• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

waumpel

Recruit
May 3, 2019
Hi all,

I think I've found a bug where the cost for hurrying production is not displayed correctly.

===Method of Reproduction===

1) select Builder's Hall for production - cost 100g
2) hurry production - the tooltip says it costs an additional 100g. My total gold is also reduced by 100.
3) when hovering over the Builder's Hall in the production queue, the tooltip says "Cost: 250g"
4) at the end of the turn I have 91(+21)g
5) the next turn, I start with 62g. 50 less than I should have according to my income.

===Game Information===

version: 1.802
build: 28623
platform: Windows 7 (32-bit)
no expansions

===Save File===

Not sure how to include it. It's in the zip file that I attached.

===Screenshots===

01.png

02.png

03.png

04.png

Attachments

• bug_hurry_cost.zip
    5,5 MB · Views: 13
Many thanks for the report! I lately discovered the additional +50 while hovering over, too (don´t know what Building/unit).
But I thought it would be just a visual bug. Will test now..

PS The solution could be that you drop to 30 Production, so you would Need an additional production turn for the Builder´s Hall. Of course it would be strange because IMO the happiness Impact should apply AFTER the hurry, noit while the hurry..

PSII Yes I experienced the same with Goblin T3 Building Beetle´s Command. For me it´s clear that the game adds the additional turn which costs another 50 Gold to hurry up.

Last edited:
The solution could be that you drop to 30 Production, so you would Need an additional production turn for the Builder´s Hall.

Yes, that's the reason why. The city drops from 35 to 30 productions (3 turns to 4 turns for Builder's Hall). The happiness drop from Hurry is immediate.
The weird thing is that it should take the extra 50 gold immediately, not during the next turn.

Could you try doing the Hurry (without ending the turn) then save & quit, then reload the game and see if it updated your gold? It should.

Yes, that's the reason why. The city drops from 35 to 30 productions (3 turns to 4 turns for Builder's Hall). The happiness drop from Hurry is immediate.
The weird thing is that it should take the extra 50 gold immediately, not during the next turn.

Could you try doing the Hurry (without ending the turn) then save & quit, then reload the game and see if it updated your gold? It should.
Not updating the Gold after rejoining. I guess we just Need to Keep an eye on it while playing - there won´t be a way to Change it?!

A scenario is you rush a settler that takes 3 turns to complete, and end up on 49g, build something else for 49g and have 0 gold left.
As Waumpel show, you actually have -50 if the completion of the settler changed from 3 to 4 turns if production decreased:
===Method of Reproduction===

1) select Builder's Hall for production - cost 100g
2) hurry production - the tooltip says it costs an additional 100g. My total gold is also reduced by 100.
3) when hovering over the Builder's Hall in the production queue, the tooltip says "Cost: 250g"
4) at the end of the turn I have 91(+21)g
5) the next turn, I start with 62g. 50 less than I should have according to my income.

None of your units will then not have been paid any of their upkeep - you still sure they dont desert?