• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I have to re-ask my question...is all the battlescenarios consisting of regimental level or is this only in the pacific and Afirca?

Hey i understand if you cant/wont answer but if you can please do... :p

Johan said:
Meanwhile the japanese mops up whats left of the Philippines and land on Borneo.
The UK guys takes this as an insult and scuttles their fleet to attempt to take out the invading fleet."
Just one tiny bit of nitpicking ...

The UK scrambled their fleet. Well in the end the fleet got sunk by the hands of the IJN, but to call that scuttling ....

(scruttling is the sinking of ships by the hands of their own crew ;))

Jan Peter

eye-switcher said:
I have to re-ask my question...is all the battlescenarios consisting of regimental level or is this only in the pacific and Afirca?

:p

depends.

eye-switcher said:
Cristal clear :D
on what , if i might ask?
You mean some of the other battlescenarios outside Africa and SP. is on regimental lvl. but not scenarios like for instance barbarossa? :rolleyes:

there are enough screenies from which you can deduct the answer yourself..... :)

jpd said:

The UK scrambled their fleet. Well in the end the fleet got sunk by the hands of the IJN, but to call that scuttling ....

Jan Peter
In sports, you might call it a walk-over :D

Maximilian I said:
there are enough screenies from which you can deduct the answer yourself..... :)

I'm a little nuts with the regiments, brigades attachments...

i.e. In the Afrika Korps screeny, you can read:
Erwin Rommel. 15th Panzer Division.
At the same time: 2 divisions
and on the screen, one Pz rgt and an infantry brigade...

So....?

Seriously, anybody understands?

javiermcabo said:
I'm a little nuts with the regiments, brigades attachments...

i.e. In the Afrika Korps screeny, you can read:
Erwin Rommel. 15th Panzer Division.
At the same time: 2 divisions
and on the screen, one Pz rgt and an infantry brigade...

So....?

Seriously, anybody understands?

My take on the whole thing is:
The smallest possible unit is a division ...
One can build (or have pre-defined scenario specific) half-strengthed divisions (i.e. max. strength = 54) ...
For historic flavour these understrength divisions can be renamed brigade and regiment ... they're still divisions though ...

Therefore Rommal can have under his command a corps of 2 divisions (108 total strength), and these divisions can be designated brigade and regiment ... the corps itsself is given the name of "division" but its really a HOI1-style corps ...

all this is IMO is done in this N.African battle-scenario to represent the smaller scale armed conflict that took place in this theatre ... IIRC the Afrikakorps never consisted of more than 3 divisions ... in HOI1 that would not give you a lot of flexibility for flanking maneouvres and such ...

Disgustoid said:
My take on the whole thing is:
The smallest possible unit is a division ...
One can build (or have pre-defined scenario specific) half-strengthed divisions (i.e. max. strength = 54) ...
For historic flavour these understrength divisions can be renamed brigade and regiment ... they're still divisions though ...

Therefore Rommal can have under his command a corps of 2 divisions (108 total strength), and these divisions can be designated brigade and regiment ... the corps itsself is given the name of "division" but its really a HOI1-style corps ...

all this is IMO is done in this N.African battle-scenario to represent the smaller scale armed conflict that took place in this theatre ... IIRC the Afrikakorps never consisted of more than 3 divisions ... in HOI1 that would not give you a lot of flexibility for flanking maneouvres and such ...

You might be right.
I'm impressed by this deductive process...

Johan explained the whole regiment / division issue a couple of days ago. Yes hes correct that to make regiments the divisions are set to a max of 1/2 1/3 str. this way regiment scale conflicts can be handled while still using Divs as the games smallest unit size.

Well, it would appear that extensive practice with a partner is going to be critical in a success of a mp coop game. That or extensive abuse of your employer's/school's/rich uncle's phone :D

Or maybe a bundled VOIP client?

There are several good VOIP freeware progs out there. I would bet they would work perfect. I know they always gave us a huge MP advantage in our MP RTS games. ( warcraft, starcraft, TA: kingdoms etc and more recently Warhammer 40k :) )

jpd said:

Jan Peter

The UK sallied their fleet.

Scrambling is what it's called when aircraft intercept other aircraft.

A fleet sallies. ;)

Well, at least it wasn't scuttling :D

Jan Peter

jpd said:
Well, at least it wasn't scuttling :D

Jan Peter

Perhaps this "scuttling" typo was made because there is an option to scuttle ships instead of them fallling into enemy hands when the base province gets occupied by enemy forces?
Looking at the AAR, it seems ships do not sail :rolleyes: instantly out of port as they do in HOI....