• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
An Anglo-German detente for Peace, Prosperity and Civilization!

*oops, just missed your announcement. That's a shame, sorry to hear that. This was a very good AAR and I look forward to your next project! If you're taking suggestions, Kaiserreich DH just got a nice update...

Sorry to hear that. Was enjoying this. Yes please for a summary

If you want to do another Darkest Hour modded AAR, Fatherland and Thunder in the Sky are both great post-WW2 alternative history mods, imo.

I'll read whatever you decide to do, though. You are a pretty good writer, especially considering this is your first. :)

Thanks very much, yes both Thunder and Fatherland are great mods although I haven't played either in a long-ass time and would require me to re-familiarise myself with the lore since they're alternate timelines and all...although I hope to get around to doing AAR's for both at some point...as for doing one next? Maybe...maybe

I'd definitely like a summary of what happens. And yeah, being a writer myself, losing work on such a large scale is just shit.

That sucks man.

Do what you think best as the author.

Sorry to hear that. Was enjoying this. Yes please for a summary

Yeah the summary will be done then...will probably make an epilogue of sorts and split it into two parts, Pre-WW2 and the war itself.

An Anglo-German detente for Peace, Prosperity and Civilization!

*oops, just missed your announcement. That's a shame, sorry to hear that. This was a very good AAR and I look forward to your next project! If you're taking suggestions, Kaiserreich DH just got a nice update...

Not so sure about doing a Kaiserreich AAR...I like the mod plenty its just I've kinda played it to death at this stage and I'd rather do AAR's for DH mods that tend to not have many or even any AAR's...but of course I may still end up doing a Kaiserreich AAR anyway we'll see

Maybe try new version of 1914 mod?

Oh yes I'd very much like to do an AAR in the 1914 mod...although I'm thinking to maybe hold off on it for a while since its still a work in progress at the moment...although that said I might end up doing an AAR for it next anyway haha...we'll see

Ouch! :eek: That is most unfortunate news indeed. Still it was great while it lasted, and I'm looking forward to seeing any of your future endeavors :)

Also, put me down as another vote for the summary (EDIT: even if it's a bit unnecessary to have further votes at this point). Always nice to have a little bit of closure.

So, hello again...as promised here's Part One of the Epilogue of this AAR after doing my best to remember what happened...it will just be a basic chronology of important events which, yeah I'm still not happy about having to do it this way but its still better than not ending it at all so here we go...

Epilogue Part 1 (1934-1936)
- In France, a series of demonstrations in February lead to an attempted Far-Right Coup that is defeated by Police in Paris.

- After a Plebiscite the Saarland is transferred from French control to that of the German Republic. There are protests in Berlin for denying Saarlanders the option to rejoin the Kaiserreich instead of the French-puppet Republic which is seen as no different.
- The work programs and reforms by Chancellor von Lettow-Vorbeck have successfully brought unemployment down below 5%...much lower than their Allied counterparts.
- The Anglo-German Naval Agreement is signed between the British & German Empires, allowing the Kaiserliche Marine to possess a Navy 1/3 of the tonnage of their British couterparts. British concerns regarding the rising political extremism in France as well as the increasing power of the Soviet Union are believed to be their main reasons for negotiating this agreement with the Germans.
- Italian leader Benito Mussolini decides to try to regain some of his lost prestige by Invading Abyssinia from his East African colonies. Mussolini is condemned by the League of Nations but ultimately no action is taken against him...once again showing how weak the League is. By December the War would be over with Abyssinia annexed into Italian East Africa.

- Britain & France both have to deal with increasing troubles in their Middle Eastern Mandates as there are demonstrations and violence in Palestine & Syria.
- France and the Soviet Union sign a Pact of Mutual Assistance, creating fears in the German Government of being forced into another two-front war, believing that France is going to join the Comintern and launch a joint Invasion of Central Europe along with the Soviet Union.
- These fears lead to Kaiser Wilhelm III proposing to the British a joint Anglo-German Invasion of France to prevent their fall to Communism...the British however see this as Germany seeking to conquer Western Europe for themselves and this sees them reaffirm their alliances with both France & Belgium in the face of "German aggression". Clearly Britain is willing to ally themselves with the hated Communists if it means keeping Germany weak.
- The next French General Elections are held with the Left-Wing coalition gaining more seats and forming a Popular Front Government with Leon Blum as Prime Minister.
- A Civil War breaks out in Spain between the Left-Wing Republican Government and a Coalition of Right-Wing Nationalists supported by the Italians. Germany takes no interest in this conflict as despite having some sympathies for the Nationalists they are unwilling to support Fascists.
- France and the Soviet Union both support the Republicans, causing fresh concerns in Berlin about this increased cooperation.
- Paul von Lettow-Vorbeck steps down as Chancellor and opts to retire and begin writing his memoirs. The Lion of Africa leaves office with unemployment at record lows and national pride at an all time high...it seems to be the end of an extremely illustrious career.
- In the resulting General Election, the Zentrum Party retains power and the Kaiser appoints Konrad Adenauer as the new Chancellor...

Last edited:
Rather nice to see von Lettow-Warbeck leave on a comparative high

Glad to see this get a proper wrapping-up before too much longer :)

Reading between the lines, it's clear that the British are still playing their usual balance of power games, trying to keep the French and Germans focused on one another so that neither is tempted to meddle in their own affairs.

Erm...do I need to know what happened here? I've been gone for a while and this AAR has been dead for ages so I can't see any reason for people doing...whatever it is they did

Erm...do I need to know what happened here? I've been gone for a while and this AAR has been dead for ages so I can't see any reason for people doing...whatever it is they did
I suggest PMing the mod concerned, as I am fairly sure they will not discuss it publicly (if at all).