• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Lajkonik1301

Recruit
Nov 22, 2021
What should i do to make this already colonized province stop being "developed"?
As ya'll can see by the animation Santo Domingo is being "colonized" and i can't build anything there but i have to since i want to finish "Claim Hispaniola" mission

obraz_2021-11-22_215252.png

Solution
I could have sworn that they fixed Block Settlement Growth in 1.31 to make colonies cancel a colonist already doing development, it's in the subject interaction menu. Either way, you can get them to stop by fully colonizing a province in the caribbean with a land connection to an uncolonized province also in the caribbean. The AI will only send colonists to colonize provinces it has a land connection to, so if you haven't colonized Florida yet send a colonist there and when the colony finishes the AI will stop using settlement growth and start colonizing the provinces in Florida instead, meaning you can build the church or whatever you need in Hispaniola.
It's not broken, your colonial nation is using a colonist to develop the province.
But the problem is that they might not stop doing it. They didn't in my Spanish campaign, but, luckily, not with the provinces, where I needed to build the necessary buildings for the missions.

Reactions:
I could have sworn that they fixed Block Settlement Growth in 1.31 to make colonies cancel a colonist already doing development, it's in the subject interaction menu. Either way, you can get them to stop by fully colonizing a province in the caribbean with a land connection to an uncolonized province also in the caribbean. The AI will only send colonists to colonize provinces it has a land connection to, so if you haven't colonized Florida yet send a colonist there and when the colony finishes the AI will stop using settlement growth and start colonizing the provinces in Florida instead, meaning you can build the church or whatever you need in Hispaniola.

Reactions:
Solution