Bug Report Multitude of Achievements glitching

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Exdemon

Corporal
Nov 18, 2021
So been playing founders edition on Xbox. Started a fresh game after the official release to get the achievements.

Gotta say been loving the game and looking forward to achievement hunting thru the pre release.

Only problem is several of the achievements are not popping.

For instance:

I have the Mogul achievement. But the lesser ones Merchant & Trader never popped.

I have the Super-friendly achievement but the lesser ones for reputation (Friendly & Really Friendly) won't unlock.

I got the Legendary Adventurer achievement. But again the lesser ones ( Adventurer & Famous Adventurer) are not unlocking.

I got inspiring Inventor but not Rocket Surgeon. (Which side note I think the DEVS messed up because they both have the same description).

I got Legendary Explorer and again the lesser ones (Explorer & Famous Explorer) won't pop.

And I got Great Healer but the lesser ones won't unlock (Healer & Famous Healer).

It seems like the lower requirement ones are not popping if you had old saves from playing pre release. They just glitch out. I have more than done them on my new save as I am already past 100 days on it.

Seems like something needs to be fixed with a patch.

Especially since it punishes players who were into the game before the official release.

Last edited:
Wondering if anyone else is having this issue on Xbox? Or if any devs have ideas on what I should do.

I tried a fresh install no luck.

I even tried deleting all my previous saves (and I really liked some of those colonies) and started with a fresh save. Still no luck so I lost them for nothing.

I was really hoping to be able to 100% the game but with so many glitched achievements I won't even be close.

this is my lists of xbox achievements that should've been unlocked but never did

leader: reach 20 population
explorer: reveal 1 sector
famous explorer: reveal 10 sectors
healer: heal 10 colonists
famous healer: heal 50 colonists
first step: get your first colonists
big game hunter: kill a sandworm
aspiring inventor: unlock 10 technologies on a single playthrough

Last edited:
Heya!

Thank you for reporting these - I will make sure we begin investigating this immediately. Just have to check - did you get the "higher" one from the new game as well? And you are 100% certain it was not a loaded save before the release?

Thanks again for the report - and of course, thank you for playing!

Heya!

Thank you for reporting these - I will make sure we begin investigating this immediately. Just have to check - did you get the "higher" one from the new game as well? And you are 100% certain it was not a loaded save before the release?

Thanks again for the report - and of course, thank you for playing!
Hi,

I deleted all my early access saves and started a new one with the full release.

leader: reach 20 population -> I have the great leader achievement unlocked. I now have a population of 187
explorer: reveal 1 sector -> I have legendary explorer unlocked
famous explorer: reveal 10 sectors -> I have legendary explorer unlocked
healer: heal 10 colonists -> I have great healer unlocked
famous healer: heal 50 colonists -> I have great healer unlocked
first step: get your first colonists -> I did get my first colonists but no achievement
big game hunter: kill a sandworm -> I killed all the sandworms already
aspiring inventor: unlock 10 technologies on a single playthrough -> all technologies are unlocked

thanks in adavnce!

Attachments

• Web capture_22-11-2021_133251_account.xbox.com.jpeg
    Web capture_22-11-2021_133251_account.xbox.com.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
So I found a fix sort of for the achievements. It sucks. But I deleted my saves. Completely from the cloud and my Xbox. I also got rid of the reserved space in the save data. Then afterwards uninstalling and reinstalling. And finally I managed to get the achievement for revealing 1 sector. Hopefully the other missing achievements start popping too. Just sucks because I lost all my colonies again. Just deleting saves did nothing. The thing that seemed to fix them was erasing the reserved space. Now I had done an uninstall before which didn't fix them. Only thing I did different this time was deleting the reserved space from my save data first before uninstalling. So maybe others can try just deleting that without having to uninstall or erase saves and get lucky and have the achievements work for them.

I figured it could at least point you too the needle in a haystack.

It took some experimenting. Honestly I wasn't sure if it would help or not. I got lucky.

So far my new colony is looking pretty cool at least. Plus this one has the benefit of everything I learned from the old ones.

And so far all the achievements that were glitched have been unlocking. So I am getting closer to having them all. Here's hoping the crashing doesn't block me from getting to 300 colonist and 365 days. This time I am not using decorations which seems to be decreasing the crashing. Also using a mix of both houses and two story houses to spread colonist out more. Seems like decorations may have been contributing to the crashing. While I want a decorated colony it makes late game unplayable. So far I am up to day 137 with over 100 colonist and crashes are better than they were. Also I only have 2 or each extractor. Limiting them too. I think part of it is the game can't handle more than 6 ish extractor animations with all the extra decorative structures. So limiting them is needed if going for a big colony on console. Not sure if there is a coding fix you guys could do to help that.

The method from Exdemon worked for me. I deleted the reserved space before uninstalling/reinstalling the game, the lower tier achievements are now popping up after starting a new game.

I have still 4 achievements that remain locked even after deleting the reserved space data and then uninstalling/reinstalling the game

explorer, famous explorer, healer & famous healer

OK, that achievement fired as soon as I built a new entertainment building. I think it doesn't fire if you add the bakery to a colony with 5 entertainment buildings.