Branch Office Browser or Are QoL updates still planned for older DLCs?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Flipping hwhat? Have you taken leave of your senses? The fleet manager is an abysmal mess that needs to be excised from the game, not copied.
It's better then nothing, and an army manager wouldn't have nearly the same issues (eg, no update problems, since armies don't update, and producing extra ships isn't an issue since armies are dirt cheap).

And again, unfortunately, no love for the MegaCorps. Maybe with 3.8. I don't want to give up hope.

Tbf pretty much all of the new stuff applies to megacorps. They can use the origins and civics, benefit from cloaking, and I might be going mad but I thought I saw holdings on primitive planets during one of the streams.

But yeah, a branch office planner would be fantastic. Given that the request has been around since 2018 though it doesn't seem like it will ever be made.

Reactions:
At this time we do not have a branch office planner as a high priority.

When you check one of your branch offices, the left/right scroll buttons in the colony screen can be used to browse the other colonies owned by the same empire - even while in the branch office tab.

This is how I find decent planets to build branch offices on. Generally the capital and first world or two are the prime locations.

Reactions:
The absurd difficulty I have placing Branch Offices is the entire reason I never play MegaCorps. Improving the MegaCorps user experience should be a top priority for the custodians. If a mod can do it, Paradox should be able to, too. Please prioritize this change to the game.

• 1Like
Reactions:
At this time we do not have a branch office planner as a high priority.

This is how I find decent planets to build branch offices on. Generally the capital and first world or two are the prime locations.
I've started to hover over commercial pacts on the diplomacy screen. I'm quite happy that it now lists the best potential planets in the tooltip... if you have enough intel.

Tabbing between planets doesn't work quite as well because the branch-office tooltip no longer shows the estimated output without having the influence and energy to make the branch office, so you have to tab, click to make the branch and then checking the tooltip to compare and that's far too many clicks.

It's really clunky no matter what you do. I really hope eventually there's some improvements. Megacorp as a DLC has rough edges that need some polish. My list of issues with the Megacorp DLC:
1. Ecumenopolis planets just delete features rather than having any sort of feature swaps (so only ex-relic worlds have any features at all)
2. Caravaneers aren't balanced and keep offering you really bad trades you can't afford even when you tell them no.
3. The slave market sells out instantly making it a bit useless and annoying to use. I'd rather buy and sell +growth from immigration
4. The galactic market doesn't have any graphs. Graphs are fun.
5. Obviously... no Branch office planner that lists all potential locations in a sortable list

So I hope the Custodians eventually work on Megacorp DLC as there are a lot of features that still feel very incomplete and even a little broken to me.

Reactions:

I think this is what everyone does but it feels like a hassle where every few years you have to sweep through every possible planet in each empire rather than having an easy-to-read list.

I appreciate it's not a high priority but I do hope that it's at least somewhere on the "would be nice" list.

Reactions:
Finger crossing that one of the developers has a love for the MegaCorps. Two DLCs in such a short time, maybe this time we'll get the branch browser

• 3Like
Reactions:
Finger crossing that one of the developers has a love for the MegaCorps. Two DLCs in such a short time, maybe this time we'll get the branch browser
Yeah man. This time for sure.

Attachments

• 20230504_164437.jpg
    20230504_164437.jpg
    82,5 KB · Views: 0
  • 8Haha
Reactions:
Unfortunately, with 3.9 again no luck. There were so many updates for old DLCs. This is already a good way. Hopefully they will go much further. My hope is now on 3.10.

• 3Like
Reactions:
4. The galactic market doesn't have any graphs. Graphs are fun.
Can we also have a newspaper popup that appears every year featuring subheadlines like "price of consumer goods skyrockets, merchant pops build more industrial districts to try and meet demand" and "food prices reach new lows" along with other galactic news stories

• 3Like
Reactions:
Can we also have a newspaper popup that appears every year featuring subheadlines like "price of consumer goods skyrockets, merchant pops build more industrial districts to try and meet demand" and "food prices reach new lows" along with other galactic news stories
I loved the news ticker in SimCity 3000, "Chefs Find Broccoli Effective Tool For Cutting Cheese" And could easily imagine adding a little banner with thematic lines at the bottom of both the galactic market (your Consumer goods example, or some megacorp slogans drawn from actual in-game empires) and to the Galactic council (mentioning wars, diplomatic incidents and spy stuff, perhaps with references to the resolution currently being discussed).

But I hated "Galactic News Network" in the new Master of Orion, they spent far too much on the voice acting and too little thought as to how jarring a loud full-screen cinematic would be every few minutes of game time. Oddly I still like it in the old MOO2, I think just a few miliseconds delay or specific noise can turn something that works into something annoying... and I love the voice actors, so I can't quite work out what went wrong there.

But yes, mostly I want to be able to tell at a glance if I'm buying consumer goods and the price has gone up dramatically without me noticing. I don't like having to learn the base price of every resource x my current market fee to see if things are going well or badly in the market. I just feel like some graphs would make it feel more real and dynamic (although currently there would just be lots of flat lines or curves with sudden jolts... which is a problem in itself with the way prices snap back to default values).

• 1Like
Reactions:
I loved the news ticker in SimCity 3000, "Chefs Find Broccoli Effective Tool For Cutting Cheese" And could easily imagine adding a little banner with thematic lines at the bottom of both the galactic market (your Consumer goods example, or some megacorp slogans drawn from actual in-game empires) and to the Galactic council (mentioning wars, diplomatic incidents and spy stuff, perhaps with references to the resolution currently being discussed).

But I hated "Galactic News Network" in the new Master of Orion, they spent far too much on the voice acting and too little thought as to how jarring a loud full-screen cinematic would be every few minutes of game time. Oddly I still like it in the old MOO2, I think just a few miliseconds delay or specific noise can turn something that works into something annoying... and I love the voice actors, so I can't quite work out what went wrong there.

But yes, mostly I want to be able to tell at a glance if I'm buying consumer goods and the price has gone up dramatically without me noticing. I don't like having to learn the base price of every resource x my current market fee to see if things are going well or badly in the market. I just feel like some graphs would make it feel more real and dynamic (although currently there would just be lots of flat lines or curves with sudden jolts... which is a problem in itself with the way prices snap back to default values).
I was mostly making a reference to the greatest economic simulator of all time, Vicky 2. The graphs are incredible you see.

I was mostly making a reference to the greatest economic simulator of all time, Vicky 2. The graphs are incredible you see.
I see, it was still nice to take a trip down memory lane considering how older games present news to the player.

Also, in my head SimCity 3000 has the graphics of the modern versions, including the beautiful solar salt style power plant, though I'm not sure which game first had that graphic it's now stuck in my mind as the default "cool solar power plant". Memories are odd like that

• 1Like
Reactions: