BUG - game uses outdated Open SSL preventing 64bit game launch in Windows (I think)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Udohulk

Recruit
Jul 2, 2021
I had a problem running Prison Architect (PA) on a Windows 10 laptop with an 11th gen intel chip. Whereby when launching the 64bit version of PA (Prison Architect64) it would quit on startup before reaching the main menu, though the 32bit version loaded fine.

Upon applying the “temporary fix” detailed in the below page the 64bit version loads ok. Implying that PA used an outdated version of Open SSL abs should be updated to a newer version without the bug that causes the crash on newer processors. Details also in the below web page.

To find the bug details and temporary fix google “open ssl sha crash bug”

I had a problem running Prison Architect (PA) on a Windows 10 laptop with an 11th gen intel chip. Whereby when launching the 64bit version of PA (Prison Architect64) it would quit on startup before reaching the main menu, though the 32bit version loaded fine.

Upon applying the “temporary fix” detailed in the below page the 64bit version loads ok. Implying that PA used an outdated version of Open SSL abs should be updated to a newer version without the bug that causes the crash on newer processors. Details also in the below web page.

To find the bug details and temporary fix google “open ssl sha crash bug”
software.intel. com/content/www/us/en/develop/articles/openssl-sha-crash-bug-requires-application-update.html
(Get rid of the spaces)