• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Today, the lightning tower took a hit that caused 30% damage, and then I started the repair process. But instead of the normal Parts it said the repair requires wood and the endless cycle began. The colonists bring Parts, NOT wood, and the colonist that normally starts the hammer animation is reset as soon as they approach the Lightning Tower. I do not know what is different now. I saved last night, and reloaded this morning, and now the Lightning Tower will not repair and is using up all of the Parts (the symbol is a nut and bolt).

Additionally, now the Wind Turbines that were being repaired ok, no longer are, they are doing the same thing; the repair requirement now says wood, even though the colonists bring Parts and they never repair. I was hoping I could help find a trigger for the devs so they could fix this, but this does not seem like a problem easily fixed when at first the Wind Turbines, Lightning Rods, and Towers seem to work ok, but then later something happens that causes them to go into an endless cycle of repairs. Finding the cause seems difficult when it does not manifest immediately. Back to solar panels and batteries, I guess.

TLDR:
- The Lightning Rod, Lightning Tower, Wind Turbine, and Martian Wind Turbine all endlessly repair once they receive significant damage
- This does not always happen right away, minor hits from space junk can be repaired normally at first
- Only one of the above-listed items needs to receive significant damage to cause all the rest to follow endless repair loops
- The repair item listed changes from Parts (nut and bolt symbol) to Wood (wood planks symbol)
- The colonists keep bringing Parts, causing that inventory item to continue dropping, ultimately affecting other things that use the Parts (nut and bolt) for repair
- This does not happen right away, significant damage seems to trigger it, but it is hard to tell, especially if using a repair depot
- In my testing, after the Lightning Tower took 30% damage the Lightning Rod, Lightning Tower, Wind Turbine, and Martian Wind Turbine all endlessly repair

Same problem here on a XBox One. Damaged wind turbines do not require correct repair items. Removed all game files, uninstalled, downloaded, reinstalled, all files up-to-date including Ultimate Colony DLC, game version 1.24.1.231, started a new game and... turbines need wood for (not) repairs again.

We finally managed to fix this issue on consoles, apologies that it took so long! You'll be able to repair Lightning Rod, Lightning Tower, Wind Turbine, and Martian Wind Turbine properly when the next patch goes live on the 16th of March.

The bug only affected players that had the Ultimate Colony Edition/Upgrade, so luckily you can play the Rebirth DLC on the same day as well.

• 1Love
  • 1Like
Reactions:
We finally managed to fix this issue on consoles, apologies that it took so long! You'll be able to repair Lightning Rod, Lightning Tower, Wind Turbine, and Martian Wind Turbine properly when the next patch goes live on the 16th of March.

The bug only affected players that had the Ultimate Colony Edition/Upgrade, so luckily you can play the Rebirth DLC on the same day as well.
That's fantastic news! Looking forward to not worrying about that, and trying out the new DLC!

• 1Like
Reactions:
I am experiencing this bug on the Fortress Gate, not the power buildings mentioned. I took damage during a bandit fight that brought the gate down to about 22%. survived the bandit attack but the gate is not repairing. In fact it's taking endless supplies of concrete, continues to say 0/28 concrete for the repair and has drained my entire supply of 1k+ concrete. The gate remains at 22% and won't repair.