• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

cegorach

Colonel
3 Badges
May 5, 2007
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Darkest Hour
  • 500k Club
There were the times when Poland dominated the entire central-eastern Europe.

765px-IRP1658.png

But things change... After the end of the 1794 Uprising
Panorama_Raclawicka8.jpg

478px-Rp_1794.jpg

came the dark times...

765px-Rzeczpospolita_Rozbiory_3.png

On the 26th January 1797 in St.Peterburg the three powers signed the treaty 'in order to eliminate everything which could remind the existence of Kingdom of Poland (...) never to use the name 'Poland' which should be fogotten FOREVER'...

International situation changed that quickly. Poles found a new ally.

494px-Napoleonbonaparte_coloured_dr.png

And fought with him against the three powers and Napoleon's enemies like the UK.

800px-Bitwa_pod_Fuengirola3.jpg

After Waterloo hope was lost...

but only for a couple of years.

Each generation rebelled.

in 1830 .
Bitwa_pod_Ostroleka-1.jpg

Olszynka.jpg

in 1846

in 1848

in 1863

in 1905

Stanislaw_Maslowski_Wiosna_roku_190.jpg

Every time to no avail... The 'cursed alliance' was too strong. Was the fate of Poland to rise only to see more

lost battles...

Sowinski_na_szancach_Woli.jpg

oppression

Rok_1863_Polonia-1.jpg

and death...

800px-1863.jpg

Were suffering or emigration the only choces left ?

Fortunatelly the liberation came...

Only with the end of the old order Poland could rise again !

Only in the mad bloodshed the liberation could come.

The_Second_Battle_of_Ypres.jpg

800px-German_infantry_marching_1914.jpg

And the sacrifice was large - circa 3 500 000 people living on Polish territory perished or escaped never to come back ( 14,9 % of the population), changing frontline and scorched earth tactics devastated the economy of divided territory of Poland with over 30 % drop in production and wealth between 1913 and 1920.

Liczenie_poleglych.jpg

Ostfront_mai_1915.jpg

Sometimes from a handful of people a mighty movement can be born

771px-Kielce_pilsudski.jpg

During the Great War numerous purely Polish units were formed by rivaling powers, but only the 'austrian' Pilsudski's Legions made the real impact starting a series of events which led to the creation of several Polish formations from Russia to France
Haller_and_blue_army.jpg

and ... Japan.

Finally as Józef Pilsudski predicted and announced during a lecture in Paris in 1913 Russia was defeated by germany which were defeated by the Allies. Together with destruction of Austro-Hungary it really made it possible.
THE INDEPENDENCE !

Despite 123 years of political separation with more than a dozen of different political groups the government was formed quickly.

Pilsudski_and_Paderewski.jpg

And the army of course.
Polish-soviet_war_1920_Polish_de-1.jpg

from cavalry

Bitwa_pod_Komarowem_w_1920_roku.jpg

to airforce

Dywizjon_Kosciuszki.jpg

The early years of re-born Poland were marked by numerous wars

against Germany in Greater Poland and Silesia

against Lithuania in Sejny and in Wilno.

against Ukraine

Orleta.jpg

against Czechoslovakia

and finally against the 'Reds'
Lenin_Validmir.jpg

of Russia

Wars were won
Polish-soviet_war_1920_Aftermath_of.jpg

or lost ( with Czechoslovakia) - sadly NONE of those could be avoided old or new animosities couldn't be put aside in time of change like this when compromise seems to be the only impossible choice...

Another generation had to pay the ultimate price

742px-Powazki_1920.jpg

But this time is was finally awarded the Second Republic was born !

782px-Rzeczpospolita_1920.png

NEXT - the early years and new/old dangers ahead.

========================================================

Welcome to my first and most likely last AAR.

I have started playing yesterday with the intention to write an AAR. I usually play for pure fun so it will not happen again. Still my game is really amazing in terms of pure luck with one particular event...
But that will have to wait...

Time for some specs, custom rules etc.

LEVEL - normal (hate IC cuts)/ aggressive ( furious makes the AI too reckless).

MOD - 1934 revolutions

DD Armageddon with TECHTEAM takeover (my prize for victories, but I will not use the new teams every time) and ending date in 1958

I also allowed democratic states to declare wars.

And yeas I am playing to conquer the world - or at least the largest powers, so I suspect the supper will be eaten in Los Angeles or perhaps in Tokio if USA falls quickly, but for now I need to deal with more serious problems.

Regards Cegorach

P.S> I have finished my 2 year in the game and already fought a couple of wars.

I have no real experience with AARs except reading some so be gentle with me. :rolleyes:

Looks cool, good luck!

Guangxi said:
good start. i recommend getting 1939 infantry as soon as possible.

I didn't have time to do so really...

chefportnen
One event that you've achieved with pure luck... did the Germans back down in "Danzig or War?"

I am playing 34 mod and I am still in 1937...

The event was so important that I will leave the READERS the choice what should I do.

gosam

Wonderful intro!

It is not finished yet ;) In the next part I will explain the political, ethnical and international situation in the region.

TO ALL.

I am going to play the mod in semi-historical way so I will DOW states after giving specific reasons which should be realistic, though for now I have no justification to fight the USA, but I will find one eventually ;)

Good there are Polish communities everywhere - they will act as the Fifth Column in my game, I guess. :cool:

That was difficult time, but nothing unusual in european history if you check history of virtually all other states.

