• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
czolgosz said:
This sounds great -

Interesting naval combat. I contrast this with BiB's pre-release HOI1 Japan AAR, where he went through the entire war without losing a capital ship.
Yellow Submarine AAR and mountain bike brigade was better:D

Anyway, you shouldn't - this is MP AAR, apples and oranges.

DarthMaur,

Sorry for being OT:

You should't bash cockroaches. They carry their eggs around and you will just have LOADs of baby cockroaches soon. Better fry them with boiling water. It's very effective and sterilizes the floor at the same time.

Sorry, couldn't resist! :cool:

cheers,
Brentor

Darkrenown said:
Replace "Transformers" with "HoI2 naval combat" and you've got my opinion:
http://www.penny-arcade.com/view.ph...004-06-21&res=l
:D

Had no idea your where a Penny Arcade guy (or perhaps Transformers) guy Darkrenown...just don't let any Autobots slip into the game! :)

Seriously, if 90% of that comment is exaggeration, then naval combat will be immensely improved.

Darkrenown said:

Well, I guess that make (at least) two of us, then. Been ages since I read/saw any TF stuff, though...

Darkrenown said:
It's only 30% exaggeration! :D

Hmmm, if ture, that means *does many strange and archaic mathematical calculations* oh my *tries to do a backflip but fails miserably* :D

Seriously, going by the sparse information available above and in other places, naval combat seems to have gone from simply moving ships around to a format that to an extent resembles a couple of old board games, only with a more advanced fog of war.

*crosses thumbs and hopes the above will be at least partially true*

DarthMaur said:
Anyway, you shouldn't - this is MP AAR, apples and oranges.

Yeah, I know - the AI is usually the last thing done, and the thing I'm most worried about.

But there's obviously huge mechanical differences in naval combat between HOI and HOI2, if entire battle fleets are getting sunk and players are losing multiple carriers in single strikes.

Brentor said:
DarthMaur,

Sorry for being OT:

You should't bash cockroaches. They carry their eggs around and you will just have LOADs of baby cockroaches soon. Better fry them with boiling water. It's very effective and sterilizes the floor at the same time.

Sorry, couldn't resist! :cool:

cheers,
Brentor
Lol, this must be my best sig ever... (not that i have many). In just a week two persons give me advice how to treat my little pet 'animals' :D

And to answer... i guess that must be the reason their average size decreased so much lately, but the numbers keep rising :eek:

czolgosz said:
But there's obviously huge mechanical differences in naval combat between HOI and HOI2, if entire battle fleets are getting sunk and players are losing multiple carriers in single strikes.
It's the way that naval combat is handled that has me enormously intrigued.

Let's apply "movement is attack" to naval warfare. Carriers can launch sortie after sortie, and perhaps the fleets can close to surface engagement range (definitely if they are only surface combatants; only a possibility with carriers involved), fleets can stumble around in searching for their enemy, and enemy supremacy can force one side to leave the contested seazone without being annihilated/mauled to 0 org.