Game Version: 3.3.4
Game Checksum: DPBK
Mod Stage: Alpha
Mod Version: 12.0.0
Installation Method: Version 12.0.0 downloaded from forum
Additional Mods: N/A, only Tianxia submods
Brief Summary of Issue: Upon reloading a save, a large amount of Han Chinese courtiers that are unlanded/have barony-tier titles change to "noculture".

Mod Version: 12.0.0
Installation Method: Version 12.0.0 downloaded from forum
Additional Mods: N/A, only Tianxia submods
Brief Summary of Issue: Upon reloading a save, a large amount of Han Chinese courtiers that are unlanded/have barony-tier titles change to "noculture".

The 12.0.0 version is not the version you should be using; it was an internal dev version that accidentally got uploaded that I unfortunately can't remove/replace (as it wasn't posted by me).

The latest version is 13.0.1 and can be found here. It won't fix any issues with pre-13.0.0 versions (and likely breaks saves from any version before 13.0.0 since there were some significant changes there), but I've not heard of anyone having a similar issue in it or any other (proper) version.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Mod Version: 13.0.1
Installation Method: Download link from forum
Additional Mods: Patrum Scuta
Brief Summary of Issue: When courtiers are generated of She and Min culture, they only have the 'Smith' dynasty name

Last edited:
Installation Method: Download link from forum
Additional Mods: Patrum Scuta
Brief Summary of Issue: When courtiers are generated of She and Min culture, they only have the 'Smith' dynasty name

It's a known consequence of not having any scripted dynasty names for them, which we lack because we've not found any good list to use.

The 12.0.0 version is not the version you should be using; it was an internal dev version that accidentally got uploaded that I unfortunately can't remove/replace (as it wasn't posted by me).

The latest version is 13.0.1 and can be found here. It won't fix any issues with pre-13.0.0 versions (and likely breaks saves from any version before 13.0.0 since there were some significant changes there), but I've not heard of anyone having a similar issue in it or any other (proper) version.
Maybe you should update the main post, I was playing that version too.

Maybe you should update the main post, I was playing that version too.

I've mentioned it to LumberKing a few times, which is all I can do since the post belongs to him and I thus have no ability to make any changes to it.

Game Version: 3.3.5.1
Game Checksum: DOVX
Installation Method: Clean 13.0.1
Additional Mods: Revolutionary Borders Mod, VIET Reborn, Anime Portraits, Better AI Roleplaying, all portrait submods
Brief Summary of Issue: All people of Min culture (except of pregenerated characters) have house Smith, no matter what.

Game Checksum: DOVX
Installation Method: Clean 13.0.1
Additional Mods: Revolutionary Borders Mod, VIET Reborn, Anime Portraits, Better AI Roleplaying, all portrait submods
Brief Summary of Issue: All people of Min culture (except of pregenerated characters) have house Smith, no matter what.

As mentioned a few posts back, it's a known issue. It, and the corresponding issue for She culture, has been solved internally, and the fix will be in 14.0.0 when it is released.

As mentioned a few posts back, it's a known issue. It, and the corresponding issue for She culture, has been solved internally, and the fix will be in 14.0.0 when it is released.
Thank you for reply! I'm really shook that you still work on this mod. I just found another issue with the same configuration as before. I am unable to declare pacification wars on Chinese vassals despite meeting all conditions. It says I don't have 250 prestige, when I already amassed around 3000. Is there any known fix to that?

Thank you for reply! I'm really shook that you still work on this mod. I just found another issue with the same configuration as before. I am unable to declare pacification wars on Chinese vassals despite meeting all conditions. It says I don't have 250 prestige, when I already amassed around 3000. Is there any known fix to that?

It's a scoping error in the CB definition that has been fixed internally. Replacing the contents of the warlord_consolidation CB's can_use_gui block with

Code:
ROOT = {
    prestige = 250
}

should fix it, unless there are other issues with the CB.

Thank you to the Tianxia team for this amazing mod.

Bug report
Prince Lihu of Liao is listed twice in the khitan_historical history file in version 13.0.1:
1000001009 and

Random musings
Also, a couple of the Liao emperors are listed as married to dynasty 1000027698, which is given as the Shulü dynasty. This is correct, since this clan provided all the Liao empresses. Although their original Khitan/Uyghur family name was Shulü (述律), for most of the Liao dynasty they were known as Xiao (蕭). The first person to use the new name is supposed to be Xiao Han, fl.922-949, in which case it would seem to make sense to use Xiao for the Iron Century start date. But I can also the value in keeping the Khitan name since we know so few actual historical Khitan names, and Empress Shulü Ping is probably better known by that name. So on consideration you probably have it right.

Also, a couple of the Liao emperors are listed as married to dynasty 1000027698, which is given as the Shulü dynasty. This is correct, since this clan provided all the Liao empresses. Although their original Khitan/Uyghur family name was Shulü (述律), for most of the Liao dynasty they were known as Xiao (蕭)
Not exactly true about this clan providing all the Empresses. All Empress and consorts were given 蕭 surname in Chinese, but that doesn't mean they all hailed from one clan. Under the guise of Chinese name there were several clans, the aforementioned 述律 Shulü clan and Khitan 拔里 Bari and 乙室已 Yishiji clans. In Chinese inscriptions they are not distinguished usually, but they are in deciphered Khitan inscriptions.

Reactions:
Not exactly true about this clan providing all the Empresses. All Empress and consorts were given 蕭 surname in Chinese, but that doesn't mean they all hailed from one clan. Under the guise of Chinese name there were several clans, the aforementioned 述律 Shulü clan and Khitan 拔里 Bari and 乙室已 Yishiji clans. In Chinese inscriptions they are not distinguished usually, but they are in deciphered Khitan inscriptions.
Thank you for educating me about this. The textbook I am reading must be out of date on this point.

Game Checksum: CVUY
Installation Method: From forum/silver's signature
Additional Mods: Tianxia portrait & music mods
Brief Summary of Issue: Clicking the religion tab on the top bar as a Taoist or Buddhist character crashes the game to desktop. All other religions' tabs work (incl. Shinto). The tabs work without the mod as well.

Thanks in advance :)

Game Checksum: CVUY
Installation Method: From forum/silver's signature
Additional Mods: Tianxia portrait & music mods
Brief Summary of Issue: Clicking the religion tab on the top bar as a Taoist or Buddhist character crashes the game to desktop. All other religions' tabs work (incl. Shinto). The tabs work without the mod as well.

Thanks in advance :)

Cannot reproduce in either 13.0.1 or the dev version with the portrait submods active (the music one changes nothing in a graphics or interface folder).

I suggest verifying your CK2 installation and downloading a fresh version of 13.0.1, in case a file has been corrupted or something.

Cannot reproduce in either 13.0.1 or the dev version with the portrait submods active (the music one changes nothing in a graphics or interface folder).

I suggest verifying your CK2 installation and downloading a fresh version of 13.0.1, in case a file has been corrupted or something.
Think verifying it worked. Stupid of me to not think of it before filling this out lol. Thanks for your help and sorry for the trouble!!

Think verifying it worked. Stupid of me to not think of it before filling this out lol. Thanks for your help and sorry for the trouble!!

No problem; a crash is well worth reporting even if it turns out to be a false alarm as there might be reproducible issues tied to something we didn't think to test.

• 1Like
Reactions: