• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

i64man

Major
33 Badges
Dec 29, 2007
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Semper Fi
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • BATTLETECH: Season pass
  • BATTLETECH: Heavy Metal
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • BATTLETECH
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV
I am trying to install some mods to the game using the BT Mods program. My issue is that my game is on my D drive but the BT Mod folder is on my C drive. How can I get the game to recognized the mods I downloaded?

Thanks.

For the HBS/Paradox install and the GOG install the mods are kept in the documents folder on your C drive (typically Documents\My Games\Battletech\Mods\) this should be easilly accessable from the "My Computer" icon on the default desktop or accessed via the windows key bringing up the start menu. Little different on a win-10 system but win10 can be set to a win 7 desktop emulation for those that aren't fans of the MS product push of the win10 desktop.

The steam install however is a little different. Mods downloaded from the steam workshop have their own install path. check the steam user group on the particularities. Mowever all mods can be installed directly to the Battletech directory by creating a \mods directory and placing the folder for the mods your using into this folder. This does require the use of "Modtek"
(latest version is found on Github.. just do a google serch you'll find in. On git hub check for "relese" versions (it'll be a tab) and thats where you'll find the latest version. Once you have placed Modtek in the mods folder go into the modtech folder and run the modtek injector application.

At this point the game is ready to load the mods you have. Just run the game. they'll be a screen that you'll see where you note mod tech indexing the mod along with any error messages.
Troubleshooting issues is a bit of a trick and can be a frustrating experience but there is plenty of help to be had here so be not afraid to ask.

Best of luck sir...no worries!

@TLRoff Thanks for the answer. I do have Win10 on my system. I tried different approaches yesterday after reading the instructions on the threat, but didn't work. So in the end, I installed ModTek, which I believe the latest version is 0.7.7 and all the mods are working. Thanks for your time.

Pleasure and an honor to assist. The "internal" mod launcher has had a lot of bug fixing done to it since it was incorporated, and the latest version of mod tech can be run inside of the game "default" mod directory, but be not concerned with it. It's just interesting technical tid bits.. ENJOY!

For the HBS/Paradox install and the GOG install the mods are kept in the documents folder on your C drive (typically Documents\My Games\Battletech\Mods\) this should be easilly accessable from the "My Computer" icon on the default desktop or accessed via the windows key bringing up the start menu. Little different on a win-10 system but win10 can be set to a win 7 desktop emulation for those that aren't fans of the MS product push of the win10 desktop.

The steam install however is a little different. Mods downloaded from the steam workshop have their own install path. check the steam user group on the particularities. Mowever all mods can be installed directly to the Battletech directory by creating a \mods directory and placing the folder for the mods your using into this folder. This does require the use of "Modtek"
(latest version is found on Github.. just do a google serch you'll find in. On git hub check for "relese" versions (it'll be a tab) and thats where you'll find the latest version. Once you have placed Modtek in the mods folder go into the modtech folder and run the modtek injector application.

At this point the game is ready to load the mods you have. Just run the game. they'll be a screen that you'll see where you note mod tech indexing the mod along with any error messages.
Troubleshooting issues is a bit of a trick and can be a frustrating experience but there is plenty of help to be had here so be not afraid to ask.

Best of luck sir...no worries!
Steam workshop does not exist for this game, and is therefore the same process for all windows based download platforms. whether it be PDX/GoG/Steam. Using modtek or not is the only thing that changes up where to put them (unless you change the mod location yourself).