• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Owch, but the problem is that early game is somewhat random and a little biased towards defense. Late game just becomes more biased to defense. Force them to attack you where you are strong.

Oh well I learned from that really and utilize the time tried tactic of swamping them in infantry...is good plan

This could be... interesting.

It gets...nice

Viva la Equestria!

Los estadounidenses no pasarán!
Or something close to that.

Update will probably be on the morrow at this point.

I don't really know anything about "My Little Pony" besides seeing my sisters play with them over twenty years ago. However, the seriousness you're treating this with, the way you've modded in events and the glorious absurdity of it drew me in.

You're also a good writer!

Well done, I'm following with interest.

Now now, no credit to me where it isn't mine, I got the mod here. I'm just playing it and acting like I know what I'm doing.

Again, I apologize for the delay in an update, but on a side note Batman is really good. Go see it.

It appears I lied AND slandered. I'm getting pretty busy so the frequency of updates on this will decrease a lot. Apologies to anyone who cared for this.

xL7IE.png

1845​

In the midst of a war for survival, the Equestrian nation had finally struggled into action. Lethargic cogs of military administration, never before utilized due to lack of need were finally urged into movement. On January 5th, 1845 the first ever general mobilization in the history of the Equestrian nation was complete, the herculean task to call up, arm, train and feed an additional 96,000 able bodied mares and colts was successful in no small part thanks to the incredible managing skills of a reluctant Twilight Sparkle. By planning, requisitioning, and at one point cajoling a British trade official, she managed to coordinate the greatest military feat ever performed in Equestria since perhaps the defeat of Nightmare Moon many years back. The large officer reserve was quickly put to use, Generals were sent to their respective Armies, along with lower Commissioned Officers and logistic staff to maintain the chain of supply, although with the system and stockpile of equipment and vittles stored by Twilight the task was only keeping the supply chain, not determining it. Of course for the moment the military was not properly organized into correct Army sizes, but such matters could be dealt with rather quickly. The US Army was still present in Coltfax, but almost right after they repulsed the first Equestrian attack, they packed up their cannon and began marching in the direction of the coastal town of Wakonda, one of the few populous areas in the mostly Griffon state. In the aftermath of the siege of Coltfax, estimates put the number of dead civilians upwards of 400 and the number of wounded nearly three times that number. The state press tried to downplay the story, for fear of permanent damage to the Equestrian psyche, one so unused to the rigors of modern, industrialized war. The story got around though, and the nation felt collectively as if they had all lost something important, Equestria had lost it's clean slate of innocence, no longer the last unsoiled nation on earth. Equestria would defend themselves from those who would seek to destroy more of the nations psyche. Developments that would only harm the already grieving nation were found that same month with the announcement by a group of secluded Earth ponies that Celestia and Luna were not in fact gods of any kind, but simply powerful tyrants posing as gods, and furthermore there are in fact, no gods at all. The news was a slam to the head for the upper class and royalty, now no longer under only physical attack by the Americans, but under character attack from the Atheists.

O5vFL.png

On the Mexican front, it seemed that Santa Anna was more then a bit confused, or if not he was planning some master stroke that no one could see. While American soldiers were invading Texas and Colorado en mass, at about 85,000 troops. The only strange thing to be noted on the Mexican front was the fact that the Central Americans had managed to raise an army of 15,000 and march them all the way from Guatemala City to begin a siege on the rather small city of Oklahoma City. Aside from standing by Equestria in the war against the United States, Celestia could thank Mexico for providing a much more easy target for the Americans. The other news on the foreign front that made quite a shock that year was the British. In declaring war on the Equestrians, the United States had assume complacency would keep any other nation from intervening in the joyful little experiment in colonialism. It was proven wrong already by the USCA and Mexico, and things appeared worse when it was announced by the British Foreign Office that '...The United States of America, in undertaking an offensive sort of war against a peaceful neighbor and in the process upsetting the normally accepted balance of power set about in the Western hemisphere, has gained the ire of her majesty, Queen Victoria, and as such the British military has been mobilized in the name of a policing action with the express intent of returning the balance of power, even if that means harsh terms on the USA.' The announcement was greeted enthusiastically, if not ecstatically in Equestria, with crowds normally impartial to the British consulate cheering outside and when the consuls came and went. Celestia tried to than k them for coming to the aid of Equestria. The consuls stated harshly, that in no term were the British doing this for Equestria, but only as a measure to retain the current balance in the Western hemisphere.

Kbjgp.png

uk2S3.png

For the following weeks, the Equestrians planned under the direct military leadership of Luna, a plan of attack wherein the American armies currently laying siege to the town of Wakonda on the Equestrian coast. Though Luna would have wished for nothing more then to fight and defeat the Americans in even terms, she knew that Equestria needed a win more then anything right now, even an extremely lopsided, totally one sided win. As such, plans were drawn up for a massed counter attack on the unaware American forces. 39,000 Equestrian soldiers were shifted into location nearby, with 6,000 supporting pegasi cavalry and a further support of 3,000 11 pounder Earth pony artillerycrew and cannon. The plan wasn't very complex, as the numeric superiority of nearly 2:1 was expected to play a large role in the plan, but the over-arching plan was this, three groups of 3 herds of infantry were to be formed in semi-arrowhead formations, and marched in at different places along the thin American lines, all the while, both pegasi cavalry units were to be held in reserve until battle was commenced, and then flown over US lines and into the rear, and hopefully into the hostile Artillery as well. Equestrian Artillery was kept back to provide basic support during the attack. The order to begin the move to battle was issued via pegasi messenger on the 28th of February, and in a window of 4 days, the Equestrian 1st Corp would be in combat with the smaller US 12th Division. As battle commenced at the dawn of 3rd of March, Luna watched from above, doing her best to remain steadfast despite the excessive violence below. She was overjoyed as the Americans southern front began to falter, then quickly collapse under the combined attack of 9,000 Infantry-ponies and artillery support, and even more overjoyed as Pegasi cavalry swept over the US artillery, utterly ruining the front, and collapsing the remaining beleaguered Americans in a pocket. After another hour of constant battle, the US force surrendered, and the US Lieutenant General Lanford Seabrooke met with Luna to discuss the terms of his own forces surrender. The battle had been a disaster for the United States, of the original 15,000 US soldiers, around 7,500 were recorded KIA, and a further 6,000 were wounded or unable to continue as fit fighting men. On the Equestrian side a little over 8,000 ponies had perished, the majority (6,000) being Earth ponies in the main attack on the US lines, A further 2,300 were discovered wounded along the battlefield. Almost immediately Unicorn medics and doctors began moving about the field, treating all those who were wounded, regardless of species or race. Thanks to the speed and kindness of the Royal Medical Corp, almost all of those who were wounded managed to survive, a small faction of the total wounded were unable to be saved. News of the victory brought a glimmer of hope to the currently depressed populace of Equestria, many again taking to the streets in spontaneous shows of happiness, sometimes parades, sometimes song, it was rather gay (In the happy sense, alright?) and brought many back to a better time in Equestria. Patriotic fever ran high, and in the final months of 1845 Octavia and the Canterlot Royal Symphony composed and gained approval for the official creation of the Equestrian national anthem, officially titled 'Friendship for all, Equestria Prevails!' the song would go on to be a nation-wide favorite, even more so then most songs produced simply for the goal of popularity. 1845 ended well, Equestria might see it's way safely through the war after all.

64oRK.jpg

The plan (Left) with Equestrian forces in blue, and US units in red. US forces in battle as the front begins to collapse (Top Right). US Lieutenant General Lanford "Lopsided" Seabrooke, Commander of US 12th Division (Bottom Right)
fAX9N.png

Lieutenant General Lanford Seabrooke offering Luna his terms of surrender

[video=youtube;ZISo1NFO7AQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZISo1NFO7AQ[/video]
So ends the year of our Princess' Eighteen hundred and forty five, long may they reign and victory may they bring against the American aggressors!

Aliasing-I'm glad you think so, makes me feel rather glad.

Xeno123-For my playthough I'm going to assume she takes the position of most Royalty, if it threatens her power it is not good.

trekfan-Don't worry, I said slow down, not mothball... I'll keep it going just a bit slower.

Last edited:
Well, Equestria seems to doing a bit better than last time. You've won a major (if lopsided) victory, you've got the world's premier power watching your back, and you have a kick-ass national anthem.

Still, Mexico (and Central America :p) and Britain deserve most of the credit for taking the pressure off your back.
Just don't let anyone figure that out that, and you'll be fine.

Go after that last Idaho province! Unite all the Griffins!
Wow, Luna's tall.

Well, for one thing...there is supposed to be a guy where Luna is, and from the things I've seen ponies are a bit tall, so I figured the royal sisters would be even taller...

Well, for one thing...there is supposed to be a guy where Luna is, and from the things I've seen ponies are a bit tall, so I figured the royal sisters would be even taller...
Kind of figured as much, though still a bit weird when you previously showed Celestia about a head shorter than James K. Polk and Twilight less than half the height of Thomas Campbell.

I guess General Seabrooke is comically short.

Still, you've been doing a really good job with the image editing. I imagine it can't be too easy to put 2D Flash Ponies into 19th century photos/lithographs and have it look good.

Question is though, what would the MLP producers think of this?

Major shrug
I'd assume based on their other interactions with Bronies, and brony stuff, at least ok...

I always have trouble in the fight against America, even with the help of Mexico. I usually just end up being friends with them and supporting the CSA to knock them down from Great Power status.