Branch Office Browser or Are QoL updates still planned for older DLCs?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Tzunki

Sergeant
68 Badges
May 10, 2017
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Prison Architect
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Season pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Premium edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Deluxe edition
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Stellaris
There are already massive threads on this topic / request. But no answers can be given because the forum warns you that the entry is too old.

Hence my question if a branch office browser will come?

Is there something planned with the new patch? Or are the old DLCs internally completed and QoL improvements are no longer developed?

Reactions:
A Branch Office manager would be good with some sector "automation" (repair only) because searching for destroyed building when you have 50+ branch office is annoying at best
(there no icon for destroyed building)

Reactions:
Criminal Syndicates were useless (easy to close the branch office). All types of Mega Corp branch offices had terrible return to investment ration.

And the Changes in 2.6? Criminal Syndicates can now use standard diplomancy. You could'nt make this up. Perhaps there are unlisted changes (would not be the first time), but I get the feeling that MegaCorp is an abandoned DLC.

Reactions:
Unfortunately I could not find QoL changes for branch offices in the patch notes.

Did I read wrong or are MegaCorps now working as expected
Yes, the money you paid for it is in Paradox's account.

• 8Haha
Reactions:
There are already massive threads on this topic / request. But no answers can be given because the forum warns you that the entry is too old.

Hence my question if a branch office browser will come?

Is there something planned with the new patch? Or are the old DLCs internally completed and QoL improvements are no longer developed?

Eladrin made a post saying that they are working on some QoL improvement, but it's too soon to speak about it.

I really don't want to discredit him, but regarding the total shitstorm those days, I don't understand which harm could be done by just letting us know what are they working about.

Wait and see, hope for the best, prepare for the worst...

• 2Like
Reactions:
Criminal Syndicates were useless (easy to close the branch office). All types of Mega Corp branch offices had terrible return to investment ration.

And the Changes in 2.6? Criminal Syndicates can now use standard diplomancy. You could'nt make this up. Perhaps there are unlisted changes (would not be the first time), but I get the feeling that MegaCorp is an abandoned DLC.
Criminal Syndicates should be able to use standard diplomacy. Not every empire is above working with criminals, nore is their traits ever going to be particularly requiring the limitations of diplomacy.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Criminal Syndicates should be able to use standard diplomacy. Not every empire is above working with criminals, nore is their traits ever going to be particularly requiring the limitations of diplomacy.

The point was not that they should'nt be able to use full diplomacy (what ever that means in a Stellaris context) but that the Devs thought "Job Done".

Reactions:
And again, the browser didn't make it. Maybe then with 2.9.

I would be interested in how the developers play a MegaCorp with many branches. Maybe they have a trick to find the best locations, which I don't know yet

Reactions:
And again, the browser didn't make it. Maybe then with 2.9.

I would be interested in how the developers play a MegaCorp with many branches. Maybe they have a trick to find the best locations, which I don't know yet
The answer to that is surprisingly simple, they don't.

The MegaCorp update is now available for the console. Since I don't have a console, I wanted to ask how the best branches are found there. Do you have to click on every system individually and check every inhabited planet? Or do you have a QoL tool like the Colonization Browser?

The MegaCorp update is now available for the console. Since I don't have a console, I wanted to ask how the best branches are found there. Do you have to click on every system individually and check every inhabited planet? Or do you have a QoL tool like the Colonization Browser?
There is no specific QoL but in early game, basically you build a Branch Office on other Empire capital planet and in the planet manager there are arrows to navigate between their planets so you can check every planet fastly

And again no way to simply look for good branch locations. It's a shame that the unpopular kid MegaCorp is still unpopular. Let's hope for 4.0.

Reactions:
And again no way to simply look for good branch locations. It's a shame that the unpopular kid MegaCorp is still unpopular. Let's hope for 4.0.
Maybe there will be another anniversary patch in summer :)

My QOL wishlist would be:

1. Branch office expansion planner (just copy the expansion planner UI)
2. Army manager (just copy the fleet manager UI)
3. Megastructure construction sites in outliner (plus a warning if you accidently give new orders to the construction ship)

Reactions:
When you check one of your branch offices, the left/right scroll buttons in the colony screen can be used to browse the other colonies owned by the same empire - even while in the branch office tab. When I learned this was possible, megacorps became playable for me.

That being said - having a single, sortable list of accessible colonies would be far superior to having to scroll through every single colony, one colony at a time, one empire at a time.
I thought this is only on the console version. I'll try it out with 3.0 next week