• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(81390)

Maharaja of Fenno-Scandia
4 Badges
Jul 31, 2007
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Victoria: Revolutions
First of all, let's make this clear, as this is my first AAR, this will be an all gameplay AAR, that might change, but I'll be more comfortable this way

Egypt, here it is... Lots of poor provinces bordering poor countries with whom I have a truce with... I don't have truces with the Arab nations or the OE and I don't know about Sannusiyya (Libya), but that doesn't matter, as they're allied to the OE
ScreenSave12.jpg

My plan will be to civilize as fast as possible, and my mastermind has found the four possible scenarios:
1. Surrender to OE after a while and civilize by researsching lots of techs
2. Defeat OE and civilize by researsching lots of techs
3. Surrender large to OE and Britain and civilize by event
4. . . . . I don't remember the fourth option, but I remember that it was the best one! Oh well, I'll have to use one of the other three....

Now, here's some info for you:

Only Misri is national :(
ScreenSave13-1.jpg

There's an anarcho-liberal party to, but they're not important :p
ScreenSave14.jpg

ScreenSave16-1.jpg

I over-tax the rich 'cause it's only aristos anyway, their money is better spent by me :p
ScreenSave17.jpg

You'll probably recieve a "real" update by tomorrow...

Ah this had to be done. You are either brave or insane... or both, hence why i already am loving this AAR!

VIP does include some civilizing by event, but it will require from you some sacrifices.

If I were you, I won't tax the rich so much, as they will degrade. And you will lose their bonuses in RGO and counsciousness...

Will be following this. :)

robou Brave or insane... I'm not sure which, me either, but if I fail tragicly in an AAR it's better then failing tragicly alone

Emp_Palpatine I know that the civilizing requirenments in VIP are hard, but Egypt have a shortcut!
Though I'm not completly sure it really is a shortcut :wacko:

Force Change Beating OE will be very difficult in VIP, as the Great Powers are likely to intervene...
If I surrender by event to the OE, Britain will do me a favour, a large favour... ;)

I hate that colour :(.

Ahura Mazda said:
if I fail tragicly in an AAR it's better then failing tragicly alone

i like that! it's good AAR thinking!

Smart move by taxing the aristos to death, indeed.

He earns some needed cash, and reduces the rich tax group, which means (probably) planned future capitalists promotions will earn money faster- and thus industrialize faster.

I think most of the games in which you already have most of your national pops under your control by game opening should use this strategy, since aristos money is lost most of the time, because you want to support industrialization by detaxing capitalists - and unfortunately, they "share" the same part of your global income...

Egypt is a nice nation to play

1st real update!

I won't tell you about events in far-away nations until I civilize, but these are close enough

fezzan.jpg
PERreform.jpg

These isn't exactly unexpected, but they're still bad, a civilized Persia could give us some headache, but probably only because they wouldn't be recruiting natives anymore :p

jominian.jpg

And I choose Jomonian
jominian2.jpg

As Egypts main exports are grain, fruit and cotton and our only other export is livestock, we're losing money :(
budget.jpg

But if you guys buy more sphinx miniatures, we're saved!
Exoticism.jpg

I discover that I have 20 leadership points! The general I get is good! :D
Ibrahim.jpg

Here's an overview of our armed forces:
Syria.jpg

Two separate single division inf. units, one of three irr. and one of two cav. commanded by Pasha Muhammad Ali's son Ibrahim

I have some irregulars in the south, to protect me from eventual rebellions
Sudan-Arabia.jpg

Hope u will surive the ottomans / English

Jominian is probably the better choice, seeing you will be at war sooner than later. Lets hope that economical situation gets better soon!

EDIT: Also like the new name ;)

Last edited:
I do not know VIP, but no surrender, no retreat! (no Emir, Khalif, whoever would willingly surrender land to enemies)

Davisx3m I'm quite sure I will survive, but I'm not sure how much of me that survives...

robou There's another event for uncivs, smuggling of artifacts, that'll help my economy, but I've got a bankloan already :(
Artifacts.jpg

I changed the name for even if I get a Caliph, he will probably not stay forever, "Brave or Insane" is more likely to be true longer...

Colonel Bran, zdlugasz I'm afraid that Pasha Muhammad Ali will have retreat and fight another day, if I give up to the British now and civilize, I could beat up the OE later when they're alone...

Last edited:
Great choice! I was thinking of doing an Egyptian AAR a while back- they can be very interesting to play as. And it might be least difficult to civilise by event (though I don't know exactly how it works in V:IP) and then make a late surge as it were, but I'm sure you have your own plans!

Let's start this update with some boring screenies, that maybe, maybe not, will be important later:

The Brits sieze Aden, not good, but what can I do about it?
Aden.jpg

Maybe this will help me beat the British?
superiorcrew.jpg

Diamonds! Mwahahaha! I'm rich!
Massua.jpg

Or not... I cut the army investments in a desperate attempt to save the nations ecomy
budget-1.jpg

Then it comes!
requestforhereditarystatus.jpg

OEresponce.jpg

IbrahimSyria.jpg

FRAdistance.jpg

2ndOriental.jpg

The budget is in red to support the army, but here we come!
Front.jpg

War!!!