2 new updates tomorrow - will end the introduction, give my excus... justification ;) for expansion and show the initial moves. :cool:

I liked the intro, a lot of pics are always good. And I'm quite sure you will continue as good as you started.

Good luck!

CHAPTER 3 - DARK FUTURE - why do we fight ?

*** Attention ! Please read it first without clicking on any links in the text - that might spoil the effect ****

============================================================

NOISE of metallic clatter *tracks ?*, sirens screaming like wraiths from hell *... ???*, something is coming, moving quickly...
The AT crew waiting - 'they won't pass !' Here they come covered with a cloud of dust. The vehicles are closing quickly...
Two groups of people meeting on a bridge - 'why are going there, haven't you heard the stories ?'. 'Fools do you think they *who ?* will leave us alone ?'.
Refugees moving along a road... *when was it ?* terrible noise, machine fire cuts them down, the airplane turns for another pass...
The AT cannon destroyed, its crew dead. Two tanks burning before them. The smell of scorched flesh *how can I feel it ?*. The infantry moves ahead 'take cover !' EXPLOSIONS ! Screams 'Mutti !', 'Mamo !' almost at the same time *the Great War ?*.
The Royal Castle burning, centuries old sculptures broken to pieces...
Soldiers eating breakfast. Tanks refuelling. An iron-skinned monster appears on the railroad. '... I will never see Munich again...' *... Germans... ?*
City burning. 'There is no place left here ! go away !' - said a voice from below.
Bulletproof Mercedes G4a drives through Warsaw... 'Why the F*** didn't you blow this up ?' 'The order was cancelled - they are keeping 400 hostages - we can't condemn them to death the war will not last long...' *assassination ?*
Officer reporting 'cannon ammunition left - zero ... we must capitulate'... * Kleeberg ?*
An orderly man listening... ' so you see that we are doing all what we can the line will be breached soon' *...how can I understand French ?*
People reading 'for the recent criminal acts against the authorities the following people will be hanged Miroslawski Stanislaw, Zajac Zbigniew, Kowalczuk Stefan...' *...I don't remember anything like this...*
'Can't you see they are acting like animals, we need to stop that ! '. 'Tell that to the Austrian'.
Young officer describes his idea - 'When I infiltrate the camp and establish the resistence cell we can coordinate it with the British bomber command and our combat units on the ground'. 'Do you really think it is possible ?' *...camp ?...'
A middle aged man writes slowly '...By my death, I wish to...' HE stops there thinking about family....
THE SONG ... An eerie voice of a woman 'through burning meadows of blood' *...APOCALYPSE ???......*
Two young men listen to a girl: ' Red Poppies on..' *.....*
===========================================

Walery Slawek wakes up, cold sweat dripping from his chin...
* A dream ?* goes to the bathroom in his Warsaw office. * So real...*.
Comes back and pours crystal clear liquid to the glass. *Side effect of guilty conscience...*.
*No wonder these dreams happen lately so often*.
*This time it was exceptionally realistic...*, *Prophetic ??*
*Yeah right, God found a worthy subject to hear his warnings - this Polish megalomania, damn 'Dziady ', truly I would be a great prophet to my people* - he smiled.

*Let's not forget about our dear 'bomb them to pieces' Rayski, never enough airplanes don't you ? That explains all those bombing in the dream. But tanks ??? ...perhaps distant memories of Sikorski's theories I am sure. how is this book titled ? 'Future war-something..' we cannot afford it anyway... maybe later. Add to that old conspirator's memories and you have everything for another nightmare...*

*Too many warmongers...* ....he laughed 'Spoken like a true pacifist !' *too much alcohol - I am starting talking to myself...*.
Yes... 'so the only choice is war ?' he asked over 3 months ago. 'Yes this is the only choice and we will be ready ! *Damn Rydz-Smigly always so eager to please the 'old man '*. *Still it was quite funny to see the 'grandpa' shattering Rydz without a single word. Yes he can do that so well..*
'Yes, there is no other choice' said Pilsudski. Daladier refused as you know, they will hide behind this huge fortification line they like so much...'. Having the non-aggression pacts with Hitler and another with the Soviets only buys us some time.'
"Having these pacts, we are straddling two stools. This cannot last long. We have to know from which stool we will tumble first and when that will be." - he quoted. *Yes, indeed we ned to secure our future on our own... guilty concience is a small price to pay..*.

*Soon Office 2 will move ahead with their actions to provoke useful incidents to explore. The events are already in the motion.*
'Through the conquest do we earn our salvation ?'... 'Let it be no damnation...' - he muttered...

===================================================

I have chosen Walery Slawek because of his almost proverbial honesty - almost naive one, though the man was experienced conspirator and political leader he was also an idealist - as many in that generation.

In real life he was supposed to replace Pilsudski, but after his death was beaten by Rydz-Smigly and president Moscicki and removed from power.
He surely watched the growing power of Germany and Soviet Union with fear and was aware how fragile were the alliances with France and the UK.
On the second April 1939 at 20.45 (same hour Pilsudski died) he commited suicide in his Warsaw flat...

There really was an assassination attempt on Hitler's life in Warsaw on 5th October 1939. 500 kg TNT hidded during the time of capitulation of the capital was to be used by the undeground. The plan was ready and the action was started, but either the expectation of severe repressions (those 400 hostages for example) or hand of fate saved Hitler. noone expected such terrible times - German occupation in 1915-18 was quite light, so no wonder.

Regards Cegorach

Last edited: