• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
This isn't a proper bug report.

In the future, make sure you include the checksum.

Please post screenshots showing:

- Holy site control + MA + piety (I don't think there's anything wrong here, but...).
- Reformation screen with any non-working but valid (so e.g. no Sea-Bound + Peaceful) configuration selected + tooltip visible.
- A quick rundown of the reformation-related game rules you've selected (including the vanilla one); you can do this in text if it is easier.

I have a couple of ideas as to what might be causing this that I'll take a look at once patching begins. If they turn out to be to blame and can be fixed in a straightforward manner, things might get a bit better than they currently are, but as we're adding things on top of pre-existing content from both vanilla and past Tianxia versions "Performance is worse than it was for the previous version" isn't really unexpected as there are limits to how much we can optimize previous and new Tianxia content (and as we don't want to make a bunch of changes to unrelated content in vanilla that content can't really be optimized at all), which means it isn't necessarily feasible to "pay" for the performance cost of the new additions.

Thanks so much for the quick reply.
The checksum is CGLS. (Main mod + All content packs)

Here are the screenshots I forgot to attach.
In the second pic, pagan reformation was activated but the the icon was not properly displayed.
In the third pic, I selected all items required but the "Reform" button was not activated, saying "All reformation slots must be filled".

I also forgot to say, thanks so much for the brilliant mod. :)

Attachments

• 20200824165020_1.jpg
    20200824165020_1.jpg
    389,4 KB · Views: 0
  • 20200824162614_1.jpg
    20200824162614_1.jpg
    374,5 KB · Views: 0
  • 20200824162638_1.jpg
    20200824162638_1.jpg
    415 KB · Views: 0
I'm using the new save file which is free from all mods,as for freezing problem it wasn't always nearly a minute it's rarely like that but that's the worst freezing I had,most of the time it was around 10 to 40 seconds (I didn't really know exactly how long it was but I'm sure it was around this) but the length of freezing is always way shorter than a minute but my point is,that freezing moment is always happened in a year or two and I'm playing in three times speed. I have a decent gaming laptop RTX 2060 , i5 9300h , and 16 gb ram

If it is 10-40 s and happens in a year or two rather than constantly, then say that. Hyperbole is counterproductive to fixing bugs.

Thanks so much for the quick reply.
The checksum is CGLS. (Main mod + All content packs)

It's odd that you, Judicatio, and I get vastly different checksums (none of them are even close). Since I just verified my CK2 installation and still got the same checksum I don't think my checksum is the incorrect one. I'd suggest you verify your installation to see if there's something odd there related to the reformation bug.

Here are the screenshots I forgot to attach.
In the second pic, pagan reformation was activated but the the icon was not properly displayed.
In the third pic, I selected all items required but the "Reform" button was not activated, saying "All reformation slots must be filled".

I also forgot to say, thanks so much for the brilliant mod. :)

Yeah, that looks like a bug (unless you've de-selected reformations being allowed; I'm not sure if you can access the screen if you do that, but...). I'll check it once patching begins.

If it is 10-40 s and happens in a year or two rather than constantly, then say that. Hyperbole is counterproductive to fixing bugs.
Well I mean it's happened every year or two, but my point is my game is freezing more than once. Maybe we got different checksum because i modified my defines.lua . And I'm not modified any of game folders when using tianxia but since I can't use tianxia right now I'm using the modified version of defines.lua because I want more trade posts in my current playthrough.

Well I mean it's happened every year or two, but my point is my game is freezing more than once.

Freezing "every year or two" is not remotely the same as "freezing constantly". If the former is the actual issue, the latter being reported instead would result in the issue getting labelled "Could not reproduce" and any fix being purely accidental until such a time that the actual issue became known and could be reproduced.

Maybe we got different checksum because i modified my defines.lua . And I'm not modified any of game folders when using tianxia but since I can't use tianxia right now I'm using the modified version of defines.lua because I want more trade posts in my current playthrough.

If you were running Tianxia with a modified defines.lua, that'd alter the checksum and count as an active mod. If you weren't, then it is still possible that something is wrong with your CK2 installation since the checksum doesn't match.

Freezing "every year or two" is not remotely the same as "freezing constantly". If the former is the actual issue, the latter being reported instead would result in the issue getting labelled "Could not reproduce" and any fix being purely accidental until such a time that the actual issue became known and could be reproduced.
Well I thought constantly means something that happened continuously at the same frequencies and values. If I'm wrong,sorry for using that word though because I don't really know what it means. I'm not the only who experienced freezing in this current version am I?
If you were running Tianxia with a modified defines.lua, that'd alter the checksum and count as an active mod. If you weren't, then it is still possible that something is wrong with your CK2 installation since the checksum doesn't match
What's the correct checksum by the way?

I'm not the only who experienced freezing in this current version am I?

You're the only one who has used the term "freezing" aside from me when posting here, so there's not exactly been a plethora of reports of freezing. I've personally experienced rather rare and short freezes that don't seem to be happening on a regular frequency (which would make a lot of sense if my suspicions regarding what might be causing them are true...), which may or may not be the same issue (I'd not be surprised if it is), but since there could be multiple issues with Tianxia and/or issues caused by something else (e.g. another mod run at the same time) it's rather important to know what to look for so that it is possible to determine if there is a second/third/etc. issue to try to reproduce and fix or if it is the same issue.

What's the correct checksum by the way?

UPIT, most likely (I verified my installation today and still got that checksum, so...).

Game Version:3.3.3
Game Checksum:YSXE
Mod Stage:Open Beta
Mod Version:0.10
Installation Method: Downloaded the mod on this forum and install all of the content packs
Additional Mods:none
Brief Summary of Issue: When choosing a name for chinese pretender empire if I choose to click more options to the very end I can't go back to the first page which means I could only choose one out of three last availabe names,it stuck at chen if I'm not mistaken. I don't know if this happen with the real china.
Edit:
It doesn't happen with the real china if I take china using claim cb,and it stuck at shun not chen.

Last edited:

It's odd that you, Judicatio, and I get vastly different checksums (none of them are even close). Since I just verified my CK2 installation and still got the same checksum I don't think my checksum is the incorrect one. I'd suggest you verify your installation to see if there's something odd there related to the reformation bug.

Yeah, that looks like a bug (unless you've de-selected reformations being allowed; I'm not sure if you can access the screen if you do that, but...). I'll check it once patching begins.

I think that this 'All reformation slots must be filled' bug is due to having the buttons = { doctrine1 doctrine2 } line under religion_doctrine = { in both 00_features.txt and 01_features_tianxia.txt, as commenting out the line in 01_features fixed the bug for me.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I think that this 'All reformation slots must be filled' bug is due to having the buttons = { doctrine1 doctrine2 } line under religion_doctrine = { in both 00_features.txt and 01_features_tianxia.txt, as commenting out the line in 01_features fixed the bug for me.

Good to know; that line was my first suspect for that particular issue as well.

Uhm, the preparation period for the treasure fleet has been dragging on for 5 years straight, and also, everyone who join get the on voyage trait instead of the preparation trait. Apparently the d_treasure_fleet title have somehow existed since 769.1.1. It may have something to do with me conquering all of Asia? And even now after I tried to end it with console, somehow people are still joining the fleet.

Uhm, the preparation period for the treasure fleet has been dragging on for 5 years straight, and also, everyone who join get the on voyage trait instead of the preparation trait. Apparently the d_treasure_fleet title have somehow existed since 769.1.1. It may have something to do with me conquering all of Asia? And even now after I tried to end it with console, somehow people are still joining the fleet.

This really isn't a proper bug report, but...

- Which version of Tianxia are you running; 0.1.0 or 0.1.1? I don't recall any relevant changes being made in 0.1.1, but it's important to know which version it is regardless.

- Do you have any other mods (not counting the cosmetic Tianxia ones) active? It seems unlikely another mod would interfere with this, but it's important to know.

- Have you modified Tianxia in any way? That could potentially have introduced some issues.

- The preparation trait being the voyage would be due to d_treasure_fleet existing before it should due to not being properly deactivated at the start. That bit should be fixed internally before long. However, I don't think this would interfere with the preparation other than people getting the wrong trait.

- Assuming you're the EoC, have you been getting somewhat frequent events concerned with the preparation that are not about someone wanting to join it?

- Are you -- and have you been since the start of the preparations -- at peace or only involved in wars as an ally, the holder of e_china, and Chinese Imperial? If not, it should have ended prematurely but apparently didn't.

- Your conquest of all of Asia (assuming it happened prior to the start of the preparations; if you somehow ended up at war during the preparations and that didn't cancel the Treasure Fleet, that's a bug) shouldn't matter, since there's nothing relevant being checked (other than you having the relevant coastal provinces at the start).

- How did you attempt to end it with the console? I'm assuming you fired an event, but which event did you fire in that case? There are a few candidates, and it's important to know which one you used so that it's possible to check if that particular event has issues not found in the others.

The
This really isn't a proper bug report, but...

- Which version of Tianxia are you running; 0.1.0 or 0.1.1? I don't recall any relevant changes being made in 0.1.1, but it's important to know which version it is regardless.

- Do you have any other mods (not counting the cosmetic Tianxia ones) active? It seems unlikely another mod would interfere with this, but it's important to know.

- Have you modified Tianxia in any way? That could potentially have introduced some issues.

- The preparation trait being the voyage would be due to d_treasure_fleet existing before it should due to not being properly deactivated at the start. That bit should be fixed internally before long. However, I don't think this would interfere with the preparation other than people getting the wrong trait.

- Assuming you're the EoC, have you been getting somewhat frequent events concerned with the preparation that are not about someone wanting to join it?

- Are you -- and have you been since the start of the preparations -- at peace or only involved in wars as an ally, the holder of e_china, and Chinese Imperial? If not, it should have ended prematurely but apparently didn't.

- Your conquest of all of Asia (assuming it happened prior to the start of the preparations; if you somehow ended up at war during the preparations and that didn't cancel the Treasure Fleet, that's a bug) shouldn't matter, since there's nothing relevant being checked (other than you having the relevant coastal provinces at the start).

- How did you attempt to end it with the console? I'm assuming you fired an event, but which event did you fire in that case? There are a few candidates, and it's important to know which one you used so that it's possible to check if that particular event has issues not found in the others.

I am running 0.1.1 along with Abdication Plus, Artifact Acquisition and Overhaul, BLG and its Tianxia addon, Cannibal Kings, Cultural Cities remix, Dualwielding Artifact,. Enhanced Raiding, Expanded Traits, Improved Genetics Advanced, In heaven Graphic overhaul lite, Veneration Selection, MOre Runestones, OP Immortals, Parents'Legacy, Restitutor Orbit, Roman Diadem, Sketchy Traits, Temporal can Excommunicate, The Greatest Blot and Trait Softcap Exterminated. I have gotten those events but only once or twice during the whole 5 years. There was a revolt, which gave me an event about the Treasure Fleet having been postponed, but the voyage trait remined and people kept asking to join afterwards. And I tried triggering treasurefleet.503.

Also, in the meantime, another issue have popped up. I was unable to celebrate the Lunar New Year after celebrating it once. Beforehand, I was somehow able to hold both that and the Hanami (not at the same time) as a Chinese Imperial Japanese Buddhist, however both of those decision disappeared after I took them once.

<Snipped>

The issue will be looked at and see if we can recreate it.

For future bug reports, please use the format provided on the front page.

Code:
Game Version:
Game Checksum:
Mod Stage:
Mod Version:
Installation Method:
Additional Mods:
Brief Summary of Issue:

For example:-

Game Version: 2.5.2
Game Checksum: ZWQV
Mod Stage: Alpha
Mod Version: 1.0.1
Installation Method: 1.0.0 + 1.0.1 Hotfix
Additional Mods: Localisation
Brief Summary of Issue: The game crashes when converting from an Indian religion to a Chinese religion.

I am running 0.1.1 along with Abdication Plus, Artifact Acquisition and Overhaul, BLG and its Tianxia addon, Cannibal Kings, Cultural Cities remix, Dualwielding Artifact,. Enhanced Raiding, Expanded Traits, Improved Genetics Advanced, In heaven Graphic overhaul lite, Veneration Selection, MOre Runestones, OP Immortals, Parents'Legacy, Restitutor Orbit, Roman Diadem, Sketchy Traits, Temporal can Excommunicate, The Greatest Blot and Trait Softcap Exterminated. I have gotten those events but only once or twice during the whole 5 years. There was a revolt, which gave me an event about the Treasure Fleet having been postponed, but the voyage trait remined and people kept asking to join afterwards. And I tried triggering treasurefleet.503.

- That's a ton of other mods, and while I don't really think they'll mess with the Treasure Fleet they could easily mess with other things. You may of course use other mods, but be advised that there could be issues.

- The revolt not ending the Treasure Fleet properly seems like the most likely cause of the bug, as the relevant cleanup could miss some part of the cleanup/do it in the wrong scope. I'll look into that.

- Did you get the preparation events prior to the revolt or after/during it? If you only got them prior to the revolt, that rules out a few possible issues.

- Did you trigger treasurefleet.503 for province 2753 (Hangzhou), as opposed to any other scope? If not, could you please try doing that to see if it cleans up the voyage traits (it'll unfortunately not clean up the preparation trait)?

Also, in the meantime, another issue have popped up. I was unable to celebrate the Lunar New Year after celebrating it once. Beforehand, I was somehow able to hold both that and the Hanami (not at the same time) as a Chinese Imperial Japanese Buddhist, however both of those decision disappeared after I took them once.

Those decisions can't be taken while preparing (or journeying with) a Treasure Fleet, so that's probably why they're gone (at least, I could take them multiple times when playing in the region on 0.1.0, and I don't think anything in 0.1.1 would break those decisions). While there unfortunately might be some lingering issues (if firing treasurefleet.503 in the right scope doesn't clean up some other things), you can fire treasurefleet.8 to remove the preparation trait (or look up the trait id and remove it with the console).

- That's a ton of other mods, and while I don't really think they'll mess with the Treasure Fleet they could easily mess with other things. You may of course use other mods, but be advised that there could be issues.

- The revolt not ending the Treasure Fleet properly seems like the most likely cause of the bug, as the relevant cleanup could miss some part of the cleanup/do it in the wrong scope. I'll look into that.

- Did you get the preparation events prior to the revolt or after/during it? If you only got them prior to the revolt, that rules out a few possible issues.

- Did you trigger treasurefleet.503 for province 2753 (Hangzhou), as opposed to any other scope? If not, could you please try doing that to see if it cleans up the voyage traits (it'll unfortunately not clean up the preparation trait)?

Those decisions can't be taken while preparing (or journeying with) a Treasure Fleet, so that's probably why they're gone (at least, I could take them multiple times when playing in the region on 0.1.0, and I don't think anything in 0.1.1 would break those decisions). While there unfortunately might be some lingering issues (if firing treasurefleet.503 in the right scope doesn't clean up some other things), you can fire treasurefleet.8 to remove the preparation trait (or look up the trait id and remove it with the console).
I tried triggering the event in Hangzhou, but I just got another request to join.

I think that I did not get the events after the revolt.

One last thing, I was able to join despite being the EoC. I read it the dev diary that it wasn't suppose to be, right?

I tried triggering the event in Hangzhou, but I just got another request to join.

I think that I did not get the events after the revolt.

One last thing, I was able to join despite being the EoC. I read it the dev diary that it wasn't suppose to be, right?

- It'd unfortunately not clean up the joining since ending the fleet after it's launched doesn't remove some things related to the launch phase, particularly the preparing_treasure_fleet global flag. You could remove that by editing the save (global flags should be near the top if I remember correctly) or by scripting a simple event that cleans up the flag and is triggered from the console (more time-consuming than a save edit).

- That's good, since that would mean additional bits are broken.

- Yeah, that's not supposed to work (since the event chain assumes the EoC isn't involved), though if you manually removed the treasure_fleet_preparation trait before trying that'd explain it. I'll investigate it.

- It'd unfortunately not clean up the joining since ending the fleet after it's launched doesn't remove some things related to the launch phase, particularly the preparing_treasure_fleet global flag. You could remove that by editing the save (global flags should be near the top if I remember correctly) or by scripting a simple event that cleans up the flag and is triggered from the console (more time-consuming than a save edit).

- That's good, since that would mean additional bits are broken.

- Yeah, that's not supposed to work (since the event chain assumes the EoC isn't involved), though if you manually removed the treasure_fleet_preparation trait before trying that'd explain it. I'll investigate it.
I never got the preparation trait. I think that is because when I became EoC, the decision did not show up and I tried to console it, though I am sure that I met all the requirements.

I never got the preparation trait. I think that is because when I became EoC, the decision did not show up and I tried to console it, though I am sure that I met all the requirements.

I'll check to see if it accidentally isn't handed out.

Uhm, should the EoC dying stop the preparation or not?

It should not (unless there's a dynasty change).