• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Nov 4, 2006
Hello,

I have been playing For the Glory but am encountering difficulties, I am swiftly running out of Money. I have the slider set at the furthest left of the Treasury/Budget slider to avoid Inflation but this causes too much of a drain on my cash. Sliding the slider to the right leaves me open to widespread inflation and greatly harms my land, naval and other sliders. Any suggestions as to solve this at all? Thanks.

1.) Army and naval maintenance on 50% (max to the left) during peacetime - raise it only once you have some serious rebellions, or, well, once there's a wartime.
2.) Keep your numbers small early game - if you'll check army menu (two swords next to country's shield in top-left corner?) there's "Supportable Amount" value. That shows how many soldiers can you upkeep atm. If you are crossing this value you're paying much more moniez so be aware of that.
3.) Bailiffs. Not sure if you promoted them. They're essential since they're ramping up yearly income (that given every January) like crazy. It should help you a lot.
4.) Don't be afraid hitting 0$ if necessary. If you're not over support limit (#2) and maintenance isn't at 100% (#1) then you have nothing to worry about. It's better than inflation.
5.) Minting (adding money to treasure) - only in extreme situations, like when you have to repay loan early on the game. Later on you'll be mass-minting for a 5 or 6 years to build some manufactories. Sometimes you might mint for a few months to cover current expenses (like Portugal and colonization). But be vary, inflation is sick bastard. Once you hit infra 5 you can promote governors - they'll bring inflation down for ya.

That's all I guess.