• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Both should be fixed in the next version. You can paste the file below in the \map directory (overwrite the existing one) in your Tianxia folder in the meantime if you wish (it'll change the checksum, but that's unavoidable).
Did as directed, and Naaku and Malunay both function perfectly :)
...but then I scrolled over and everything from the Bay of Bengal to Atlantic was offset enough to push most the world into the seas :p Reverted, but might try it again later, in case I messed something up.

Another note, Ryukyu's flavour text says they are able to raid overseas by boat, but are disallowed from raiding.

Did as directed, and Naaku and Malunay both function perfectly :)
...but then I scrolled over and everything from the Bay of Bengal to Atlantic was offset enough to push most the world into the seas :p Reverted, but might try it again later, in case I messed something up.

I don't have anything similar on my computer as far as I can tell. Please check that you replaced the right file (...\mod\Tianxia\map\positions.txt) and provide a screenshot with some of the weird offsets if the issue persists so that I can check that area specifically.

Another note, Ryukyu's flavour text says they are able to raid overseas by boat, but are disallowed from raiding.

That's working as intended, and comparable to e.g. Swedish culture. Neither the Ryukyuan culture nor the Ryukyuan religion will be raiders by default, but if they somehow get access to raiding (e.g. by picking certain HF reformation choices, by having tribal or nomadic religion, or by having a culture or religion that allows raiding (e.g. Mongol culture and Ryukyuan religion, or Ryukyuan culture and Tengri religion)) they'll prefer to raid overseas.[/QUOTE]

That's working as intended, and comparable to e.g. Swedish culture. Neither the Ryukyuan culture nor the Ryukyuan religion will be raiders by default, but if they somehow get access to raiding (e.g. by picking certain HF reformation choices, by having tribal or nomadic religion, or by having a culture or religion that allows raiding (e.g. Mongol culture and Ryukyuan religion, or Ryukyuan culture and Tengri religion)) they'll prefer to raid overseas.
That makes sense. Been sick the past few days, so my delirious mind was slow to the uptake on that :p

I don't have anything similar on my computer as far as I can tell. Please check that you replaced the right file (...\mod\Tianxia\map\positions.txt) and provide a screenshot with some of the weird offsets if the issue persists so that I can check that area specifically.
MEoQJkq.jpg

uRDmo5W.jpg

H8K6CVw.jpg

b4rUnbK.jpg

ZSvV27E.jpg
Followed the previous directions to the letter, got the same result. The new areas to the East line up perfectly, but everything in classic CK2 areas seem to have slid down the board, like someone tilted the table on them.

Followed the previous directions to the letter, got the same result. The new areas to the East line up perfectly, but everything in classic CK2 areas seem to have slid down the board, like someone tilted the table on them.

Huh. Can't reproduce that with the internal dev version, and I've got no idea why it would be odd when the new positions.txt is used with the Open Alpha version, seeing as the offset of the vanilla positions weren't touched.

Hey! Once more, I'm not sure if this is a bug or the intended behavior, but:
Whenever I (as the Chinese Empire) offer a Tributary the "opportunity" to become a higher tier tributary and they refuse, if I go to war with them and then win, they still keep their old tributary tier after the war. Is that working as intended? Because I was under the impression that their tier should upgrade, if I won the war.

Hey! Once more, I'm not sure if this is a bug or the intended behavior, but:
Whenever I (as the Chinese Empire) offer a Tributary the "opportunity" to become a higher tier tributary and they refuse, if I go to war with them and then win, they still keep their old tributary tier after the war. Is that working as intended? Because I was under the impression that their tier should upgrade, if I won the war.

They're supposed to be forcibly upgraded if they lose, so it is likely a bug. Which tier were they?

I think it was Imperial Tributary, but I'll double check today.

EDIT:
Yes, Imperial Tributary doesn't seem to upgrade after the war. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that it's another empire in this case? But I think I saw it happening with some duke level tributaries as well.

Last edited:
Game Version: 3.2.2
Game Checksum: AZCE
Mod Stage: Alpha
Mod Version: 7.1.0
Installation Method: As per readme. Open alpha + content packs, sans mongol portraits, sans khitan unit packs.
Additional Mods: None
Brief Summary of Issue: The game will crash after playing as China for about a year, same as Japan but not as often as China. I played as both of these empires in the 769 and 867 start dates to see if the start date was causing it and found that it was the same for both start dates and that the game would eventually crash.

Game Version: 3.2.2
Game Checksum: AZCE
Mod Stage: Alpha
Mod Version: 7.1.0
Installation Method: As per readme. Open alpha + content packs, sans mongol portraits, sans khitan unit packs.
Brief Summary of Issue: The game will crash after playing as China for about a year, same as Japan but not as often as China. I played as both of these empires in the 769 and 867 start dates to see if the start date was causing it and found that it was the same for both start dates and that the game would eventually crash.

The only currently supported start is the Stamford Bridge bookmark. Issues with other bookmarks are to be expected at this point, and we'll not be releasing any fixes for them as part of 7.1.0 since they're unsupported.

The next version will probably support various earlier start dates, but quite a bit of work remains before we have something that would be considered releasable, and it is too soon to say when it might be ready other than "Not anytime soon".

In version 7.1.0, there is an event where a leader with a martial focus can acquire a Chinese trait. However, the traits themselves were not changed to allow this, so this trait is removed whenever it checks for eligibility. The fix is to add "has_character_flag = chinese_warfare" to the potential list for those four traits in 02_traits.txt, since that's the flag that's added when you have that event.

In version 7.1.0, there is an event where a leader with a martial focus can acquire a Chinese trait. However, the traits themselves were not changed to allow this, so this trait is removed whenever it checks for eligibility. The fix is to add "has_character_flag = chinese_warfare" to the potential list for those four traits in 02_traits.txt, since that's the flag that's added when you have that event.

Fixed, along with a related issue regarding culture.

Playing as Sang Sapurba, lord of Temasek, Vassal of Mauli Empire but the game keep crashing whenever I want to marry my ruler or his heir

Edit: btw, its 3.3.3(SOHY)

I don't believe we've messed with marriages at all, seeing as they're mostly hardcoded, and as there's not been previous reports of buggy marriages it seems a bit unlikely that we've broken them since they're something that everyone probably will be using.

Also, you're playing well after the only start date that's currently supported (Stamford Bridge) if Sang Sapurba and Mauli are around, which can cause bugs, and you're also playing with a vanilla patch that was released more recently than the latest Tianxia update, which also could cause bugs (I wouldn't expect marriages to be affected, but...), so I'm inclined to put this in the "Not our fault!" pile unless it turns out that marriages are broken when playing with the patch and start date that we support and no other possible source of interference (e.g. another mod).

Game Version: 3.3.3
Game Checksum:
Mod Stage: Beta
Mod Version: 0.1.0
Installation Method: Downloaded via the forum thread. Installed the main mod and the content pack.
Brief Summary of Issue: Pagan reform doesn't work. It became available when the requirements were met (Authority, holy sites, the amount of piety). I selected nature, 2 doctrines and leadership but it kept saying I shouldn't leave any slot empty. Not sure if the bug only applies to Korean Muist.
Additionally, the newest release causes lag way more often than the previous version. I hope these will be fixed in next update.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Game Checksum:
Installation Method: Downloaded via the forum thread. Installed the main mod and the content pack.
Brief Summary of Issue: Pagan reform doesn't work. It became available when the requirements were met (Authority, holy sites, the amount of piety). I selected nature, 2 doctrines and leadership but it kept saying I shouldn't leave any slot empty. Not sure if the bug only applies to Korean Muist.
Additionally, the newest release causes lag way more often than the previous version. I hope these will be fixed in next update.
Do your game also have slow responding lag? Like the game just stopped for few moments and then it gets back to normal again then it stopped again and then the same thing continuing endlessly.

My game is freezing constantly in the newest verison.

This isn't a proper bug report.

Game Checksum:

In the future, make sure you include the checksum.

Please post screenshots showing:

- Holy site control + MA + piety (I don't think there's anything wrong here, but...).
- Reformation screen with any non-working but valid (so e.g. no Sea-Bound + Peaceful) configuration selected + tooltip visible.
- A quick rundown of the reformation-related game rules you've selected (including the vanilla one); you can do this in text if it is easier.

I have a couple of ideas as to what might be causing this that I'll take a look at once patching begins. If they turn out to be to blame and can be fixed in a straightforward manner, things might get a bit better than they currently are, but as we're adding things on top of pre-existing content from both vanilla and past Tianxia versions "Performance is worse than it was for the previous version" isn't really unexpected as there are limits to how much we can optimize previous and new Tianxia content (and as we don't want to make a bunch of changes to unrelated content in vanilla that content can't really be optimized at all), which means it isn't necessarily feasible to "pay" for the performance cost of the new additions.

Game Version:3.3.3
Game Checksum:YSXE
Mod Stage:Open Beta
Mod Version:0.10
Installation Method: Downloaded the mod on this forum and install all of the content packs
Additional Mods:none
Brief Summary of Issue:The game is getting lagger in this current version but the thing that annoys me much is the game was so lag to the point it was froze for almost a minute then it became normal again and then it froze again and the cycle continue endlessly. I used many mods with this mod but I also tried to use only this mod and the same issue still occurred, hence i didn't put additional mods above. It makes no difference wether using only this mod and additional mods.

Game Version:3.3.3
Game Checksum:YSXE
Mod Stage:Open Beta
Mod Version:0.10
Installation Method: Downloaded the mod on this forum and install all of the content packs
Additional Mods:none
Brief Summary of Issue:The game is getting lagger in this current version but the thing that annoys me much is the game was so lag to the point it was froze for almost a minute then it became normal again and then it froze again and the cycle continue endlessly. I used many mods with this mod but I also tried to use only this mod and the same issue still occurred, hence i didn't put additional mods above. It makes no difference wether using only this mod and additional mods.

Did you continue playing a save from when you had mods active after deactivating them? If so, that could cause a bunch of extra issues.

As for the lag in general, as previously mentioned "The game is laggier than it was before" is to be expected. Anything we add costs performance, and as we can't optimize things beyond a certain extent and are unlikely to outright remove something the overall performance cost is unlikely to shrink or even remain even.

The game freezing is an issue that will be investigated (and hopefully solved) once patching begins, though if it lasts nearly a minute for you then I suspect your computer (or things you've got active in the background while playing, if relevant) might be part of the problem, seeing as while I've noticed some freezes they've been significantly shorter than a minute despite the fact that my computer isn't particularly fancy.

Did you continue playing a save from when you had mods active after deactivating them? If so, that could cause a bunch of extra issues.

As for the lag in general, as previously mentioned "The game is laggier than it was before" is to be expected. Anything we add costs performance, and as we can't optimize things beyond a certain extent and are unlikely to outright remove something the overall performance cost is unlikely to shrink or even remain even.

The game freezing is an issue that will be investigated (and hopefully solved) once patching begins, though if it lasts nearly a minute for you then I suspect your computer (or things you've got active in the background while playing, if relevant) might be part of the problem, seeing as while I've noticed some freezes they've been significantly shorter than a minute despite the fact that my computer isn't particularly fancy.
I'm using the new save file which is free from all mods,as for freezing problem it wasn't always nearly a minute it's rarely like that but that's the worst freezing I had,most of the time it was around 10 to 40 seconds (I didn't really know exactly how long it was but I'm sure it was around this) but the length of freezing is always way shorter than a minute but my point is,that freezing moment is always happened in a year or two and I'm playing in three times speed. I have a decent gaming laptop RTX 2060 , i5 9300h , and 16 gb ram

Last edited: